Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Covid question made me think about "Transfers"?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Covid question made me think about "Transfers"?

Nov 10, 2020, 4:10 AM

Do you think we have a huge group of transfers this year since as I understand 2020 is basically a RS year no matter of playing time. So do we lose a lot of transfers since that could mean immediate playing time if I understand correctly?

Already lost Bowman which I thick is a larger loss than we credit. Thankfully RB is a position that seems pretty easily replaced as far as productive but often fall behind in blocking schemes. But big back like Mafah could make immediate impact.

But if players are RS this yr no matter of history or prior playing time, then could we lose a ton of players as Transfers. Just think about quality players 2-3yrs in that might be getting passed by younger players luke:
LV Bentley
ET Reuben
LA Williams
Ja Lay
Ruke
Goodrich

Those are just few names that popped to mind but there could be OL and RBs that feel like grass is greener somewhere? I obviously hope not desperately but starting promises might be too great without loss of year??

What you think? Is it possible we lose many players? Hopefully we don't have to worry, but I hope Dabo had good enough relationship that if happens his players will tell him and we recruit to fill. We look super short now as id

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Covid question made me think about "Transfers"?

Nov 10, 2020, 8:45 AM

I think Dabo should consider accepting transfers. Times are changing and if we are to keep up with the top programs that are all taking transfers to fill their needs, we might need to follow suit Go Tigers

Nov 10, 2020, 9:23 AM

If you point me in the direction of one top program that took a transfer and it was an overall positive for the program I will point you in the direction of 5 programs that tried the transfer route and it turned into a negative.

It works great for teams trying to go from bad/below average to build the program but for the teams that are already good it hasn't been helpful.

Nov 10, 2020, 9:24 AM

Players transfer every year.

If the rule is passed that players can get a 1 time transfer without having to sit a year, we will likely see a few more transfers.

I'm not sure the COVID eligibility will affect many players players in terms of deciding to transfer.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic