Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Conspiracy Theory Handbook
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Conspiracy Theory Handbook

Feb 12, 2021, 10:44 AM

Take a look at this...I found it helpful. But, I'm dumb, so most of you probably already get this stuff.
https://www.climatechangecommunication.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/ConspiracyTheoryHandbook.pdf

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They lost all credibility in just the second paragraph. DONE***

Feb 12, 2021, 10:53 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok, thanks for trying.***

Feb 12, 2021, 10:55 AM

You asked... I gave.***

Feb 12, 2021, 10:59 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You asked... I gave.***

Feb 12, 2021, 3:45 PM

What's in the second para? I was expecting it, but missed the punch line maybe...seems okay to me.

Are you thinking about the election?

Re: They lost all credibility in just the second paragraph. DONE***

Feb 12, 2021, 11:52 AM [ in reply to They lost all credibility in just the second paragraph. DONE*** ]

Well, at least you gave them a considered, reasonable chance to inform you.

Several hundreds of hours of independent research are all

Feb 12, 2021, 12:06 PM

that I feel I need on the two topics of paragraph two... SEVERAL HUNDREDS OF HOURS!

Re: Several hundreds of hours of independent research are all

Feb 12, 2021, 3:37 PM

Could you enlighten us a bit ??

The 911 conspiracy theorist ranks right of there with

Feb 12, 2021, 3:49 PM

we never landed on the moon or the earth is flat, but some people really do believe it.

I am a structural engineer and understand how buildings fail. I watched a video from some dude that claimed he had a phd in structural engineering explaining how the buildings could not have fallen without explosives. It was really funny, the guy was an idiot, but sounded like he knew what he was talking about. Fire and steel do not mix well at all. When the first two buildings got hit, I was amazed that they stood as long as they did.

Fire causes inelastic deformation in steel. Once there is inelastic deformation there is additional moment forces called p-delta. P-delta forces compound on themselves and on each other. At a certain point it is all she wrote, the structure is collapsing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BS... but you can keep the door open for those govt. jobs.***

Feb 12, 2021, 5:22 PM

By the way, your pathetic analogies only show how dismal your take is on the actual situations...NIST changed the variables in their computer models numerous times in a feeble attempt to explain the initiation of the collapse and STILL has yet to explain anything beyond initiation.

And then there's WT7... There has never been a more classic example of controlled demolition. Go watch it.

The first three steel-framed structures in history to collapse due to fire...all on the same day and none since.

Re: Conspiracy Theory Handbook

Feb 12, 2021, 11:26 AM

Most people will react with: "EWWWWWWW.....THE ThOUGHTS POLICE!!!"

I'm not down with thought police either, but it is helpful for people to be skeptical about every dang thing in general. That doesn't mean you have to be disagreeable. It just means you approach an unfounded claim with a more serious analytical approach.

I can personally recommend a free membership to Farnham Street. I've enjoyed reading their stuff, though it is a bit on the dry side.

The quality of our thinking is proportional to the models in our head and their usefulness in the situation at hand. The more models you have—the bigger your toolbox—the more likely you are to have the right models to see reality. It turns out that when it comes to improving your ability to make decisions variety matters.

https://fs.blog/mental-models/

Feb 12, 2021, 11:50 AM

Follow the EVIDENCE.

Feb 12, 2021, 12:02 PM

Where's the evidence supporting changing the term 'Global Warming' to 'Climate Change' when it's obviously still about (supposed) warming?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2021, 3:36 PM

coot,

The planet is warming - that is causing climates to change.

Here is the short answer from NASA (you know, rocket scientists)

“Global warming” refers to the long-term warming of the planet. Global temperature shows a well-documented rise since the early 20th century and most notably since the late 1970s. Worldwide, since 1880 the average surface temperature has risen about 1 °C (about 2 °F), relative to the mid-20th-century baseline (of 1951-1980). This is on top of about an additional 0.15 °C of warming from between 1750 and 1880.

“Climate change” encompasses global warming, but refers to the broader range of changes that are happening to our planet. These include rising sea levels; shrinking mountain glaciers; accelerating ice melt in Greenland, Antarctica and the Arctic; and shifts in flower/plant blooming times. These are all consequences of the warming, which is caused mainly by people burning fossil fuels and putting out heat-trapping gases into the air. The terms “global warming” and “climate change” are sometimes used interchangeably, but strictly they refer to slightly different things.

Or you could look into it further here:

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=global+warming+climate+change&hl=en&as_sdt=0&as_vis=1&oi=scholart

There is an excellent animated depiction of the evidence here:

https://climate.nasa.gov/faq/12/whats-the-difference-between-climate-change-and-global-warming/

Here's Climate 1012 from National Geographic:

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/environment/global-warming/global-warming-overview/

That's just a start - took 2 minutes to look up. Let me know if you need more - about 97% of the experts in the related fields agree that the globe is warming and it is having (a& will continue to have) dramatic effects on our climate.

Feb 12, 2021, 3:59 PM

Please answer these:

How many times in the past has the globe warmed? Cite the reason for each.
What caused enough warming to melt the glaciers from the ice age?
How do you know this warming cycle is different than others that have been more severe in terms of Delta T?
if there is global warming, what are a few positive outcomes of that?

The problem, really, is many of you can't see beneath what is presented to you. What data are they not presenting or calculating? What other phenomena are they not explaining or what phenomena are not consistent with their current models.

The left invented fake science. The left invented follow the science. The left invented following fake science.

Seriously, since the left has taken over MSM, social media, and universities, why would I ever trust a peer reviewed journal that is reviewed by a bunch of left-wing academics? Answer: I wouldn't.

Feb 12, 2021, 4:32 PM

NC

Before I attempt to answer your specific questions, please allow me to ask you one.

If you won't trust scientists, researchers, educated people, or universities - who do you trust ??

"SEVEN"... Watch it.***

Feb 12, 2021, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Conspiracy Theory Handbook ]

Feb 12, 2021, 7:32 PM
img (2).jpg(123.6 K)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2021, 8:25 PM

the wheat and corn in alaska will be tall

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2021, 8:57 PM

warmer climate in siberia could feed a lot of chinese

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic