Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Couldn't help myself. I read some bits and pieces...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,009

Couldn't help myself. I read some bits and pieces...

May 30, 2013, 9:36 AM

from the SEC conference meeting in Florida. And--surprise, surprise--Spurrier continues to complain about the league's scheduling. He particularly noted that Georgia and Alabama played in Atlanta last year and didn't have to play the best three teams from the opposing divisions.

Honestly, this man may be the biggest complainer in recent memory in college football. Kevin Sumlin didn't gripe about Texas A&M's tough schedule (Florida, LSU, Alabama) in their first SEC year. Les Miles was about the only person who didn't think LSU's 2011 schedule (every ranked opponent imaginable) was insane.

You want to win a championship? Stop worrying about what you can't control and just play. Simple. I want my Clemson Tigers to win it all, and I don't care what hand we're dealt. What I would never want is to win a title because we successfully campaigned to have our schedule watered down. Just my two cents. Sorry for bringing the coots into discussion.

As always, GO TIGERS!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The rock has strange powers. When you rub it, and run down the hill, the adrenaline flows. It’s the most emotional experience I’ve ever had." -Michael Dean Perry

"If you don't like Clemson, something is wrong with YOU." -Dabo Swinney

Re: Couldn't help myself. I read some bits and pieces...

May 30, 2013, 9:53 AM

I'm no fan of USC or Spurrier (full disclosure: I'm a current Clemson student / I was raised right)but it's easy to understand where he is coming from. He's not saying his team would have won the SEC championship or even made it to the SEC championship had the schedules had been different. All he is saying is that the scheduling is unfair (i.e. Georgia and Bama not playing the top teams from the other side of the conference).

I think we can agree that it IS unfair if a team in the conference doesn't have to play any of the top three teams in the other side of the conference. The conference strength of schedule would be very different for a team like A&M/USC compared to Georgia.

I do agree that at some point you have to move on from the unfairness of the scheduling and play your best football to prove you belong where you want to belong. If you're, in this case, the SEC Champion then I believe that means you can and should beat every other team in the conference.

I think we should call him a

May 30, 2013, 9:58 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

That ole coot'll brag about his SOS...

May 30, 2013, 4:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Couldn't help myself. I read some bits and pieces... ]

when it suits his purpose.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HEY, if I had to coach at USuCk I'd made excuses for ....

May 30, 2013, 9:54 AM

sucking too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look at it this way....

May 30, 2013, 10:50 AM

chickentech's been caught cheating twice in the last 10 years and put on probation and they STILL haven't won an SEC championship and haven't even come close to an NC.

Since cheating hasn't worked, whining may be his last recourse.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think we should call him a

May 30, 2013, 10:55 AM

Or maybe a little cheese with that whine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Couldn't help myself. I read some bits and pieces...

May 30, 2013, 4:32 PM

Here is the ESPN write up.
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/64820/head-ball-coach-still-telling-it-like-it-is

I think we can all agree that UGa had an easy conference

May 30, 2013, 5:37 PM

schedule... The only reason they went to Atlanta the last 2 years is because they got to duck Bama, Arky and LSU 2 years ago and the only reason they went last year is because they ducked Bama in the regular season and got to play Mizzu instead... Truthfully, if anybody has a legitimate schedule ##### it is Florida...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama says they'll play in the SEC East and let USuCk play in

May 30, 2013, 5:45 PM

the SEC West to make it more fair for Ol' Steve-O. lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,009
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic