Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Companies cutting ties with NRA
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Companies cutting ties with NRA

Feb 24, 2018, 2:00 PM

These companies are cutting ties with the NRA:

First Bank of Omaha - NRA Credit Card
Hertz
Metlife
Enterprise
Symantec
Chubb Ins.
Best Western
Wyndam Hotels
United Airlines
Delta Airlines
Avis
Budget
Truecar

Do you agree or disagree?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey, it’s a free country....

Feb 24, 2018, 2:02 PM

We’ll see how many customers they loose.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Economic best interest? Time will tell.***

Feb 24, 2018, 4:13 PM

What "ties" would those companies even have with the

Feb 24, 2018, 2:03 PM

NRA in the first place?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They just no longer give discounts to NRA members....

Feb 24, 2018, 2:17 PM

because it gives more people reasons to join the NRA who may not have. I think it's a good thing.

Re: What "ties" would those companies even have with the

Feb 24, 2018, 2:21 PM [ in reply to What "ties" would those companies even have with the ]

Discounts to members. Bank of Omaha puts out the NRA credit card.

Oh no...

Feb 24, 2018, 2:42 PM

My NRA credit card isn't available anymore. That'll surely make the FBI more competent.

It's more complicated than that.*****

Feb 24, 2018, 2:48 PM

Re: Companies cutting ties with NRA

Feb 24, 2018, 3:53 PM

If you do not agree with what Dana Loesch said the other day at CPAC, we more than likely (90+%) cannot be friends.

Her comments and her speaking on behalf of the NRA made me go and get a membership.

I am not much on boycotting, but I have used Enterprise for years, but will now just use Avis instead as their rewards program is just as good and I have also used them for many years. Just a more refined decision now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

future school shooter^^***

Feb 26, 2018, 8:21 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: future school shooter^^***

Feb 26, 2018, 8:29 PM

I realize you're joking, but you're a piece of #### for making a joke like that.

Re: future school shooter^^***

Feb 26, 2018, 9:13 PM

he shows all of the signs, anger management issues, fascination with guns, antisocial behavior..

Good for them.***

Feb 24, 2018, 5:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why?***

Feb 24, 2018, 10:23 PM

Thats the thing about guns, no one will use one to

Feb 24, 2018, 10:19 PM

force me to do business with any of those companies. But those companies will use one to force me to do business without them.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Wait...

Feb 25, 2018, 2:18 AM

Hertz is gonna hold you at gunpoint to rent a car from them?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: Wait...

Feb 25, 2018, 9:02 AM

Is that really what you see in my statement?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

In other news...

Feb 25, 2018, 2:18 AM

So, why do these companies have ties with NRA? Delta? Hertz? Avis? Okay.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Because they wanted NRA members, but now....

Feb 25, 2018, 10:38 AM

they still want the people that are joined to he NRA, but they don't want to help to promote the NRA.

Why do they have ties with AARP? AAA?***

Feb 25, 2018, 2:14 PM [ in reply to In other news... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2018, 10:51 AM

Hey, it's a free country, they can do what makes them happy. On the other hand I will no longer use any of the listed companies. As of tomorrow morning I will be terminating a long standing relationship with Norton.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Message was edited by: Purple Gunstock 15®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What if you needed an airline ticket and Delta was half...

Feb 25, 2018, 11:04 AM

of the price of the next closest carrier? Would you take the great deal or not?

Re: What if you needed an airline ticket and Delta was half...

Feb 25, 2018, 11:20 AM

Don't fly!

You seemed like the laid back world traveler.

Feb 26, 2018, 12:47 PM

That is so odd you don't fly.

Re: What if you needed an airline ticket and Delta was half...

Feb 26, 2018, 8:30 PM [ in reply to What if you needed an airline ticket and Delta was half... ]

I will buy the next highest price.

Looks like Georgia isn't going to let Delta play this shenanigans.

Feb 26, 2018, 9:34 PM [ in reply to What if you needed an airline ticket and Delta was half... ]

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-georgia-delta-nra-20180226-story.html

NRA Membership Increases by 25%.

Feb 25, 2018, 1:22 PM

News headline in April 2018

Nobody's gonna miss those piddly travel discounts***

Feb 25, 2018, 4:06 PM

Then it should be a non issue for NRA members*****

Feb 25, 2018, 4:09 PM

It bothers me because it's another illustraton of

Feb 26, 2018, 12:16 PM

group-think hysteria. And it shows how our 2nd Amendment rights are increasingly under threat. The anti-gun movement is picking up steam and they continue to move the line of scrimmage closer to the endzone.

I don't use any of the discounts. I always forget.

I think it's the polar opposite of groupthink hysteria.

Feb 26, 2018, 12:46 PM

It's something that has been brewing for years. They happened to act on it finally. There is no hysteria whatsoever. It was a more of a enough is enough situation.

It is hysteria. The proposed "solution" according to most

Feb 26, 2018, 7:45 PM

people doesn't make any sense. Most of the arguments in the debate are hysterical. Emotion is being capitalized on, and thinking critically is being attacked. The only two options according to the hysterical movement is either 1. politically induced knee-jerk reaction, or 2. you are an pro-murder gun nut.

No real debate. It's all just an accumulation of emotional drumbeating. It is involving demonizing the NRA, which is made up of regular people who want to protect the 2nd Amendment. It's a false narrative that the NRA stands up for the gun manufacturers lobby. I've had several regular people reach out to me about joining the NRA recently.

Feb 26, 2018, 12:43 PM

So let me start by saying that I own lots of firearms. I enjoy teaching my son about hunting, gun safety, etc. That being said, the NRA in my mind has gotten into bed with the gun manufacturers and the lobbyists. When we aren't open to having a discussion about common sense gun laws, then there is a problem.

1) People with reported mental issues should not be allowed to buy a firearm
2) How the heck have we not outlawed bump stocks yet? A buddy of mine rushed out and got one right after the massacre in Vegas because "The liberals will try and ban them".
3) Armour piercing bullets are legal? Thinking about our police officers, how is this even possible?

When we start putting things like this to rest, then I'll consider the NRA again. In the meantime, I support the boycott.

Really though, people never remember all of this. The NRA just won't get the company money anymore. For every one person on this board that says "I'll never spend another dollar with them", there are thousands of others that have already forgotten the news story.

Feb 26, 2018, 8:42 PM

Let me start by saying, there is no way in hell you own "lots of guns" because if you did then you would realize the ignorance of the rest of your post. Also, the NRA is SUPPOSED to stick up for the gun manufacturers as they also do for the gun owners. Thats the point.

1. People who have mental issues currently cannot legally buy a firearm
2. Do you know how bump stocks work? Do you not realize ANY semi automatic firearm can be bump fired? Here is a semi automatic, legally owned AKM being bumpfired: https://youtu.be/7RdAhTxyP64?t=40
3. All rifle calibers from .243 and up are armor piercing. All of them. What do you define as "armor piercing"? Do you mean the green tip 5.56 ammo for the AR-15? The green tip M855 5.56 caliber surplus ammo? That is simply cheap ball ammo with a copper jacket, filled with lead and featuring a steel core. The steel core is there to keep the ammo price cheap. It isnt "armor piercing". It is incredibly low quality ammo that is unsuitable for hunting or killing anything. The only reason the military uses it is because its cheap as hell. While there are bullets that have been designed for enhanced piercing capabilities, those rounds are very very rare and very very expensive. They have virtually no purpose for a civilian application, they are too expensive for target ammo and they dont expand on impact so they are useless at actually killing things and are therefore useless for hunting. Armor piercing ammo has almost no market value, so no one buys it.

You support the boycott not because you care, but because you don't care enough to look up the facts for yourself. You're letting people demonize the NRA when they have done nothing.

I will continue to happily donate to the NRA.

Feb 26, 2018, 1:23 PM

I'm not real big on these type of boycotts. They usually end up hurting folks that have nothing to do with the issue.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic