Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coach V to KC Chiefs possibility?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Coach V to KC Chiefs possibility?

Jan 22, 2019, 4:43 PM

Good friend of mine that lives in Missouri and a diehard Chiefs fan just texted me that they fired their D Coordinator. He told me that coach BV name is being thrown around alot as a potential target. Could you see this happening? Its an interesting discussion at the minimum.

Btw I told him about his boys being scholarship football athletes at CU, hes a big family man and he makes a great living at 2mill plus year so I didnt see it happening now but you never know. BV is from Kansas and got to be hard to turn down the NFL.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He smoking that medical or what?***

Jan 22, 2019, 4:44 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He smoking that medical or what?***

Jan 22, 2019, 4:54 PM

Haha no doubt that he his but their local media is where hes getting his info.

It kind of makes sense to me with the NFL quickly moving to college style offenses... and who has proven that he could these high powered offenses stopped at an elite level in college?

Rex ryan and Steve Spagnuolo are the others being mentioned. I think I would considered risking it with an unknown at nfl level.

There is a lack of job security in the NFL

Jan 23, 2019, 8:27 PM

I don't see it happening.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Coach V to KC Chiefs possibility?

Jan 22, 2019, 4:53 PM

Its actually very easy to turn down the NFL, College coaches do it every year. Lincoln Riley did it this year. BV loves his job, that's all there is to know. There's no need to do the same speculation every single year until you hear it out of the horses mouth saying he's gone.

Jan 22, 2019, 4:56 PM

I didnt say he was gone at any point. Its outside of the usual college headcoaches job and I found it an interesting duscussion.

Jan 22, 2019, 4:57 PM

I wonder what a top DC in the NFL makes?

Jan 22, 2019, 5:03 PM

I dont think its anywhere close to 2million on average...maybe half that for most.

Jan 22, 2019, 6:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Coach V to KC Chiefs possibility? ]

and what kind of contract they have for a payoff if they are fired...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2019, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Coach V to KC Chiefs possibility? ]

I've watched it several times and believe it's when Bama had first and goal on our one and on forth down Tua was thrown for a loss. There is a shot of Venables jumping like a jack rabbit and as excited as a kid on his first ride on a Merry-Go-Round. I just can't envision Venables on an NFL sideline doing something like that. He's in his own preferred environment now and I just don't see him leaving. I believe he would accept a life time contract at Clemson, if offered.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2019, 4:54 PM

Why would he want to do that?

Jan 22, 2019, 5:03 PM

Don't see it as a interesting discussion. Not going to happen.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Jan 22, 2019, 5:04 PM

What does it mean that he’s from Kansas ? Kansas City is in Missouri.

Jan 22, 2019, 5:36 PM

True.. just meant more in general closer to home than SC.

Jan 23, 2019, 7:31 PM

Clemson is home now. Just ask Jake & Tyler.

Jan 22, 2019, 8:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Coach V to KC Chiefs possibility? ]

It might interest you to know that Kansas City, Missouri is right next to the state line with Kansas. These rumors are ridiculous, however.

I think KC is in both Kansas and Missouri!***

Jan 23, 2019, 8:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Coach V to KC Chiefs possibility? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2019, 5:06 PM

We refer to that as the Alabama pipe dream (cause a pipe is definitely involved). BV isnt leaving and Swinney isn't going to his alma mater. Alabama and rest of haters will have to deal with those 2 for awhile. I love how BV seemed to get no credit for last several years and now....hes the best out there, what one victory can mean

Jan 23, 2019, 11:29 PM

No credit? Put the pipe down dude. Check the defensive rankings going back to 2014.

Jan 22, 2019, 5:10 PM

With very few exceptions, not much longevity or long time stability in NFL coaching. Not what BV would be happy with.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2019, 5:12 PM

IMO nfl would be the last place he’d go. As much turnover as it is, ridiculous. If he was going anywhere, it’d been k state.

NFL is a joke. He enjoys recruiting and developing young kids into men... not sitting at a desk taking orders. Would be completely be shocked if he or Dabo ever coached pro.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2019, 5:38 PM

Why would you leave a job with stability, money and your family involved to go to a place and a league who don’t give a crap about you? BV could basically go to Clemson’s front office and demand almost Any number he wants on his paycheck, but he’s not like that.

Jan 22, 2019, 5:52 PM

Not gonna happen while his son is at Clemson. 0% chance.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bless your heart !!!***

Jan 22, 2019, 6:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jan 22, 2019, 6:23 PM

When BV leaves, it will be as head coach at a major program.

Jan 22, 2019, 7:44 PM

For Dabo and BV both, they can hand pick every player. in the nfl, someone else is picking the players.

Never in a MILLION seasons.***

Jan 22, 2019, 8:05 PM

Jan 22, 2019, 8:17 PM

He isn’t going anywhere. Names come up all the time but that doesn’t mean a hill of beans. BV is completely happy and at home at Clemson.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2019, 7:37 PM

Oh hey...come coach in the NFL where a coordinators shelf life is 1 year minimum.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Jan 23, 2019, 8:26 PM

From everything that I have read , even the people that live in Kansas don't want to live in Kansas .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

It's not even worthy of discussing.

Jan 23, 2019, 11:44 PM

Not gonna happen. No way. No how. No amount of "NFL" status or money is pulling Brent to Kansas City. Tell your friend to stop texting you that nonsense, and tell him that he and his buddies around the water cooler shouldn't waste another second of their lives imagining anything so nonsensical. K.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic