Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Concerns going forward
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Concerns going forward

Nov 8, 2020, 10:47 AM

Defensive ends are not getting pressure on the QB. Linebackers and safeties really struggled with open field tackling. Turner has made some big plays but seems to really struggle in the open field. I think Charleston has a bright future. Venables really struggled in the 2 games he started which pains me to say because he plays really hard.
I thought the corners played the ball much better last night. Getting some players back the defense will improve.

The offensive line is pretty good at pass protection but really needs to improve on run blocking. At this point in the season it is what it is. Maybe Elliot can change some of the schemes to help improve the run blocking.
Go Tigers

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Concerns going forward

Nov 8, 2020, 11:15 AM

Good points, in regards to the OL, we are 3/4 through the season, our OL is what it is. Adequate to good pass blocking and below avg to poor on run blocking - remember, we couldnt get a 1yd first down vs BC last week with the game on the line. The Freshman that can play are playing, the others are not ready. They are pretty much like every Clemson line that we have had for some time now.

We will win or lose with Trevor from here on out. This will be his legacy and he knows it. He missed 2 games that will most likely cost him the Heisman but he can still get us back to the CFP for the 6th straight time, thats pretty historic. I look for that to happen but we arent going to magically change who we are up front at this point, we just have to be exceptional in what we can do and hope that's enough.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2020, 11:25 AM

The trench players on this team are soft. It is what it is. The secondary could not win any 50/50 balls and they can only do so much when the star studded dline can’t do anything. Don’t even get me started with the oline. Just a bunch of snowflakes

Nov 8, 2020, 11:26 AM

Our two guards and center have taken a huge step backwards. Bockhorst, Cade, and Putnam are not as good as Simpson, Pollard, and Cervenka. That is a concern when we play really talented front 7’s. Ngata or Ladson have to start making plays for us. That’s really it offensively.

Defensively, we just have to heal up. We probably win convincingly with a fully healthy roster. Not having Tyler Davis, Justin Foster, Skalski, and Mike Jones really hurt us. Losing Zanders and Nolan plagued us as well.

We can’t overreact to this game. ND is a top 10 team and we were depleted on defense, while missing the best player in the country on offense. We still had a chance to beat them on the road.

However, Alabama and Ohio State would have beaten us pretty bad last night. We have to get guys healed up, and quickly. Because we will see ND again in the ACCCG, and we’ll beat them to get a playoff spot. Then we’ll have Bama or OSU in the 1st round. Have to have a healthy team by then.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic