Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The “narrative” in the mainstream media and online news
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,361

The “narrative” in the mainstream media and online news

Nov 23, 2020, 1:37 PM

is that Dabo Swinney doesn’t care about the Corona virus and he doesn’t care if players get sick. There is an actual article on DeadSpin spewing this BS. Now, Norvel is adding to it, trying to smear Clemson.
DRad and Dabo need to have a press conference this evening and put this to bed. Give the timeline, give the facts, and the ACC protocols. So tired of Clemson having to bend over and taking this s###.
Whether it’s this, the whole racial issue from this summer, or even the ostarine thing from two years ago.
DRad need to go out there and have Dabo and our players’ backs. The MSM doesn’t care about facts and they will smear Dabo, truth be ######.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, and add Swoff to that list.

Nov 23, 2020, 1:39 PM

Corona is being used to get rid of things people don't like.

Nov 23, 2020, 1:39 PM

Looks like Clemson is next on the list.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Corona is being used to get rid of things people don't like.

Nov 23, 2020, 5:08 PM

They (the media) are happy about all of this. We are out of the playoff picture according to some and Trevor now has no shot at the Heisman. They love it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The “narrative” in the mainstream media and online news

Nov 23, 2020, 1:43 PM

You mean LSM- Lame Stream Media.

Nov 23, 2020, 2:34 PM

MSM lost all credibility years ago and now is just a propaganda tool of the radical left.

Nov 23, 2020, 2:45 PM

I think the question here is what is considered as mainstream media? I've seen ESPN report on it, but they've pretty much just quoted what was said by Dabo last night, and now Novell today. I haven't really seen any major sports outlets or even major news outlets report anything different from ESPN either.

Of course if you're looking hard enough you're going to find people twisting it against Dabo. I'd say it's no surprise that a lesser known site like the one you're referring to would take such a stance in an attempt to try and receive as much attention as they can. There's always going to be a lot of that though unfortunately.

I went and read the article you're talking about, and the writer even mentioned that Dabo was demanding money from FSU. This came right after a mention of how much money Dabo makes per year, and the way the line was written it seemed to indicate that Dabo was demanding money from FSU for himself. Yeah, it sucks that people are allowed to write crap like that without having a clue as to what they're talking about, but 99.9% of the sports world won't even read that garbage to begin with.

Nov 23, 2020, 3:00 PM

Thank you. I thought the same thing. I thought it could go bad, but for the most part, they have just basically said that FSU postponed and Dabo is pissed. Expected worse, but pleasantly surprised.

Nov 23, 2020, 4:50 PM [ in reply to Re: The “narrative” in the mainstream media and online news ]

Well, it is mainly the sports networks, CBS Sports, Yahoo Sports, the $EC Network, ESECPN, and Fox Sports. They all have the same slant. Anyone who pays attention to College Football hears the spin. Danny Kanell, this morning, was blaming Clemson for allowing a “player with symptoms to travel with the team”.

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,361
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic