Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Create a minor league system for basketball and football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Create a minor league system for basketball and football

Feb 24, 2018, 10:24 AM

and good luck and bon voyage to any young man that wants to be paid. Put the college back in collage sports similar to collage baseball.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Create a minor league system for basketball and football

Feb 24, 2018, 2:01 PM

If the guy that is starting the XFL is smart, he will populate this league with kids out of high school that are good players that don't want to go the college route. It could become the minor league for the NFL. Then the players that really want a degree go the college route and they have to stay all 4 years.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 24, 2018, 10:57 AM

Sounds like they already have .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

So college football can become akin to college baseball?

Feb 24, 2018, 11:01 AM

Where you want to recruit the best player you can...but not too good because they may choose to go to the minors?

Every major college stadium would see attendance drop by 50% in a matter of years if that happens.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Maybe that wouldn't be so bad really.***

Feb 24, 2018, 11:14 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s quite an assumption. Stadiums are filled with people

Feb 24, 2018, 11:38 AM [ in reply to So college football can become akin to college baseball? ]

who pay thousands of dollars for the right to attend six or seven games a year.

null

That choice could potentially

Feb 24, 2018, 11:09 AM

cost a superstar kid millions. Butt I do think that many would see the advantage of going to college. Most are treated like royalty on campus.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Feb 24, 2018, 11:39 AM

Nope, totally against it. Wish they’d get rid of it in baseball. All college sports should have the current fb rules,,3 yrs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 24, 2018, 11:52 AM

In baseball if a player signs with a 4 year school and enrolls he has to stay a minimum of 3 years, I think it works well in that a kid can go pro or go to school. It’s a simple choice and it’s a set rule.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 24, 2018, 11:50 AM

They have a minor league system for the NBA, called the G-League (formerly the D-League). JB plays for the Spurs minor team, and kids can always go overseas as well.

They just need to do away with the minimum one year of college for basketball, that would solve some of the issues.

The football thing is different just due to human anatomy, very very few kids are ready to play against NFL sized players at 18, way too many major injuries would occur. College is essentially the NFL’s minor league, and the system is pretty good.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 24, 2018, 9:22 PM

Way to pay attention to what is happening in life.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic