Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coming to You Soon . . . . . .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Coming to You Soon . . . . . .

Jan 12, 2021, 5:49 PM

a new nd improved Tiger football team. We bemoan the fact, and rightfully so, that we are losing Lawrence, ETN, Rogers, Carman, Powell and a host of Tigers who have brought us much joy over the past few years. But the cupboard is not bare. Dabo and staff have recruited well and we are once again reloading rather than rebuilding.

A look at the current roster reveals tons of raw talent ready to take the place of those who are departing. There are newcomers waiting in the wings for the opportunity to show us their talents. We will be getting back several players who spent the entire season in the sick bay. Furthermore, we can expect further development this spring and fall of our younger players. Our 2021 recruiting class has a tremendous amount of talent. Eleven of these new men are already enrolled and will go through spring and fall practices and we can expect several of them to be major factors during the 2021 season. Recent recruiting classes have had players who became major contributors as true freshmen.

DJ has already proven he is the man to beat as our next great QB. His talent was on display in the two games he started when Lawrence was not available. He does not possess the running game that we saw in Lawrence but he has the size to get one or two yards when we need a first down. We will have to wait and see who wins the starting job as our featured RB. Our stable of RBs contains several potential candidates and Shipley, a five star APB in the 2021 recruiting group, appears to have the potential to provide the instant help we need in our running game.

The defensive line appears to have quality depth and any improvement during the off season will be welcomed. The need for big and talented young bruisers on the offensive line is a position of need and it appears talent is on the way. DJ is not as mobile as Lawrence and will require our offensive line to provide that additional one or two more seconds that can be so critical in our passing game.

Our defensive backs did not perform well in a couple of games but most of them are young and will gain some valuable coaching during the spring and fall practices. We need improvement in this area and I believe we will see that improvement next fall.

I believe we will see a slight change in some of our offensive and defensive schemes to take advantage of our overall strengths and minimize our perceived weaknesses. Each year we tend to see a player have a "breakout" year and I believe we will have several that will be a pleasant surprise this fall. Quite often for some players, it requires a little time for the light to come on.

I'm looking forward to next fall when the Tigers begin their goal to win the national championship by defeating those hairy Georgia Mutts.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coming to You Soon . . . . . .

Jan 12, 2021, 6:00 PM

Well said Mr Joe. Clemson isn’t just a good football team but a good football program. The coaching staff is among the nations best and we are all certain that the right changes are made and improvements will exists. I hope that we are able to have a full spring without interference from the dreaded virus. I especially want to see these new kids in action. After a season that didn’t end the way that we wanted, the spring game will be an amazing event. Let’s hope it’s like old times! I love those spring games with 50,000 fans on campus! This year, there may be 60,000. Go Tigers

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2021, 6:02 PM

As usual Joe, you come through again!

Glad you were able to resolve your wardrobe malfunction and turn to this more important issue! ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Jan 12, 2021, 7:08 PM

Thanks Joe !

But I have to be honest - I thought you were going to say your book was published!

I was hoping ...

Jan 12, 2021, 7:08 PM

Hoping Xi Jinping will allow football.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic