Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cole Stoudt
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Cole Stoudt

Aug 14, 2014, 9:53 AM

Cole Stoudt Analysis-
6'4-231 lbs
Nfl bloodlines
Quick release
Great decision making
Accuracy

I feel like this is going to be a great year for Stoudt. Here's a few footnotes i found interesting.

Cole has the passing yards and passing Touchdowns record for his high school, beating out what i consider to be a pretty QB in Former Notre Dame star Brady Quinn. This, along with his nfl bloodlines, really catches my eye. That being said...have you seen his high school tape? If not, here are my takes:

-Cole's high school ran similar offense to clemson. Spread formation, with plenty qb option plays. Cole has the speed to run this offense, and the mobility is there.
-Cole was incredibly accurate, even back then. Deep ball is incredibly accurate. Shows great velocity on all throws. Puts ball where receiver can make the best play. Great accuracy on short swing passes, screens, intermediate crossing routes. (I find this huge, as the placement of the ball is still so important even on screen and swing passes...so many times Boyd misplaced these passes, under throwing them, over throwing them) many times it looks as if Coles receivers catch the ball in stride without sacrificing momentum. How many times did you see Sammy have to turn around to make catches, even on the simplest of routes like slants.

-he set efficiency records at clemson. He says himself he takes pride setting the record. When asked about his arm strength, he said his arm is stronger, but that you only need to really throw a ball 100% when it's needed, like fitting the ball in small windows. The best balls come from throwing about 80%, or so Cole says. Or so says his Dad, who is in the top 1% of athletes in the world(played, and started in NFL)

...on a side note...
Anyone notice Coles hair? Looking a awful lot like another clemson qb i know. One who no one knew about in preseason, but played great and ended up making it to the league.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice job on your first post dood***

Aug 14, 2014, 9:58 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Nice job on your first post dood***

Aug 14, 2014, 9:59 AM

Great first post.....horrible screename

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nice job on your first post dood***

Aug 14, 2014, 10:10 AM

Awful. Very cootish. I didn't read the post because of it. Maybe I should try again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nm***

Aug 14, 2014, 4:52 PM [ in reply to Nice job on your first post dood*** ]

Preciate it bud!

p.s.- it was Charlie Whitehurst! Charlie flippin Whitehurst!

Re: nm***

Aug 14, 2014, 5:53 PM
charlie.jpg(119.1 K)

I can't believe you said Cullen Harper...lol

-Idk i just see comparisons. Whitehurst is a tall, yet mobile passer with good bloodlines. His father, David, was a quarterback for the Green Bay Packers.

He took over for Willie Simmons his RS Freshman year, and started 9 games. Before that, none of us had a clue who he was. Well, at least i didn't...taken i was like like 13, my initial thought was "whose this tall linky white guy coming in the game"... and heaven behold, look at Charlie's career.

Re: nm***

Aug 15, 2014, 2:48 AM

He was being sarcastic when he said Cullen Harper.

Rookie

8/10 for the post

Aug 14, 2014, 10:15 AM

-100/10 for your screen-name....seriously, I don't think you could've done a worse job on that even if you tried.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Well, in fairness, "Cole's Mom" would have been too obvious.***

Aug 14, 2014, 10:15 AM

Cullen Harper?***

Aug 14, 2014, 10:29 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he's referring to chuck, even though he didn't have

Aug 14, 2014, 10:51 AM

long, shaggy hair during his Clemson days.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

nor was he a first year starter as a senior***

Aug 14, 2014, 10:54 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: nor was he a first year starter as a senior***

Aug 14, 2014, 11:44 AM

OK.... so go look at his JR highlight real. Love the way he stands tall in the pocket and you can see how he reads the ENTIRE FIELD!!!!! If a guy is open he finds em and puts the ball right on the money!

We are in good hands.

Re: Cole Stoudt

Aug 14, 2014, 12:36 PM

Its a good post to read but this could be the first attempt to disguise your trolling, I'm not falling for it.

Or this is Coles uncle.

Aug 14, 2014, 4:57 PM

Very nice.... Couldn't have said it any better myself!

Aug 15, 2014, 7:37 AM

Very good info. The only thing I disagree with is your opinion of Boyd's passing vs. Stoudt. You say Boyd overthrew, etc. and Stoudt places the ball perfectly.......but Stoudt never beat out Boyd for starter. Why didn't Stoudt ever win the starting job? Some on the board make it sound like Stoudt should have been starting all along and that really doesn't make sense.......do these posters know more than the coaches?

I think Stoudt could be just as good as Boyd, if for no other reason than he's been in the system for so long and is another year older than Boyd was last year, but to disparage Boyd so it can sound like Stoudt will be better is not fair to Boyd. If Stoudt was better then he should've been the starter at some point before now.

Aug 15, 2014, 7:59 AM

I may be crazy...but to me it doesn't seem like his velocity is near a Boyd or Parker

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic