Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Congrats to The Bucaneers. I've always been pretty neutral
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,981

Congrats to The Bucaneers. I've always been pretty neutral

Feb 7, 2021, 10:26 PM

about Tom Brady, but his greatness is undeniable, and he deserves all of the praise and accolades. I've always liked Bruce Arians, and I'm really glad to see him win one. I know a lot can change, but I would be surprised if the Cheifs aren't right back in it next year. Despite his age defying greatness, I don't know if Brady can pull this off again. As far as the NFL goes, now looking forward to see how it goes for Trevor, Etienne, and what happens with Deshaun. Now on to the Spring game and Clemson baseball.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Congrats to The Bucaneers. I've always been pretty neutral

Feb 7, 2021, 10:29 PM

About the only reason I watch nfl games,now, is to see my Tigers continue to kick butt

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2021, 4:31 AM

When he won his first two I was amazed, but when the League started to pander to him, and making him the hands off poster boy well I think a lot of people got turned off by it, much the way many ,myself included felt about Tiger Woods.
Look, I'm not saying Tom isn't a gifted quarterback but he has had too many things, IMO, go his way
and last night was just another example.
Last night was the "Perfect Storm" in a season that needed something good to happen.
Now, you can read into this what you want, but if you can rig an election, you can rig a football game.
Oh, and don't bet your farm he can't do it again.

Feb 8, 2021, 6:12 AM

No one person has that many perfect storms as you say and win 7 Super bowls, and played in 10 of them. The guy creates those storms with his calmness under pressure, and his talent that I'm sure he puts a ton of work into to stay sharpe and composed!!! Tom Brady's teammates feed off of his composure, and toughness on the field, in games!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2021, 8:14 AM

No, but it helps when your competition does dumb things like throw into double coverage at the goal line when you had Marshawn Lynch(Seattle), or John Casey(Carolina) kicks the ball out of bounds at the 40,or Atlanta can't pick up a freaking 3 yards or Donovan McNabb and the Eagles don't know how to manage the clock.
No the "perfect storm I was referring to was how everything just happen to come together for Brady and Tampa in a season no one expected.

Feb 8, 2021, 10:03 AM

I couldn't stand TB while he was a Patriot, but funny thing is now I love the guy. I'm happy to hear he's coming back next year.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2021, 10:12 AM

Feel the same way as you. I assumed it was Brady. Turns out for me it was Belichick and the Pats organization.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Didn't hate him, but didn't particularly like him either

Feb 8, 2021, 10:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Congrats to The Bucaneers. I've always been pretty neutral ]

I was a Bucs fan long before he got here, and will be long after he is gone, but I love the guy now, and probably always will. It is kinda like the Coots, who once hated Spurrier, changed their thinking: "He may be an a-hole, but now he's OUR a-hole!"

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,981
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic