Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coot leadership failures...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Coot leadership failures...

Jan 13, 2021, 11:09 AM

It starts with Ray Tanner, who was a great baseball coach, but has no business running the AD.

He struck out in the last coaching search and settled for Muschamp, who had already failed at UF.

Muschamp's tenure started with him making a crude joke about Kathleen Swinney, and only went down from there.

Now they hired Shane Beamer, who has never even been offered a position to co-ordinate either side of the ball by anyone, much less be a HC.

Surprise, surprise, despite Beamer selling RT and Co on all his great connections, he had to scramble to find enough guys to fill out his staff. What proven coaches want to work for a guy with no experience?

Coaches Beamer did hire have bailed on him already.

The novices he has pulled up from G-5 and high school ranks have already shown their immaturity, lobbing thinly-veiled insults at Bobo in their introductory presser. Coot fans yucked it up when they heard those jabs. But do you know who else was listening? Gunner Stockton and family...who are long time friends with the Bobo family.

Another big surprise, Stockton, who was their current highest rated commit and all time highest rated QB commit, decoots. The new staff showed immaturity and a lack of professionalism attacking a close Stockton family friend. You think he's going to play for them?

And, the clown show continues. Tracy Rocker was a no-show for a coach's meeting, which is how Beamer found out he was bolting too.

I mean, college rivalries are great all over the country. But we really hit the jackpot with the coots being our instate "rival."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coot leadership failures...

Jan 13, 2021, 11:20 AM

Couldn't happen to a better bunch if you ask me. I can hardly wait to hear Todd Ellis pumping up this squad as they take the field.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2021, 11:29 AM

Yeah, you usually have great optimism when a new staff arrives but it is going downhill rapidly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get that team back under 0.500 all-time, where they belong.***

Jan 13, 2021, 12:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 13, 2021, 11:32 AM

It's so much fun to watch, hear, taste....all the senses find enjoyment of what is taking place down there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2021, 2:40 PM

I live in cooterville and unfortunately I have Covid at the moment and I can't taste or smell a #### thing. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2021, 4:26 PM

Get well soon!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2021, 11:34 AM

CORRECTING YOUR POST :)

Coot leadership failures... It starts with:

an act of the South Carolina General Assembly initiated by Governor John Drayton on Dec 19 1801. You can claim that the failure in leadership was begin with their first president Reverend Jonathan Maxcy. Even then, he was a case-off president of both Brown and Union college.... thus he was working his way into the graveyard and thus established the University's roll as being a retirement home for the unfit.

One of their biggest leadership failures is whatever

Jan 13, 2021, 11:54 AM

jerkwater decided it would be a GREAT idea to have a screaming chicken audio blare out over the stadium sound system whenever the Coots need a big play on defense.

Of course, what do you expect from a school whose choreographed mascot entrance is showing him breaking out of his jail cell before every home game? Who gets arrested that often anyway?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One of their biggest leadership failures is whatever

Jan 13, 2021, 2:34 PM

Lol. It's worth mentioning that the mascot is a chicken wearing a dress and the jail cell is made out of PVC pipe. Silly coots...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2021, 11:56 AM

Muschamp has been a known train wreck PR nightmare ever since they hired him. You can just go on YouTube or google it and see him in a clip blowing up in some matter or another. Other examples at CootU aside from that crude joke about Kathleen is when made and angry remark on the reporter (which he quickly apologized later) after we handed it to them in 2018 and standing up for DJ Durkin (Maryland HC who's program killed one of their players). His skill is clearly on the field, a defensive coordinator preventing the other team from scoring. Not leading and selling his program to recruits and the rest of the world. I don't know if they have some sort of PR training program at UofSC for their athletics department. They sorely need it. In my organization, upcoming CEOs/managers who would the future face of of our company would be sent to get media training, which we would refer to as "charm school". It is to teach them how to behave to outsiders so they wouldn't be perceived as an idiot or say something stupid that would discredit us all.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2021, 12:18 PM

It's been decades since an ADs job was to shake hands at the local booster clubs.

Hiring a former coach as AD is almost always a mistake.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ray Tanner is an example to all Legendary Coaches to stay

Jan 13, 2021, 12:33 PM

out of AD work or anything other than what you're good at. Its a different monster. He's single-handedly ruined his reputation that was once spotless in the eyes of those at USuC. Stick with what you know and move on to retirement or other related ventures within your field of expertise. Now those people loathe the guy and want him gone. Being the AD at USuC sounds like the worst job in the world anyways. Go be AD somewhere that has at least some potential.

These guys just believe this SEC lie that they're "part of the crew." No... you're just a team "the crew" can pound on every year to keep "the crew" nationally relevant. The Crew is "Bama, LSU, UF, and UGA." The rest are filler and always will be. They get paid to be lap dogs but are set far away from the table. That crew makes the rules and gets the preferential treatment. Teams like USuC might get a crumb here and there but they're one of the red headed step children that ran away from home a long time ago and are not welcome back.

Jan 13, 2021, 3:13 PM

The sad part is we haven't even hit rock bottom yet.

I've never been more hopeless than right now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Why?

Jan 13, 2021, 4:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2021, 6:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Coot leadership failures... ]

I gave you a pity tu...lol

Jan 13, 2021, 6:47 PM

secgrowa said:

I gave you a pity tu...lol

After reading your post I did too. So I guess you’re responsible for two TU’s.

They have leaders? Inconceivable!

Jan 13, 2021, 5:05 PM

I do not think that word means what they think it means...........

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2021, 7:16 PM

And in the words of former football player and AD King Dixon, "I'M SICK AND TIRED OF BEING SICK AND TIRED".

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2021, 8:14 AM

Nobody hates them more than me, but I want them to have some success for a simple, selfish reason. I fear that USuC fans will turn into Vandy or Duke football fans and simply not care anymore. I like beating them when they think they have a chance to win. When they have lost all hope its about like beating Furman. Not very exciting.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic