Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coronavirus outbreak at OSU....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Coronavirus outbreak at OSU....

Dec 17, 2020, 1:38 PM

Their best WR and "several others" are reported Covid (+) this AM. Of course, OSU is mum about it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coronavirus outbreak at OSU....

Dec 17, 2020, 1:42 PM

Won't matter they are getting in the playoffs even if Northwestern bends them over a bar and buggers them for a week. The committee will excuse them for it being the virus. 5 wins and your in if your O310 St, just because they pass the eye test! Heck my blind 88 year father in law passes the eye test at the DMV and them promptly drove in a ditch!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2020, 1:45 PM

They lose, they will not get in. Period.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

line will move from -20.5 to -13.5 NOTHING TO SEE HERE

Dec 17, 2020, 2:03 PM

MOVE ALONG!!! Northwestern fighting Reece Davis' are NOT GOOD.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oregon State? Oklahoma State?

Dec 17, 2020, 1:42 PM

Wait, are you talking about 031o State?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Dec 17, 2020, 1:48 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Big 10 rules state that a team is not allowed to play if there is 20% or greater covid+ players on the team. I wonder how many players it would take to get to that point. It would be pretty great to see OSU miss the Big 10 championship after it was literally gift wrapped and handed to them.

Dec 17, 2020, 1:48 PM

Also, their quarantine time in the Big 10 is 21 days, so that means that those guys would be out for the semi-final if it is gifted to them as well. LOL, I love karma.

Dec 17, 2020, 1:54 PM

They are already in communication to get the 21 day rule waived. And they are not reporting the number of players affected, because.... well you can guess that part.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2020, 2:21 PM

Figures. Can we just all agree that the Big 10 is possibly the most hypocritical and corrupt league in all of sports this year? Bending over backwards for Ohio State when they wouldn't dare do the same for any other team in their league.

Dec 17, 2020, 2:26 PM

The Big10 has found a convenient way out by claiming the Big10 season ends with the Championship and OSU is free to do how they see fit after that date. Face saving.

Dec 17, 2020, 1:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Coronavirus outbreak at OSU.... ]

And we couldn't cornhole FSU with only ONE player out?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2020, 4:32 PM

I’m waiting for BretFSU to TU this post. ??????

Dec 17, 2020, 1:53 PM

Here is the thread on elevenwarriors.com. I'm reading responses to the initial post now.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/ohio-state-football/2020/12/119379/covid-issues-update-jeff-snook

Dec 17, 2020, 1:59 PM

I checked twitter as well, and it seems that several other sources have confirmed it as well. This will be really interesting to watch play out. Surely, the CFP committee would have to drop OSU out of the top 4 if they don't to get play in the championship. I wonder what avenues that would open up for Clemson if (in the worst case scenario) the ACCCG didn't play out in our favor this weekend.

Dec 17, 2020, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Coronavirus outbreak at OSU.... ]

Deer 11 Warriors: Denial is not a river in Egypt....

Woody Hayes center

Dec 17, 2020, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Coronavirus outbreak at OSU.... ]

In the back of the bucknuts mind that have never beaten Clemson is the fact their famous Hall of Fame coach ended his career because he couldn’t stand it that little ole Clemson beat his team, he got so mad he popped a Clemson player who ended his hopes in the jaw. Horrible sportsmanship ended his career.

Fast forward to how their coach acted after we spanked their tails last season.

Poor little ole Bucknuts!

Hope they make it & we get them in the 1st playoff game. We will open a can on them in Trevors last shot at them.

52-17 Tigers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Those crazy elves!!***

Dec 17, 2020, 2:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Coronavirus outbreak at OSU.... ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2020, 2:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Coronavirus outbreak at OSU.... ]

Apparently the "star" is Olava, a WR, and not Fields.

Dec 17, 2020, 5:30 PM

Olave is their best WR and pretty #### good, granted he is the one that Fields didn't throw it to and instead threw it to Nolan Turner.

No Dobbins (now in NFL). No Olave and Fields isn't as good as last year. They are screwed..

Dec 17, 2020, 7:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Coronavirus outbreak at OSU.... ]

I'm hearing they just changed the name the group to elevenworriers

Dec 17, 2020, 2:15 PM

How would you like to be NW and have to depend on O31O to give an honest medical report and keep your players safe???

Dec 17, 2020, 2:34 PM

How would you like to be Northwestern and work hard all season to make sure your team stays healthy, only to make it to the BIG10 championship game for the first time in ages (probably ever), then you find out you get to play Indiana who lost their best player to injury?

You finally did it! Northwestern has a chance to win the BIG10!

Wait, our conference is changing all of the COVID rules to protect one team and now we have to play Ohio St?

Northwestern no longer has a shot to win the game, even if OSU has a few players out with COVID.

Not only did the BIG10 sell its soul to help OSU, but it also just stripped the only chance Northwestern had of winning the conference by doing things the right way.

Oh yea, and as you stated they now have to rely on the only school that is doing everything in their power to circumvent the rules to get into the playoff to do the right thing and not stretch the truth on making sure only healthy players are with the team in the game.

So, it would appear the B1G can't save

Dec 17, 2020, 5:19 PM

tOSU from itself. What a train wreck the 'City College of Columbus' is proving to be.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2020, 12:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Coronavirus outbreak at OSU.... ]

Northwestern has won the B10 Championship 7 times with the most recent being in 2000. They last played in the B10 Championship game in 2018 against Ohio State.

Dec 17, 2020, 7:06 PM

They will be well by Saturday morning

Dec 17, 2020, 8:08 PM

As much as I dislike 031-0 ST and the B1G, I just can’t bring myself to find any kind of satisfaction in hearing that anyone, anywhere has this virus. I just hope that if anyone there (or anywhere else) has this virus that they make a full a complete recovery.

My wish for the end of this season would be for us to beat ND in the ACCCG, stomp a huge mud hole in a healthy O31-0 ST and then beat Bama in the championship. Winning a Natty by knocking of those 3 teams would leave no doubt, no asterisk, no questions.

Dec 17, 2020, 10:51 PM

This is the right take. And the feeling is mutual. Really want to see a healthy rematch of Ohio State and Clemson. I'm not surprised by a lot of takes on this thread glad to see this one.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic