Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Come on Man: DJ Reader
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 67
| visibility 1

Come on Man: DJ Reader

Jul 29, 2017, 5:28 PM

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/do-dinosaurs-exist-these-texans-teammates-cant-agree-on-the-answer/ar-AAp1AcE

Pretty embarrassing commentary from a Clemson alumnus.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Come on Man: DJ Reader

Jul 29, 2017, 5:42 PM

I think It is more of a religious idea than science in Reader's case. I know a lot of people who have the same belief as Reader. They believe that in the big picture, they'd rather spend more time researching and seeking God than researching and seeking dinosaurs. I don't follow the same belief but I can see why he might.

Jul 30, 2017, 5:29 AM

If they want to research dinosaurs they can go to most museums in the world . They're full of facts about them .

HTH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 29, 2017, 5:45 PM

This is America. Last I checked, you can have your own beliefs.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2017, 5:48 PM

> This is America. Last I checked, you can have your
> own beliefs.

Stupid beliefs are allowed.

Jul 29, 2017, 5:50 PM

There's a difference between believing in the methods and accuracy of carbon dating vs the belief in thinking people went around burying fake fossils all over the world in some crazy conspiracy.

Jul 29, 2017, 7:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Come on Man: DJ Reader ]

This is America. You should also be able to call out people on their stupid beliefs.

I'm sure Reader cares what you think.***

Jul 29, 2017, 7:58 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm sure Reader cares what you think.***

Jul 29, 2017, 8:04 PM

Reading comprehension

Jul 30, 2017, 1:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Come on Man: DJ Reader ]

Yes but you are not entitled to your own facts.

You can believe, for example, either that trickle-down works or that Keynes has the right take on economics- it is an inexact science. You can believe the Beatles are the greatest band ever or not- it's the sort of thing opinions are made for.

You cannot however believe the moon is made of green cheese and expect no ridicule.

uhhh...I get your point but bad example. Keynes even

Jul 30, 2017, 10:16 AM

Agreed that his ridiculous Exonomic theories were wrong and he admitted it years later before croaked. It's the Leftists who want to continue trying to rework a flawed idea every different way possible until it meets their narrative...which it won't.

Good try though.

Denial of fact isn't a matter of belief.***

Jul 30, 2017, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Come on Man: DJ Reader ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

there could be something to this,

Jul 29, 2017, 5:47 PM

most of the photographs of Dinosaurs I have seen look Photo-shopped.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: there could be something to this,

Jul 29, 2017, 5:51 PM

It's a conspiracy... Trump and those Damm Russians again!

And all those bones and teeth fossils

Jul 29, 2017, 6:07 PM [ in reply to there could be something to this, ]

Were left over from filming the Flintstones.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And all those bones and teeth fossils

Jul 30, 2017, 5:30 AM

Now that's funny

Re: And all those bones and teeth fossils

Jul 30, 2017, 11:48 AM [ in reply to And all those bones and teeth fossils ]

some people think the Flintstones was a documentary.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: there could be something to this,

Jul 30, 2017, 5:27 AM [ in reply to there could be something to this, ]

Just don't.
You're going to incite a debate ...and that's frowned upon up in here .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

The last time the Gamecock football team won a championship

Jul 29, 2017, 5:54 PM

dinosaurs roamed the earth.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The last time the Gamecock football team won a championship

Jul 29, 2017, 5:59 PM

Lol, even in the crusteacious period it couldn't have happened, if it did they would still be crowing about that championship until this day. You would have to look into another dimension if you were to find a possibility of a Coot championship:

So I guess DJ is right?

Jul 30, 2017, 12:03 AM [ in reply to The last time the Gamecock football team won a championship ]

Cuz the coots have never won a football title. So dinosaurs never existed!!!! Fascinating.

~JKB

Re: So I guess DJ is right?

Jul 30, 2017, 5:31 AM

..but chickens evolved from dinosaur ancestors , or so the story goes .

DB23

Sounds similar to the story about humans evolving from

Jul 30, 2017, 5:39 PM

apes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WAIT! They won the ACC Football championship

Jul 30, 2017, 8:30 AM [ in reply to The last time the Gamecock football team won a championship ]

in 1969. I was 3 years old. So, are you calling me a dinosaur, or a Neanderthal?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Jul 29, 2017, 6:09 PM

You mean to tell me that bone my dog dug up in the yard might be a deer bone or something else? Crap. I guess I'll take it off the mantle and let her chew on it again. There goes that awesome conversation piece.

Of course they didn't exist,

Jul 29, 2017, 6:10 PM

they wouldn't have been smart enough to keep from falling off the edge of the earth.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Jul 29, 2017, 6:42 PM

I thought it was pretty stinky of Watt to broadcast something he had to know would bring DJ a lot of heat. What the heck does it matter if he believes dinosaurs are real or not?

True

Jul 30, 2017, 10:00 AM

While I have issues with a religious system which requires one to refute fact in order to preserve falacy, I have bigger issues with the lack of character that would allow another to cause a brother harm. JJ Watt is a disappointment. I wouldn't want him as my brother.

The definition of awesome!

Can't a man say something in the spur of the moment

Jul 29, 2017, 7:29 PM

without it getting broadcast. besides, a lot of stuff has been proven fake or rigged. I couldn't blame a man for drawing such a conclusion. I saw on youtube that they are still roaming the earth. Does he not believe youtube?

Re: Can't a man say something in the spur of the moment

Jul 30, 2017, 5:34 AM

I'm confused , are you implying that there is even the most remote chance that somehow the fossil record has been faked ?

DB23

Jul 29, 2017, 7:41 PM

Dj is a Christian that believes in young earth. So what? Yall wanna drag him through the streets and beat him bc he has his own opinion about frickin dinosaurs??? And to the op, Dj is an alumni and a football student athlete that you cheered for. Show some class.

Jul 29, 2017, 7:58 PM

It doesn't matter what you believe, 2+2=4.

Jul 30, 2017, 6:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Come on Man: DJ Reader ]

Anyone who believes in "young earth" creationism deserves to be mocked.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DJ can shrug off 315 LB guards, slip thru a seam and flatten an NFL QB

Jul 29, 2017, 8:10 PM

What can you do? I'll side with DJ because I are useless to me. I'm gonna spread it to everyone now that dinosaurs are fake! Dinosaurs are fake! You lose.

On a real note..... who really cares.

Re: DJ can shrug off 315 LB guards, slip thru a seam and flatten an NFL QB

Jul 30, 2017, 5:50 AM

Neil deGrasse Tyson , for one .
It's not a problem of who it affects ...the problem is that the very validity of our educational system in this country comes into question when we have college level human beings who think that proven and known scientific facts can be " questioned " or disbelieved.
Dinosaurs are real and the fossil record has shown this .
Not fake , not a generally held belief . Not a theory .
Fact .
DJ can believe whatever he likes ...he's completely wrong on this one however .

DB23

Jul 29, 2017, 9:14 PM

My 4-year old grandson and 7-year old granddaughter can name EVERY dinosaur, so they had to exist.

I actually think he's smarter than you think

Jul 29, 2017, 9:40 PM

Many fossils they do find are a few bones here and there some of which are miles from each other. How they come up with all these dinosaurs and how they look off those bones are perplexing to say the least. But I'm a creationist so I also don't believe that Dinosaurs lived millions of years ago. I also don't believe there are as many dinosaurs as these scientists believe and I believe the vast majority were about the size of chickens. Large reptiles basically.

Maybe you should study a little more both sides before bashing his intelligence

Re: I actually think he's smarter than you think

Jul 30, 2017, 1:37 AM

Sorry TBennett, I've studied the hell out of this and evolution and there are not two valid sides. There is no argument- there are just facts and minority of people who choose not to believe them.

I think you will have to reconcile

Jul 30, 2017, 11:44 AM

History and Science

Science tells us they find a bone or bones and come up with what they believed it looked like and then name it. Most of what they come up with is hypothesis.

History tells us that we have written documentation that some men wrote down what they actually saw. Even the Bible points to some "dinosaurs" and that book was not written millions of years ago.

So I'll take an eye witness account written thousands of years ago over a hypothesis that scientists believe happened millions of years ago.

Jul 30, 2017, 2:15 AM [ in reply to I actually think he's smarter than you think ]

> Many fossils they do find are a few bones here and
> there some of which are miles from each other. How
> they come up with all these dinosaurs and how they
> look off those bones are perplexing to say the least.
> But I'm a creationist so I also don't believe that
> Dinosaurs lived millions of years ago. I also don't
> believe there are as many dinosaurs as these
> scientists believe and I believe the vast majority
> were about the size of chickens. Large reptiles
> basically.
>
> Maybe you should study a little more both sides
> before bashing his intelligence

LMAO

Jul 30, 2017, 5:45 AM [ in reply to I actually think he's smarter than you think ]

One side has a preponderance of evidence that can be gathered and studied in a laboratory , or in the field . One side has been catalogued and verified through thousands and thousands of hours of scientific research . One side is without any shred of doubt an actual thing that we know is true by it's very real, very certain existence .

DB23

LOL

Jul 30, 2017, 7:05 AM [ in reply to I actually think he's smarter than you think ]

wait...are you serious Clark?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he is. His Sunday school teacher probably

Jul 30, 2017, 9:22 AM

told him dinosaurs died out because of Noah's flood.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually no

Jul 30, 2017, 11:55 AM

In my small youth Sunday school we didn't talk about this stuff. The answer was always Jesus!

I studied this myself bc I never could believe in the Big Bang and still don't.

Y'all keep believing what your science teacher tells you, but I took what they said and questioned it. I did my research and from what I've gathered i just don't see it. But it's cool if as whet you say "I listened to my Sunday school teacher." Then who did you listen to in order to believe what you believe?" Everyone is taught by someone it's whether you believe it and just leave it at that or you question and seek out another answer. That's what I did,

Do you know I have friends that believe there were two gunmen that shot JFK bc their college history professor taught that? You can't believe everything you are taught. If you do then you are a gullible individual.

Jesus Christ.

Jul 30, 2017, 9:21 AM [ in reply to I actually think he's smarter than you think ]

"Didn't live millions of years ago." "Dinosaurs are reptiles." What reptile walks upright on his hind legs?"

Re: Jesus Christ.***

Jul 30, 2017, 10:16 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So that one example means it's true for the entirety?

Jul 30, 2017, 11:42 AM

I guess horses can fly!

I have a megaladon tooth that's bigger than a chicken breast

Jul 30, 2017, 11:49 AM [ in reply to I actually think he's smarter than you think ]

What the heck do you think that came from?

Science Museum gift store?***

Jul 30, 2017, 12:00 PM

I have one too!

Jul 30, 2017, 5:19 PM

Came from my dad who was a science teacher.

Jul 29, 2017, 9:41 PM

WHos embarrassed besides u?

Jul 29, 2017, 9:49 PM

http://historysevidenceofdinosaursandmen.weebly.com/written.html

Long story short ..

Jul 30, 2017, 1:55 AM

Reader is a good foorball player, but he is also a moron.

Re: Long story short ..

Jul 30, 2017, 8:22 AM

Look in the mirror if you want to see a moron. I guess it's easy to name call on a computer, huh. LOL

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've watched this thread go long enough.

Jul 30, 2017, 7:00 AM

Why is this even a published story? Who cares or better yet why should they care? To believe or not believe in dinosaurs does not make or break a person in life. It doesn't make them a good or bad person. The man is a millionaire and as far as I know a good citizen. Why should his opinion on something as stupid as dinosaurs be laid out to the public like this?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've watched this thread go long enough.

Jul 30, 2017, 7:21 AM

I agree , JJ Watt should not have shared a personal belief held by his teammate on social media .
That was wrong .

DB23

Jul 30, 2017, 7:25 AM [ in reply to I've watched this thread go long enough. ]

Same reason Kyrie Irving believing the earth is flat was a story, I guess. It's an absurd and highly ignorant opinion to hold.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2017, 8:46 AM

While I don't agree with either of those opinions neither of those opinions will have any bearing on how they treat other people. The people who take those opinions and throw them into the public forum are doing it for the sake of ridicule. They are purposely trying to belittle a man who is hurting no one. They are the real culprits here.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2017, 7:26 AM

Two points:

1 - JJ Watts was being a jerk by trying to publicly embarrass DJ by putting this out on social media. I normally like JJ Watts but it is a total d!ck move to publicly make fun of a teammate that has a belief different than his own - even if Watts thinks DJ's belief is stupid.

2 - If DJ believes in a strict interpretation of biblical creation then he has lot of company among other Christians. He is entitled to his religious beliefs and was not publicly trying to proselytize others to accept his version of creationism before this whole thing started. Leave the man alone...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is just so odd though that he doesn't...

Jul 30, 2017, 7:32 AM

believe in basic science. He deserves a hard time or to be teased.

Re: It is just so odd though that he doesn't...

Jul 30, 2017, 7:57 AM

> believe in basic science. He deserves a hard time
> or to be teased.

Ok... then why not make fun of all the Scientologists who believe Xenu, the dictator of a "Galactic Confederacy", brought billions of people to Earth 75 million years ago in DC-8-like spacecraft, stacked them around volcanoes, and killed them with hydrogen bombs. Plenty of Hollywood types follow this Scientology religion believing that the thetans (immortal spirits) of these aliens adhere to humans, causing spiritual harm. There is no basic science to support any of this yet you don't see the hundreds of Hollywood Scientology celebrities being ridiculed on social media as being "stupid".

Bottom line is that no one deserves a hard time or to be publicly teased when they are minding their own business.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People make fun of that #### all the time.***

Jul 30, 2017, 9:25 AM

Do you know about this show "South Park"?

Jul 30, 2017, 11:37 AM [ in reply to Re: It is just so odd though that he doesn't... ]

Lots of people make fun of Scientologists.

Jul 30, 2017, 8:11 AM [ in reply to It is just so odd though that he doesn't... ]

As a Christian who understands, believes and trusts science, I think DJ deserves respect and deserves to be kindly shown how the Biblical record and science harmonize. A paradigm shift in beliefs doesn't take place overnight, and I don't think people can be ridiculed into true belief. Now that sounds a bit pious, and I do tend to ridicule sometimes, but I shouldn't. I will say, however, that when folks proselytize this stuff, I get pissed and tend to show less respect and kindness! But DJ was just minding his own business....

Jul 30, 2017, 9:44 AM

https://youtu.be/-qJ7qjh-HRE

Scientology is a contemporary fool's errand down the fool's cul-de-sac .

DB23

I'm standing with DJ on this one...

Jul 30, 2017, 10:31 AM

I believe God created what we know of the universe in 6 days.
I believe He created the first man in His own image.
I believe that the first man was created as a full-grown, mature human. Likewise, I believe the first trees that God created had many rings as if they had physically existed for many years. In the same way, I believe that if the first man had gone exploring he would have been able to dig up bones and fossils of creatures that existed only in the mind of God and His plan for the world, but never actually physically existed in earth.
I'm not a denyer of science. I believe science and scripture work together to reveal God's plan for us.
It's faith... you either believe it and stand on it or you don't.
I have no problem with JJ dogging him about it - it just makes you stand firm on what you believe or fold under the pressure of acceptance by your friends.

The problem is "I believe ...", we are discussing facts.

Jul 30, 2017, 11:39 AM

nm

Virtually every other thing on the entire planet has a

Jul 30, 2017, 11:54 AM [ in reply to I'm standing with DJ on this one... ]

purpose. It's quite stunning how complex and sophisticated everything is from lifeforms to the ecosystems that they live in. And yet you think fossils were just put there for decoration?

Rather than taking everything in the Bible so literally, i find it much easier to believe that God set all of this in motion. God designed evolution, etc. These things don't have to be mutually exclusive.

Replies: 67
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic