Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Comparing South Carolina fans to...well....just read
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Comparing South Carolina fans to...well....just read

Nov 20, 2017, 2:09 PM

From Facebook

"Someone asked me why South Carolina is so confident about their chances this weekend against Clemson. They asked me if I had a theory on why despite everything pointing to yet another Clemson win. I had to think about it but came up with this.

Imagine that they are a ship. They have been adrift for over a century. Sure, every once in a while they view a port, they see land in the distance, they see other ships docked and enjoying land, and all of a sudden they find out its a mirage. Time after time, it's been cruelly whisked away. Just when they think they've arrived, they realize the journey has gotten longer

After last season, they pinned their hopes on the fact that Clemson lost several able captains. Gone are Watson and Gallman and Williams and Boulware, pirates who often terrorized the adrift vessel with their play. Their hope was that Clemson's ship, much like their own, would be rudderless.

Since then, they have ignored the forecast (the rankings, the game results) that has been continually shown to them. The forecast means nothing, they say. Clemson is adrift, and their ship is there for the taking. The pirates are gone!!! We have a chance to take their ship and finally find land!!!

They have taken that last shred of hope and they've subsisted on those last few scraps for over a year. They are blinded by starvation, yet still cling to the forlorn hope that this week will be different.

They cling to it like like a person to a raft in an angry sea. Their ship is gone, the life raft is all they have. They know, deep down, that the football Gods will finally smile on them and rescue will come in the form of a mediocre quarterback and angry coach. Unfortunately, that raft will begin to take on water later this week. Instead of looking ahead, they are looking back, concentrating on the players who are no longer here. They can't see Bryant and Ferrell and Wilkins and Etienne and Higgins because they are once again staring into a mirage that shows Watson and Gallman. Because they are looking back, they don't see the large iceberg to their front, an iceberg that wrecks their tiny life raft. It takes on water, and when it sinks they will drown in a sea of sorrow. A fitting end."

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Comparing South Carolina fans to...well....just read

Nov 20, 2017, 2:15 PM

Agreed. However you would think that being that close to water they would at least bathe occasionally.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well-played***

Nov 20, 2017, 2:18 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great comparison DHood

Nov 20, 2017, 2:16 PM

I would give you a TU but since the Mods gave you infinite Pulse it wouldn't matter so here's a text TU

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Nov 20, 2017, 2:17 PM

THEY CAN PREPARE TO BE ADRIFT FOR QUITE AWHILE. WE GOT 3 SENIOR STARTERS AND A STUD RECRUITING CLASS COMING IN. GOOD LUCK COOTS.

Do the have scurvy? I bet they do***

Nov 20, 2017, 2:25 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Scurvy??

Nov 20, 2017, 2:47 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQZ8ltQkg18

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is most excellent!***

Nov 20, 2017, 2:38 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2017, 2:41 PM

All aboard the USS Never Again!

When I think of scar fans I think of this

Nov 20, 2017, 2:43 PM

https://youtu.be/HKTqS4bXugg

They just don't know the difference.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Excellent analogy! They've drank too much salt water

Nov 20, 2017, 2:44 PM

and are hallucinating. Just like the shipwrecked sailors adrift on the ocean, they think they see land, they think they can dive down and find fresh water pockets, and they just get more and more delusional.

It's sad really. Actually, no, it isn't at all! ;)

The sea was angry that day, my friends.***

Nov 20, 2017, 2:47 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: The sea was angry that day, my friends.***

Nov 20, 2017, 3:07 PM

I literally scrolled down to post the same thing...lol

Either that or they are just efffffin idiots***

Nov 20, 2017, 2:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most Excellent!***

Nov 20, 2017, 3:41 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2017, 3:47 PM

After 56-7, they've got only one direction to go.

So what you're saying is

Nov 20, 2017, 4:03 PM

they're stupid?

Right?

Bet Mouthcramp dances backwards on that pirate ship..***

Nov 20, 2017, 4:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait... is Boulware really a pirate?***

Nov 20, 2017, 5:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Nov 20, 2017, 5:51 PM

You know, the ##### can sometimes get it up, but they just cannot keep it up!!

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic