Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clowney not a clown
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 61
| visibility 1

Clowney not a clown

Dec 23, 2017, 8:12 AM

I've poked a lot of fun his way on tigernet, but never again. Obviously some class rubbed off on him down there in texas.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Jadeveon-Clowney-donates-toys-to-charity/5ce80836-47a8-4827-a412-1004c949ecc3

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clowney not a clown

Dec 23, 2017, 8:32 AM

I’m with you on that one Neal. He took a lot of unfair media coverage when he was at scar about taking plays off and being lazy etc but the truth is he was really hurt during that time. Coaches should have sat him out.

Truth is, he’s always been a sharp standup guy who gave of his time and community. I heard from who I think is a trusted source and knows him that he would have chosen Clemson had he played several years later. Who knows but DW4 and the 60 million dollar man are all the same character.

Houston is very fortunate to have those guys and I really hope they’ll win the sb next year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is pure NFL damage control. If it was two years ago

Dec 23, 2017, 8:46 AM

maybe but this is nothing more than a PR stunt to win fans back and put butts in the seats and eyeballs back on the television. The NFL knows they have screwed the pooch and are bleeding money. At least with Deshaun Watson we know his actions have been genuine since his college days. This is designed to fool the masses into making the league look good. It is happening all across the NFL in the last few weeks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is pure NFL damage control. If it was two years ago

Dec 23, 2017, 8:49 AM

You’re absolutely pathetic. It’s embarrassing that you call yourself a Clemson Tiger.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's likely right, the cameras were set up and rolling...

Dec 23, 2017, 9:14 AM

Why did this need to be a production? Why does Charity from the heart need advertisement?

The kids win, there's plenty to be thankful for in that, but don't lose sight of the need[s] to advertise this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He's likely right, the cameras were set up and rolling...

Dec 23, 2017, 9:33 AM

While I get your point, the cameras were rolling for dw4 and his cafeteria worker donation too. Can’t we just recognize a good deed for what it is ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I did, the children win, DW4 was a phone & at the facility..

Dec 23, 2017, 9:49 AM

and then the deed was put up later and made the rounds? The good folks that benefitted from the gesture will not soon forget I'm sure.

This was a production, off site and set up.

I am thankful for any children that benefit from kindness, but those that take advantage of that moment for PR benefit are doing just that and it is not wrong to point it out.

The only thing "wrong" I've seen so far, is suggesting someone might be an embarrassment to Clemson University for exercising their right & where-with-all to recognize it for what IT is beyond the gift of charity.

That's patently ####### stupid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I did, the children win, DW4 was a phone & at the facility..

Dec 23, 2017, 9:55 AM

Lol I love how you make up reasons for it to be okay to record what DW did but not Clowney.

Excuse me? I didn't say one unkind word about JC...

Dec 23, 2017, 9:59 AM

or any word about JC for that matter; it was a Houston Texans production.

I've said numerous times the children benefitted and that's fantastic.

Why don't you learn to read, then understand what it is you just read and the world might be a much simpler place for you?

Re: Excuse me? I didn't say one unkind word about JC...

Dec 23, 2017, 10:17 AM

Just that he is using it for PR. I can read dude. Maybe you should learn to not be such a D bag and the world would be more simple to you. Take off your orange glasses. You can point out that he wants to world to see what he did if you want but don't act like it is a bad thing. You may not have been but you are agreeing with the one that said it is wrong of him to record it. It is good for the world to see people with money giving it for charity. Especially when it is a pro athlete that many kids look up to. Sorry if I misunderstood you but you do not have to be a ###### about it.

Link to where I once mentioned Jadeveon Clowney

Dec 23, 2017, 10:33 AM

until you dragged him into this.

I'll wait.

Re: Link to where I once mentioned Jadeveon Clowney

Dec 23, 2017, 10:38 AM

This is a post about him so don't give me that crap lol. You defend DW but he was talking to the camera before walking into the cafeteria. Why not defend Clowney?

So you have nothing, which is nothing new from you...

Dec 23, 2017, 10:44 AM

only your usual emotionally laced gibberish.

I responded specifically about one thing, the idea this was likely a PR production.

You are the one that wants to drag JC into this, nothing I ever did. I spoke specifically to BT likely being right based on the production that the Houston Texans put forth.

And I was asked about DW4 specifically so I answered specifically about the 2 videos.

Can you not see the difference in the production alone? I surely pointed it out and also pointed out the two groups of people that benefit tremendously from the 2 charitable acts.

I in no way, shape or form cast any aspersions toward JC or him giving his time to this.

Anything you make up, is on you.

Re: So you have nothing, which is nothing new from you...

Dec 23, 2017, 11:00 AM

Okay I apologize. Sorry I am not emotionless and believe both should get credit for doing good deeds while both were filmed. I hope you feel the same.

2 folks being filmed doesn't mean both are making a movie...

Dec 23, 2017, 11:08 AM

The ONE thing that shines through for me is that children and/or good people benefit and that's fantastic to me.

And I don't need your apology, just try in the future to check your heart at the door at times?

I have no feelings you can hurt, but that doesn't mean I'm emotionless, although I am the dude John Donne never met.

:)

Merry Christmas to you and yours CmoneyTiger!

Go Tigers.

Re: 2 folks being filmed doesn't mean both are making a movie...

Dec 23, 2017, 11:27 AM

Lol thanks for the convo. I will check it when it needs be but with people saying somebody is doing charity just to benefit themselves I will bring my heart. I know you didn't accuse him though it just felt that way with backing BT. Happy for those kids and that is all that matters. Anybody can think what they want to about Clowney. I do apologize tho you don't need it. I am sorry for acting any way negitave towards you as you were just putting facts out there.

I think he mentioned the production level was not the same,

Dec 23, 2017, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Link to where I once mentioned Jadeveon Clowney ]

And he's right. But claiming the gestures are basically the same is correct as well. Id say you in. You can speculate how much of it was from the heart etc, but arguing the levels of production is meaningless. Good luck getting him to admit he made an error though.

Re: I think he mentioned the production level was not the same,

Dec 23, 2017, 3:22 PM

I'm not sure what all that means, but one

Dec 23, 2017, 9:15 PM

thing is an absolute truth - you are one angry, delusional, and bitter shell of a man.

I'm not sure what all that means, but one

Dec 23, 2017, 9:16 PM [ in reply to Re: I think he mentioned the production level was not the same, ]

thing is an absolute truth - you are one angry, delusional, and bitter shell of a man.

Hi Stanley, look at you projecting again.

Dec 23, 2017, 9:42 PM

13 banned users in ~2 months; you're on a bit of a roll?

Goodbye Stanley.

@B-Meist®

You're absolutely right. When DW gave his check to the

Dec 23, 2017, 9:58 AM [ in reply to He's likely right, the cameras were set up and rolling... ]

cafeteria workers it was an act of love for a community had just suffered a huge natural disaster which is completely different than a calculated act due to the NFL suffering a public relations disaster. Now these events are being orchestrated by the NFL for one reason only and that is to win fans back.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You're absolutely right. When DW gave his check to the

Dec 23, 2017, 10:18 AM

Or maybe Clowney wanted kids to have a good Christmas? It wasn't an act of love because he didn't go to Clemson though right?

If you want pathetic this letter from the Ravens shows

Dec 23, 2017, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Re: This is pure NFL damage control. If it was two years ago ]

what they're up to. They are losing fans in droves and it will cost them dearly. They are pleading with fans to see the "good things" they are doing in the community and "doubling those efforts". Players that never cared about their community are all of a sudden trying to show they do to win fans back. Get a clue. You are being played. As other posters said, charity doesn't need a spotlight and there is a reason it is now a major production.
===

From #### Cass, Baltimore Ravens Team President

I am writing to thank you for your continued support of the Baltimore Ravens. You are an important part of who we are and what we have become.

Created over 22 seasons, our bonds with you are strong and deep. Our Ravens family is built on memories of great games, plays and people. That foundation includes you and Ravens players named Jonathan, Ray, Ed, Sizzle, Joe, Todd, Bart, Goose, Mac, Edwin and many others. Our cement is a pair of Super Bowls, the “Mile High Miracle,” the single-season best defense ever, and playoff wins in New England, Oakland and Pittsburgh, as well as memorable regular season victories at M&T Bank Stadium over Jacksonville, the Steelers and Seattle and the snow game against Minnesota.

All along, our organization and our players have volunteered to make our community better. That work continues almost daily and, certainly, weekly. We are especially proud of our current players’ commitment to make Baltimore a better place to live and work.

We are once again in a serious battle to make the playoffs. If we achieve that goal, it will be the seventh time in the last 10 years. But we know it has been an unusual season. A glut of injuries, especially on offense, had us struggling early to find both consistency and our identity.

We had the poor showing in London, complicated by the kneeling of a dozen players during the National Anthem. That became an emotional and divisive issue. We know that hurt some of you. Others saw it differently and welcomed the dialogue that followed. Others bluntly told us to keep statements and protests out of the game. There are some of you who have stayed away from our games.

We have had significant numbers of no-shows in the past when our play on the field has not met the high standard we and you have set for the Ravens. But this year has been different. The numbers are higher, and it is noticeable. There are a number of reasons for the no-shows, but surely the one-time protest in London has been a factor.

We have responded to your concerns about the protest by re-doubling the efforts of both the organization and our players to make the Baltimore area a better community. We have also reached out to a number of you who wrote or called about the protest. I personally made a number of phone calls and met with some of you. Some of my Ravens colleagues have also made a number of calls. While we have not been able to reach all of you, we have learned a lot from these interactions.

We want the Ravens to continue to be a strong, unifying force and source of pride in our community. When the Ravens win, we can bring families and the community together. We’ve done that before, and we can do it again. In light of recent events, we are also reminded that winning alone is not always enough to make the Ravens the unifying force we want to be.

We don’t take your support for granted, and we know that we must continue to earn your respect and investment in us. We are committed to putting the best possible team on the field and providing an outstanding gameday experience for you. That commitment requires us to continue to make significant investments in our facilities. This summer we will finish our $45 million renovation and expansion of our Under Armour Performance Center in Owings Mills. By the beginning of the 2019 season, we will complete our ongoing $120 million renovation of M&T Bank Stadium. (By the way, our first set of escalators to the upper bowl will be completed in 2018.)

We hope you and your loved ones are having a wonderful holiday season. Let’s add to the celebration with a Ravens run to the postseason. Thank you for reading this.

Sincerely,

#### Cass

Re: If you want pathetic this letter from the Ravens shows

Dec 23, 2017, 10:11 PM

College football viewership is down approximately as much as pro .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2017, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Re: This is pure NFL damage control. If it was two years ago ]

I TU by mistake you are now at 50%

Tell em coot!

Dec 23, 2017, 10:13 AM

;)

Dec 23, 2017, 10:19 AM [ in reply to Re: This is pure NFL damage control. If it was two years ago ]

My reply was intended for tmac9wr who says all who disagree are pathetic that this was a pubicity stunt and should turn in our Paws!!

I realized that was what you meant. TU to you!***

Dec 23, 2017, 10:27 AM

Dec 23, 2017, 9:15 AM [ in reply to This is pure NFL damage control. If it was two years ago ]

Sad to see these types of comments on Tnet.

Seems to remember NFL supporting United Way ...

Dec 23, 2017, 11:02 AM [ in reply to This is pure NFL damage control. If it was two years ago ]

Back into the ‘80’s - maybe earlier. NFL players have been linked to charities for years. Also seem to recall Warribk Dunn being supportive of Habitat for Humanity - even assisting Watson”s mom getting a home. I personally worked on Habitat homes with Derrick Brooks in Palmetto FL.

Your narrative is false and sad especially st Christmas.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^ THIS ^^^^***

Dec 23, 2017, 11:35 AM [ in reply to This is pure NFL damage control. If it was two years ago ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Dec 23, 2017, 8:48 AM

Clowney deserves all the praise in the world here. What a great thing to do for disadvantaged families.

Dec 23, 2017, 9:37 AM

I’m on Tnet like 20 times a day, but never post:(.. I’m going to stop that so I say.. Way to go Clowney! He took a negative and flipped it to a positive, just like Carmen! Hahaha:)... The kids are the big winners and are going to be soo happy! Go Clowney and Go Tigers!!

Although they'll have loyalties to their respective

Dec 23, 2017, 8:49 AM

universities, I suspect the former Tigers and Gamecocks on the Texans' roster are now working together for one goal: victories for Houston.

I never did dislike Clowney....He's a good, ole Rock Hill fellow, my hometown, so my hat is doffed to him.

Message was edited by: hartins®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Although they'll have loyalties to their respective

Dec 23, 2017, 9:09 AM

Oh yeah. Salt of the earth up there in the Rock Hill Lancaster area. Good ole springs peeps!

Nice golf courses too. Play at Lancaster cc some and they keep that course in great shape.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rock Hill HT, has a ring to it.

Dec 23, 2017, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Although they'll have loyalties to their respective ]

Good morning Mr. T. Enjoy your Saturday.

Back to you. Funny thing is, I've been gone

Dec 23, 2017, 12:16 PM

from Rock Hill for so long (52+ years) since I entered Clemson, most of the area is "foreign" to me.

Dec 23, 2017, 8:56 AM

I am with you. To see that big smile in the van of toys is a great sight. Would have been easy to just ignore the tradh cans. Clowney made it all special. Considering he went from high school to a hell hole makes it even more impressive.

Dec 23, 2017, 9:02 AM

Y'all still watch and care about the NFL??
Find something productive to do!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's productive about watching college football?

Dec 23, 2017, 9:05 AM

I still do it.

Dec 23, 2017, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Clowney not a clown ]

I hope this was supposed to be a pun. Jimo

I'm happy for the kids, they are winners here, but...

Dec 23, 2017, 9:11 AM

this is a media production.

People waiting, jerseys displayed, cameras rolling...

Good for the kids, but it's PR through and through.

Charity needs no production, I'm sorry it's come to this.

Re: I'm happy for the kids, they are winners here, but...

Dec 23, 2017, 9:57 AM

I whole hardily agree. A person who seeks to gain notoriety for doing good deeds is suspect. True charity is given from the heart and anonymous.

Dec 23, 2017, 10:00 AM [ in reply to I'm happy for the kids, they are winners here, but... ]

It may be for charity and PR but what is wrong with that? It would have been recorded no matter what Clowney did to set it up. What is wrong with kids seeing their roll models do charity work?

Dec 23, 2017, 10:08 AM

You are wrong. Clowney could have handed this off to a surrogate with instructions that his name not be attached. However; he was front and center. I don't know, but it took several takes to get the right shot.

Dec 23, 2017, 10:20 AM

So do you think it was wrong for DW to film himself walking to the cafeteria to give the check to those ladies after the hurricane?

Dec 23, 2017, 10:40 AM

I'm not afraid to answer you Cmoney Tiger. DW4 should have given the money to them quietly, and if they (the workers) decided to let it be known, he would have done it the right way. Satisfied?

Dec 23, 2017, 11:07 AM

I appreciate the honesty. I don't think it was wrong for DW or Clowney. Nothing wrong with letting the world see you do good. The world will see anything that they do bad so I don't see why they should not put out there what they do good. I understand people that believe charity should not be advertised but the world we live in today I don't see a problem with it. We have Facebook live and Snapchat so a lot of people film their whole lives.

Dec 23, 2017, 11:22 AM

The only one that needs to see you do good is the still small voice that resides within who believe.

Dec 23, 2017, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm happy for the kids, they are winners here, but... ]

I gave you a TU idk why anybody would tD this??

Dec 23, 2017, 11:24 AM

Because that's the way this insanity called TNET works.

Dec 23, 2017, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm happy for the kids, they are winners here, but... ]

This is an outrage! Those kids were victimized by the NFL purely for PR gain. How reprehensible can they be.

The kids don't care...they received a benefit that was apparently not coming from any other source. Is it really necessary to display such cold-blooded cynicism? Good for Clowney...Houston...the NFL. The kids win...that's what's most important.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The original point is that this is a PR production.

Dec 23, 2017, 10:26 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm happy for the kids, they are winners here, but... ]

You say you agree.

I believe we both agree that the winners here are the children first and that's fantastic - they've done nothing, but be born to a situation not of their choosing.

There are other winners - the Houston Texans took advantage of this situation and made a production of it.

Charity should/does not need a production; Charity should need no face or public display if it's just from the heart. JC can sign as many autographs as he wishes or do all the charity work in the world and if someone happens to grab a phone video of it, that's fantastic as well, but that does not change the designed use of this moment to create a production to drive good PR for the Texans & NFL. That seems to be the case here and there is nothing wrong with pointing that out, as it is what it seems to be. There's no emotion in that, just what seems to be a matter of fact of sorts discussion - at least for me.

Public Relations is roled to do a number of things. Damage Control is one, one suggested above, then someone decided to go top rope, call another an embarrassment as a Clemson Tiger, because BT pointed it out? That's more than emotionally encumbered and a bit outside.

If BT is likely right about this situation, which the production seems to suggest he is, then why the acrimony?

Because people get their feelings hurt?

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with kids seeing NFL players[I'll hold off on labeling them "Roll models" as not all are]; I never suggested there was, which means you'd have a hard time providing that link.

Maybe you see something in this discussion, at least on my part, that's just not there?

I can be extremely happy for the children involved and still discuss how the Houston Texans and NFL are taking advantage of it.

Re: The original point is that this is a PR production.

Dec 23, 2017, 10:36 AM

BT said it is pure damage control. It is pure charity. Maybe a little PR sprinkled in. Charity does not need PR but it is not a bad thing for people to see people give charity. It is not right to assume it is pure damage control by the NFL when one does not know Clowney at all. Maybe he didn't have a great christmas every year and wanted to make it better for others or maybe not. Maybe I am wrong but I try to see the good in things. I respect what you are saying but not what BT said and it seemed like you were backing him but I see you are looking at it from both sides.

Big production, not a little sprinkled in...

Dec 23, 2017, 10:51 AM

The editing alone took a good bit of time.

How long did the media crew have to be there to see all the different moments JC spent there? Rolling up, his entrance, signing autographs, the shots in the back of the van - that's a production and not a little sprinkled in.

I've mentioned the tremendous good in this, JC's, and in DW4's charitable act ad nauseam, really to the point it's tiring.

Re: Big production, not a little sprinkled in...

Dec 23, 2017, 11:04 AM

Nothing wrong with believing what you say is right. I do not believe it was just to gain pr for the NFL. I don't think you do either. It may be good for them though. I have no problem with what you are saying just the backing of what BT said. Have a good Christmas and Go Tigers.

Re: Big production, not a little sprinkled in...

Dec 23, 2017, 1:19 PM

I agree with you. In a day and age where everything is seen there’s nothing wrong with publicizing a charitable act. There will always be people who’s first response is to say there were ill intentions. Reminds me of coot fans constantly looking for a chink in Dabo’s armor because he’s a Christian.....

Re: It was a PR production.

Dec 23, 2017, 11:40 AM [ in reply to The original point is that this is a PR production. ]

The redemptive results are undeniable but it was a PR production. Imo, it was necessary to make it public to torture the Jag fans so I partly excuse the publication. Not that I'm not a vindictive person but I could see a good man doing the same thing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mmhm, kids smiling is hopefully never a bad thing.

Dec 23, 2017, 12:14 PM

I see these productions and don't forget that there is real, community good, just as with the crews that go to the Dark Continent, USA for Africa or Feed the Children - Sally Struthers well-known to you I'm sure.

Sam Kinison, his keen eye & sense of those productions... we can still smile I hope?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylyts7L6Hwg

Clowney will always be a clown

Dec 23, 2017, 12:33 PM

whether he's a kids' clown or not.

Re: Clowney will always be a clown

Dec 23, 2017, 12:41 PM

Good for Clowney, out doing good for kids.

PS: I am pretty sure the NFL is doing just fine economically, but if this makes some dotard's schlong feel a little bigger and a little more empowered because of his stupid reaction to protests and thinking giving some kids some shoes is a result of something the dotard did, then Clowney gave a gift to him too. Merry Christmas, from Jadeveon.

Replies: 61
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic