Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Simplified Take on Clemson vs Domers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Simplified Take on Clemson vs Domers

Dec 7, 2020, 11:01 PM

Clemson, absent more fluky giveaways than they provided Kelly's Kid-Touchers last game has the following tailwinds vs. last game.

1) A healthy TL versus a banged up DJU.
2) In Championship Season Clemson historically pulls out the stops on the offense and will run TL aggressively
3) A near to full health defense compared to a gutted defense in first game
4) Revenge factor
5) Playing in CLT our home away from home
6) ND Oline is a bit banged up, not sure of their status, but I know against Syracuse they were nicked
7) Do or die factor, Clemson MUST win, ND can still make it in w/a loss

I likes our chances and would be very grateful to Santa if he gives me 5 Ian Book Sacks for Christmas.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My concern is the OL. We just don’t

Dec 7, 2020, 11:07 PM

look like in years past. Hoping I’m wrong.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Comparatively to the first game this is the same OL

Dec 7, 2020, 11:25 PM

These other factors are what I like.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Comparatively to the first game this is the same OL

Dec 8, 2020, 6:26 AM

I am concerned about containing Ian Book on both the pass and the run.Hopefully we will have Skalski back from injury enough to quarterback the defense and have the players in a position to make plays.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2020, 7:00 AM

The one thing you guys kind of missed is Venables gets another shot ND.He does not like losing
at all. He will figure out how to confuse Book and slow down his free lance runs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2020, 8:02 AM

Can’t help you glass half full people. . .

. . . bash the OLine if you like, but they didn’t give up a long TD run on ND’s second off. play of the game; nor did they fumble a TD into the hands of the ND defender (nor run out of bounds when the clock needed to keep running). All uncharacteristic of Travis Etienne or a healthy Tiger D. Sure, the defense struggled against ND (and Book), but tell me that wasn’t due to being shorthanded? Add Trevor to the offensive mix via RPO, and two weeks for Brent to prep our defensive game plan? (btw: we’ve seen the best ND can do)

YUP, morbid and ‘hater, I’m with you on this!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: My concern is the OL. We just don’t

Dec 8, 2020, 8:02 AM [ in reply to My concern is the OL. We just don’t ]

Rock,

I think TE will work around that.

Re: Simplified Take on Clemson vs Domers

Dec 8, 2020, 8:01 AM

morbid,

I agree, except for our D. I am still very concerned for Skalski - he is the key to crushing Book.

Will skalski be ready Saturday?

Dec 8, 2020, 8:03 AM

I haven’t heard anything

Re: Will skalski be ready Saturday?

Dec 8, 2020, 1:09 PM

Lucky for us, he doesn't have to be ready Saturday. I read somewhere he was pulled due to soreness... If that's the case, I would think he'll be ready to go in 2 weeks, but we'll see. I think him being able to play will be a huge difference-maker in that game. If he can't go, it's going to be 3rd string Kane Patterson as Jake is out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A healthy Skalski, Davis and Jones on defense

Dec 8, 2020, 8:40 AM

will be Ian Book's biggest nightmare. It will help us stop the run, which will put more pressure on his passing. Ian Book has made terrible decisions all year and has somehow gotten away with it. That will end in Charlotte.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic