Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Johnson: We've played better QBs than Barrett
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

FB Update: Johnson: We've played better QBs than Barrett

Dec 27, 2016, 4:52 PM

Johnson: We've played better QBs than Barrett

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree***

Dec 27, 2016, 4:56 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He needs to keep this out of the media, bottom line***

Dec 27, 2016, 6:30 PM

Re: He needs to keep this out of the media, bottom line***

Dec 27, 2016, 9:51 PM

Agreed! Okay to believe what he said, but you just do not say things like that for public consumption. I hope he learns to treat those comments with a little more consideration in the future. Do I agree? Maybe, but now that the guy has been called out, he will be on a special mission to make sure we know how good he is. No upside to what Jadar did here. Hope Dabo gets the word out better in the future.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He needs to keep this out of the media, bottom line***

Dec 27, 2016, 9:51 PM [ in reply to He needs to keep this out of the media, bottom line*** ]

This!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He might be baiting him. Making a bad QB throw***

Dec 28, 2016, 12:30 AM [ in reply to He needs to keep this out of the media, bottom line*** ]

I was thinking this too...

Dec 28, 2016, 7:01 AM

He wants him to try and "prove" himself in the air, so JJ can add to his int totals!

This doesn't bother me only because he called out J.T.'s specific weakness. Might make J.T. want to prove that he isn't weak in that area...

Please tell me this is 3-dimensional chess talk to get him

Dec 27, 2016, 4:59 PM

to force passes just to show us. This is stupidly undisciplined bulletin board material, regardless if it's true or not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Please tell me this is 3-dimensional chess talk to get him

Dec 27, 2016, 5:07 PM

Smh, I mean he's right but why light a fire.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While I completely understand both of your valid arguments,

Dec 27, 2016, 5:46 PM

we did play and beat the "Heisman" winning QB earlier this year. Obviously you never want to put "bulletin board material" out there, so I agree with you two. However, looking at it from his point of view, he may have thought it was clear to everyone that LJ is the most dangerous of the QB's we've faced this year. He wouldn't be wrong IMHO (as well as the Heisman voters).

+1

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

C'mon Jadar let's not be like Oklahoma from last year

Dec 27, 2016, 6:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Please tell me this is 3-dimensional chess talk to get him ]

You better be prepared to back it up

Re: C'mon Jadar let's not be like Oklahoma from last year

Dec 27, 2016, 9:11 PM

I completely agree when the same sort of comments were made about DW4 last year we all blew up. He should let his play speak.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Johnson: We've played better QBs than Barrett

Dec 27, 2016, 5:51 PM

I agree and numbers back it up. But why even say it? Why give any extra motivation?

Dec 27, 2016, 6:12 PM

Frankly, I don't see anything wrong with Jadar's assessment...and I even think JT Barrett would agree. He said everything respectfully and simply gave his point of view. He never, ever disrespected JT, gave him his props as a runner and quarterback. I can assure everyone that JT Barrett will not become a better passer overnight because of these comments or that OSU will scorch us through the air for 500 yards. JT Barrrett is a perfect fit for how OSU runs their offense. Limit the run and force him to throw will definitely help Clemson's chances.

I often think that we take someone's honest assessment and try to make it more than it is...for which the media is the worst. JT was not slighted one bit. Numbers and statistics don't lie. I wold also bet that JT would say Jadar is not the best Safety he's played against this year...for which Jadar should probably agree. I am of the belief that Bulletin Board material stems truly from disrespect, not honesty...and you just can't find any disrespect in these comments.

Go Tigers! Beat Ohio State!

Out of character for our team to provide bulletin board material.

Dec 27, 2016, 6:30 PM

While true, that's just something you don't say.

Similar to if they said our OL is ok but not great and they've seen better OLs this year. Why would you poke the bear?

It probably means nothing after kickoff honestly, but just not the smartest comment.

I am not

Dec 27, 2016, 7:03 PM

Overly concerned with "bulletin board" crap and neither are the Tigers! A few comments from players will not lose this game for my team. Turnovers might but comments from the players will not.
Go Tigers

Shut it down Dabo. Open up the MSN homepage and its

Dec 27, 2016, 7:06 PM

the first thing I see. He gave the Big10 loving media just what they want. Good Grief!

You guys are a bunch of scared *******

Dec 27, 2016, 9:13 PM

Really, you are scared someone is going to play better because Jadar said something honest?

The world we live in today that everyone is a snowflake.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You guys are a bunch of scared *******

Dec 27, 2016, 11:50 PM

OSU is not a cupcake game that the team should just brush off. I believe that Clemson will win but every player needs to show up. Adversely if their entire team shows up it will be a game. Don't give the best player on the team reason to be better than his best.

Re: You guys are a bunch of scared *******

Dec 28, 2016, 11:53 AM [ in reply to You guys are a bunch of scared ******* ]

Amen! Is there anyway to TU your statement more than once? If the Tigers play their A game nobody can keep up with them.

Dec 27, 2016, 9:14 PM

Think about the comment,what does that bring to the table for our tigers.Drive,determination,skill set.LJ of course brought the noise,but what did we do,put the muzzle on that thang.So honestly no disrespect was thrown,all it's doing is getting me more excited about SATURDAY NIGHT BABY.
Go Tigers!!!

Dec 27, 2016, 9:16 PM

Give him a break......in the last year the Clemson defense has played against all 3 of the Heisman QBs invited to New York. I would say he has played better QBs.

I heard other players mention not letting him run. Keeping him in the pocket and making him pass.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson safeties don't need to say a thing prior to these

Dec 27, 2016, 9:18 PM

games.... nothing at all.... nothing.

nada.

when they manage to cover a TE consistently

and not lose the freakin' Natty,

then they can talk smash.

some of these guys need to take some Nuk LaLoosh lessons...

Re: no need to say a thing (if given with an attitude)

Dec 27, 2016, 9:42 PM

He wasn't talking trash.
His comments were a well presented excerpt from his film study.
They did not display any kind of inappropriate attitude.
As a matter of fact, in watching, it was so low key, it could
have been an impartial sports commentator giving their thoughts.

On the other hand..
Oklahoma's comments in the two previous bowl games with them were
good examples of trash talking..with an attitude.
Even your comments display an attitude..

GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you really take yourself that seriously?

Dec 28, 2016, 4:26 AM [ in reply to Clemson safeties don't need to say a thing prior to these ]

And do you honestly think your "strong" words mean a darn thing?

On a side note note, do you do cocaine? Seems like you have drug induced outbursts a good bit, where you posts these streams of conciousness taking yourself way too seriously. Simmer down wildman.

Maybe he'll force a pass now to prove he's the best. :-)***

Dec 27, 2016, 10:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe he'll force a pass now to prove he's the best. :-)***

Dec 28, 2016, 6:41 AM

Barrett was the first sophomore to ever be a captain at Ohio State, a two year captain he played the second glad including overtime, against PSU in 2014, with a torn MCL, He is the heart and soul of the team, the vocal leader in the locker room. This is big news, believe me it's big news in Columbus.

Sounds like the kind of talk from Oklahoma

Dec 28, 2016, 12:12 AM

before they got their ##### kicked...twice.

Dec 28, 2016, 12:18 AM

Stupid. Zero to gain, everything to lose by saying stuff like this. IF we're somehow able to contain Barrett, it only feeds the previous narrative that Barrett was off this year. If he does well, Jadar becomes the butt of a joke. just dumb...Barrett is a top 5 talented QB in the nation, without a doubt. He had a subpar year, no doubt, but he's an incredible talent and the last thing we need to do is give talented players the reason to show up better than they ever have before.

Jadar has been a pretty good, serviceable safety this year. He's not in the position to start calling out top-level talent.

Dec 28, 2016, 12:45 AM

Totally agree. Let your play do ur talking. Frankly I don't think it was bad but it's all lit up on the media. They've spun it already. Just shut it down. Osu team very professional and complementary of Tigers. Follow their que and ur head coach.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When Cortez arrived in the New World, he burned his ships...

Dec 28, 2016, 12:59 AM

As a result, his men were highly motivated." - Captain Marko Aleksandrovich Ramius

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You will now have more chances than you might have anticipated to prove that Jadar***

Dec 28, 2016, 1:45 AM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Why say something like that?

Dec 28, 2016, 8:24 AM

There is no upside.

Lack of respect for others. That's today's generation***

Dec 28, 2016, 12:37 PM

Lack of respect for others? What did he say that lacked

Dec 28, 2016, 12:43 PM

respect? He was very respectful and honest.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic