Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BYU will play Coastal Carolina (9-0 teams)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

BYU will play Coastal Carolina (9-0 teams)

Dec 3, 2020, 9:41 AM

https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/status/1334506718513025026

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BYU will play Coastal Carolina (9-0 teams)

Dec 3, 2020, 9:42 AM

This, I will watch

That's awesome

Dec 3, 2020, 9:46 AM

I think BYU is going to kill them, but i will 100% watch that game.

I don't care how highly

Dec 3, 2020, 9:54 AM

rated Myrtle Beach Tech is. They losin this weekend. BYU by 14

I don't know - Coastal reminds me of the ol' Boise St

Dec 3, 2020, 10:07 AM

back when they were really good but nobody really knew who they were or gave them any credit until they shocked Oklahoma in one of the best bowl games of all time (Fiesta, I think).

I think Coastal gives them a good game and an upset wouldn't surprise me. I'll be watching and pulling for them, for sure! It helps that my nextdoor neighbor's kid plays for them, too!

Go Chants!
Go Tigers!

Best two teams in the state!

I Will Watch That...Great Move***

Dec 3, 2020, 10:27 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cool. But, I think this is an insult to the game of football

Dec 3, 2020, 10:43 AM

and cheapens the incredible amount of preparation that normally goes into games.

Just my thoughts. But on the surface, it’s cool and I’ll probably watch!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why is this an insult?

Dec 3, 2020, 10:49 AM

It sounds like CCU's game with Liberty was going to be cancelled and BYU, presumably, had this weekend off. It's a really nice resume boost for whoever wins.

Re: Cool. But, I think this is an insult to the game of football

Dec 3, 2020, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Cool. But, I think this is an insult to the game of football ]

There's nothing "normally" about 2020. It's not an insult, it's flexibility.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Dec 3, 2020, 10:59 AM [ in reply to Cool. But, I think this is an insult to the game of football ]

1. It’s perfectly 2020!

2. It’s an incredibly smart move by both programs. This game will have hugeee ratings and shine a light on them, especially Coastal, because BYU is a known commodity.

3. This is the type of thing Boise & USF should have done. Respect, esp in sports, is earned, not handed out like candy.

Dec 3, 2020, 12:14 PM [ in reply to Cool. But, I think this is an insult to the game of football ]

Not really - they can play their base offenses and defenses for a quarter and make adjustments after that.

Dec 3, 2020, 11:43 AM

Will the game be played at Coastal or at BYU?

It's in Conway. (nm)***

Dec 3, 2020, 11:51 AM

Dec 3, 2020, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Re: BYU will play Coastal Carolina (9-0 teams) ]

I want to know this as well. I was supposed to work Saturday, but if the game is being played at Coastal, then I can't pass on an opportunity like this.

It is in Conway - with GameDay - screw work - I'll write you

Dec 3, 2020, 3:45 PM

a note.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Seriously?

Dec 3, 2020, 1:15 PM [ in reply to Re: BYU will play Coastal Carolina (9-0 teams) ]

I love people like this.

People that post a question on tiger net when they could’ve googled and gotten the answer faster than the time to post this And infinitely faster than posting then coming back and waiting for a response. I just truly don’t get that mindset!

If it were a Clemson question or a sports question that’s not easily found online that’s different. But a basic question that a quick simple Google search can answer? Don’t get it.

Not to mention how it looks. If I want an answer to a question I’ll go and find it myself Although based on his posting history he does smell like a liberal and they are sheep that like other people giving them the answers rather than doing their own homework!

Re: Seriously?

Dec 3, 2020, 1:43 PM

The reason I asked is because reporter on WCBD said it was AT BYU. That did not seem correct so I googled it. My Google searches did not reveal the answer.

Funny how people post attacking comments from the safety net of a key board.

Dec 3, 2020, 1:46 PM [ in reply to Seriously? ]

After my reply to your post I went to give you a thumbs down but decided against it since your pulse is so low. I hate to kick a man while he is down so I will give you a thumbs up instead in hopes of you getting things together.

Dec 3, 2020, 3:01 PM

I couldn’t care less about my pulse. I’m not an attention seeker so I don’t post to get points nor let my opinions and posting be dictated by whether I think it’s popular. People on here complaining about points & pulse ratings look like children.

FWIW since you brought it up, 60% is about right because I estimate about 35 to 45 percent of the regulars here are either liberal or kook aid drinkers, or both, and are rarely going to like anything I post!

I am not PC nor stupid woke or brainwashed. I am a proud 80’s Cu grad & staunch libertarian & liberal in the classical sense. Furthermore, I love Clemson & CU athletics, my blood truly runeth orange and has since I was a kid playing on the Hill in the 70s. But unlike kook aid drinkers, I believe people should hold ourselves & others accountable, esp in our own house! Not holding our own accountable while calling out others is the essence of hypocrisy, which I loath and part of my hatred of “the left” and for kook aid drinkers! I love having Dabo as our coach, but Clemson administrators coaches players students etc. are all fair game. I police my house and my loyalty is to Clemson the institution, not people passing through! Just as my loyalty is to the Constitution. Not parties!

People that know me know that my opinions and beliefs are principled, informed, educated, logical, and consistent!

Frankly the whole points & pulse thing is stupid! I will give a thumbs up for something funny, smart, interesting or insightful, but not as an ego stroke, but to say cool or thanks! I don’t think I’ve ever given a thumbs down. Seems silly. If I really don’t like a post I post a snarky response! LOL!! I’m bit of an A-hole, but I freely admit it and even embrace it!

As yes I’ve thrown a few shots your way, but you’re a contractor and a big boy, you can take it.

I almost used my name when I created my account, but sometimes I tell stories from my Cu days that could incriminate others, which isn’t my right to do, but I typically use my name if I post or comment I recently published my name and info on here during a little pissin’ match, lol, but the mods nuked it!

Where are you from originally?

How long have you been contracting?

CU grad?

I should fill out my profile. CU ‘88 Finance. Lowcountry born & reared.

I do commercial & residential finance and some RE investing. T-Mail me if you don’t want to answer publicly. Who knows, we might hit it off and do some biz together. I’m currently working on a small project on John’s Island and consulting for some friends on another.

Message was edited by: Lowcntry_Tiger®

We ALL get that you embrace that you are an Ahole . . . in

Dec 3, 2020, 3:51 PM

fact, I don't think EMBRACE is nearly a strong enough word.

What is stronger than embrace . . . .

You EMBODY all that being an Ahole encompasses.

What else ? ? ? ?

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Touché!!! Point!***

Dec 3, 2020, 4:33 PM

Dec 3, 2020, 4:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Seriously? ]

FYi my long response started out as sarcasm but evolved into an olive branch and conversation that in retrospect I should have T-Mailed.

Try to think of a message board as a conversation, a little give and take if you will.

Dec 3, 2020, 2:52 PM [ in reply to Seriously? ]

Also relax a little the liberals aren’t out to get you.

Something's wrong with that dude.***

Dec 3, 2020, 2:55 PM

Ever heard of cancel culture?

Dec 3, 2020, 4:37 PM [ in reply to Try to think of a message board as a conversation, a little give and take if you will. ]

Been paying attention to big tech censorship?

The “left” is in fact trying to destroy America.

You know, you’re right...

Dec 3, 2020, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Seriously? ]

People can much more wisely spend their time writing multiple paragraphs complaining about other people asking questions.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ironic isn’t it?

Dec 3, 2020, 4:46 PM

You people are a bit too serious.

My posts are often voice dictation and stream of conscience and I typically don’t realize they are so long because I’m usually driving when I post that way. I’m also often snarky & sarcastic! Unfortunately sarcasm & snark don’t come across well in print especially for an audience this dim!

Dec 3, 2020, 11:59 AM

I hope CCU beats the crap out of BYU. We’ll see. Go Chants!

Go Tigers!!

Coastal gonna get beat like they stole somethin'***

Dec 3, 2020, 11:59 AM

Dec 3, 2020, 12:25 PM

A school without alcohol vs a school that is only alcohol

Love ya Coastal to a point but there are only two liquids in Horry County: saltwater and liquor.

The Mormons vs. the Dirty Myrtles***

Dec 3, 2020, 12:59 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

A 9-2 Clemson team has a chance to make it to the CFP

Dec 3, 2020, 1:13 PM

unless BYU makes up some ground on Clemson by beating ranked opponents.

BYU will get killed by the #1 seed in the CFP

Dec 3, 2020, 1:15 PM

I hope BYU doesn't sneak into the CFP (unless somehow Clemson can move to the #1 seed).

Dec 3, 2020, 3:07 PM

Watching this game for sure. If BYU wins this game by a huge margin it "might" help them establish them as a CFP contender and keep the bucknuts out. Plus the espIn talking heads would explode if BYU moved ahead of ohio st. Welcome to 2020.

CUvsFSU2011win

-- Too many daughters and not enough bullets. --

It's interesting to note that BYU does not qualify for the

Dec 3, 2020, 3:34 PM

G5 spot in the NY6 bowls. They would have to beat out a P5 team for an at-large bid.

Dec 3, 2020, 3:59 PM

I’m sure all of us will watch Coastal Carolina football this weekend. They do have National Championship in Baseball. Remember this is 2020. Question though, If Coastal Carolina wins over a top 20 team. Could they possibly knock out Ohio State at 7-0?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic