Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Savion Jackson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Savion Jackson

Jun 13, 2018, 8:05 AM

We're not in it for him but figured the board might like a nugget on how childish Muschump and the coots are.

This is all from a buddy in Raleigh who's pretty plugged in at NCSU so take it FWIW: Savion was trending in the Coots' direction the last few days when he went to State's camp and presumably had second thoughts. Fast forward to yesterday when apparently Jackson told Muschump that he would be committing to Diva Dave Doeren and suddenly his offer from USuCk was pulled, Muschump goes on a Twitter RT spree of saying kids need to leave their moms to become a man, etc, and the reasoning for pulling the offer was that Belk committed so they don't have room for him now.

A little long and not related to CU but I got a kick out of how things are being run down there.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, he was

Jun 13, 2018, 8:15 AM

Over sign-worthy, until he wasn't? Good luck to Savion, although it seems he simply dodged one bullet, just to take another!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe NCSU will be better for personal growth.

Jun 13, 2018, 8:21 AM

The coots will do better on the field though. The coots will probably be a top 15 team in 2 to 3 years. He would have to play for Muscoot though.

Well 1 team just sent their entire

Jun 13, 2018, 10:04 AM

Front to the NFL and one ,well, didn’t

The coots will probably do something similar soon.

Jun 13, 2018, 10:59 AM

They are recruiting well on the DL obviously.

Re: Savion Jackson

Jun 13, 2018, 8:25 AM

good, we don't need them building DE depth

Coots signed 2 SDE already

Jun 13, 2018, 8:45 AM

I don't know why Jackson was even still considering them.

I hate that DD will get him. He'll be a good DE for the Pack.

Re: Coots signed 2 SDE already

Jun 13, 2018, 10:22 AM

I actually respect Doeren.

I don't like him - I think he's a crybaby, a selfish jerk, and a charismatically-challenged whiner - but he's a solid football coach. His gameday coaching sometimes leaves something to be desired but at the end of the day he knows how to build, which is from the lines out, he doesn't take shortcuts, and other than his QB - who followed the OC, Eli Drinkwitz, from Boise State - he's built with solid 4-year guys and done his best to avoid behavior problems and divas, which is why NC State has passed Petrino's Louisville on the field now.

He built Northern Illinois into a contender that went 12-1 and got all the way to the Orange Bowl a few years back and given time I think he'll make State a very solid, very respectable team...though I do think it's likely he'll better-deal State at some point because he's always been an ambitious guy...and did I mention, kind of a selfish jerk.

Not surprised he landed Jackson. He had a much more fundamentally solid program to offer than South Carolina did...regrettably. The ACC Atlantic isn't getting any easier. Heck, our bottom-dweller is Syracuse...and is it strange I fear them a lot more than I fear Muschamp's Carolina, especially with Dino Babers coaching them?

Dave Doeren

Jun 13, 2018, 10:39 AM

can actually develop talent as seen with Chubb and those DT's they had last year. I agree he is a crybaby and his in-game coaching isn't the greatest, but at the end of the day he is a pretty good coach and developer of the talent he gets.

He's got a nice little roster right now besides having to rebuild that solid Def. Line from last year. but his LB core the next few years look really good.

Re: Coots signed 2 SDE already

Jun 13, 2018, 10:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Coots signed 2 SDE already ]

I think you're giving DD too much credit for a 2 year stint at N Ill and whose ACC record is around .500 and is 2-16 against the big 3 in the division (2 W's came in down years for UL and FSU last year). His only real success has been with transfer QB's which will be gone next year and lost a ton of experience and talent to the draft.

Haven't recruited particularly well and are taking advantage of a fruitful year in the piedmont of NC talent-wise.

Last year was his year to win something meaningful and the best he could get was 8 wins and 2nd in the division.

don't give

Jun 13, 2018, 12:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Coots signed 2 SDE already ]

clemsonrulez08® something to pound his chest about

Jun 13, 2018, 10:18 AM

From a recruiting buddy of mine he said Savion told him throughout the process he’s worried about the depth at SDE, they have Pickens ahead of him and Belk doesn’t play DE. USC isnt scared to oversign and they wouldn’t pull Savions offer.

I thought coaches were forbidden to comment on a player...

Jun 13, 2018, 10:51 AM

in public until after the player signed his LOI.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I thought coaches were forbidden to comment on a player...

Jun 13, 2018, 11:16 AM

You can't, but you can put out nonspecific tweets that don't name a player but specifically apply to them. It's not very smart though because some other recruits will take notice, but then Muschamp has always seemed more petty than smart.

Jun 13, 2018, 11:57 AM

Sounds like Nochamp spent some money he’s never going to get a return on. At the end of the day, they could get all the talent in America but they still have C-list coaching.

Jun 13, 2018, 12:24 PM

From what I heard Jackson is a bit overrated and the reason he is choosing between the Gamecocks and NC State. Like I said its just something I heard. My brother is in the high school coaching scene in Rock Hill not that that matters but heard it through the grapevine. Also good on NC State having their front 4 drafted, that take Doeren's number of guys drafted from 1 to 5 his tenure there.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic