Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson fans can basically be divided into a couple subsets
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 97
| visibility 1

Clemson fans can basically be divided into a couple subsets

Jul 24, 2019, 12:21 PM

1. The real and true fans who are alums and will attend the games so they don't have to worry about the ACC Network

2. The not real and true fans who are not alums and complain about not getting the ACC Network

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Clemson fans can basically be divided into a couple subsets

Jul 24, 2019, 12:22 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Jul 24, 2019, 12:25 PM

Don’t feed the troll folks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^Not a real and true fan, and also a troll***

Jul 24, 2019, 12:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Is it true what they say about GWPTiger

Jul 24, 2019, 12:28 PM

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

^^^Says the guy with "peen" in his signature***

Jul 24, 2019, 12:30 PM

Re: ^^^Says the guy with "peen" in his signature***

Jul 24, 2019, 12:35 PM

I attended Clemson but did not graduate. I am in too poor health to attend games. That said, I am as true blue a Clemson fan as you are Joe, so get off your high horse and stop with the absurd generalizations.

My name is not Joe. Hth***

Jul 24, 2019, 12:36 PM

Wutever

Jul 24, 2019, 12:38 PM

Joe

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: My name is not Joe. Hth***

Jul 24, 2019, 12:54 PM [ in reply to My name is not Joe. Hth*** ]

Sorry. I looked at the photo (same as Joe's), instead of the user name. My bad. I didn't think it sounded like something Joe would say.

I just said what everyone was already thinking***

Jul 24, 2019, 12:57 PM

gatigerbc - please ignore the OP and all sub-posts - it is

Jul 24, 2019, 2:03 PM [ in reply to Re: My name is not Joe. Hth*** ]

his thing to make jokey posts that add nothing to the community.

Hope your health improves ! ! ! !

G O T I G E R S ! ! !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

You think this is a "jokey post?"

Jul 24, 2019, 2:04 PM

I assure you it is not.

Rocky clearly has an axe to grind...

Jul 24, 2019, 3:24 PM [ in reply to gatigerbc - please ignore the OP and all sub-posts - it is ]

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Its-all-good--I-GUESS-a-lot-of-folks-like-the-Kardashians-25664537

Although I’m not sure why. I’ve been unable to find as single case where his attack(s) was/were provoked by those he attacked.

Interesting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I agree!

Jul 24, 2019, 7:52 PM [ in reply to gatigerbc - please ignore the OP and all sub-posts - it is ]

Jokee, silly poasts are why I rarely TNet anymore

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2019, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Re: ^^^Says the guy with "peen" in his signature*** ]

Then you are an alum. Graduation isn't necessary to be an alum.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jul 24, 2019, 3:34 PM [ in reply to Re: ^^^Says the guy with "peen" in his signature*** ]

That couldn't be me. I don't even have a horse although I have been referred to, at times, as being part of a horse.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2019, 4:34 PM

cutigerbob® desperately wants to know which "part"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Not smart enough to realize that attending makes him an alum

Jul 26, 2019, 4:31 PM [ in reply to Re: ^^^Says the guy with "peen" in his signature*** ]

Definitely not a true Tiger....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: Is it true what they say about GWPTiger

Jul 26, 2019, 4:49 PM [ in reply to Is it true what they say about GWPTiger ]

100 % accurate statement. gwptiger is a social media bully who takes the fun out of being part of Tigernet. Some people just never grow up to act like adults!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The faster you get banned, the better.***

Jul 24, 2019, 12:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

^^^Spoken like a true non-alum***

Jul 24, 2019, 12:36 PM

I ATTENDED CLEMSON FOR 4.5 YEARS!

Jul 24, 2019, 12:42 PM

I’m beginning to think you aren’t very smart.

Beginning?

Jul 24, 2019, 12:49 PM

Your the moran.

HTH

Re: Beginning?

Jul 24, 2019, 1:25 PM

In all fairness, I keep forgetting that he a moran because I pay so little attention.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Beginning?

Jul 24, 2019, 1:38 PM [ in reply to Beginning? ]

I miss the hat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Me too.

Jul 24, 2019, 2:15 PM

I think coachmac stole it.

So, no Venn Diagram for this ... darn!***

Jul 24, 2019, 12:41 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Why would there be a Venn diagram if there is no overlap?***

Jul 24, 2019, 1:09 PM

Exactly***

Jul 24, 2019, 1:27 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Jul 24, 2019, 12:43 PM

But I joined the Polish Air Force and can't get to the games but I am an alum.

Does that make me a hybrid fan.

I love Poles!

Jul 24, 2019, 12:45 PM

signed, @Francis Marion®

I'm assuming you attend all of the away games

Jul 24, 2019, 12:50 PM

Am I correct? If not, welcome to the not real and true fan group.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Yes, you are correct***

Jul 24, 2019, 12:51 PM

I didn’t read his post, but I assume he said...

Jul 24, 2019, 12:53 PM

“You must not be very handsome.”

You are incorrect***

Jul 24, 2019, 12:54 PM

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

Jul 24, 2019, 12:56 PM

Hope you are doing well.

All the alums I know watch the 2nd half from their tailgate

Jul 24, 2019, 12:56 PM

Is this a subcategory ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well they certainly have that option because they are

Jul 24, 2019, 1:01 PM

real and true fans, and as such they understand how to purchase a provider that carries the ACC Network. Meanwhile the fake fans sit at home and complain that Dish Network sucks.

Jul 24, 2019, 1:16 PM

What do you say to people who can’t afford to go to the games. But can afford TV and would like the ACC network. I do go to the games but I think this is an absurd comment. Just remember not everyone is in your shoes!

Go Tigers!

Exactly!

Jul 24, 2019, 1:17 PM

Plus, he probably only wears like a 7.5, lol.

Re: Exactly!

Jul 24, 2019, 2:31 PM

I wonder if they are Nike shoes?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably...

Jul 24, 2019, 2:34 PM

SAS

I don't understand what point you're trying to make***

Jul 24, 2019, 1:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson fans can basically be divided into a couple subsets ]

Jul 24, 2019, 1:17 PM

How about the fans who attended games for 30 years but are unable to attend now? Are we less Tigers than you? How about if we have numerous children/grandchildren and spouses who are season ticket holders? Does that make you more loyal to Clemson?

Your spouse has season tickets but doesn't take you to

Jul 24, 2019, 1:23 PM

the games? You need a new spouse. Hth

Jul 24, 2019, 1:19 PM

The OP left out a couple of subsets, so not sure if he actually attended ANY school of higher learning. But just to confirm my hypothesis, we're gonna need a Venn diagram indicating what subsets intersect and which do not (and try to include ALL the freaking subsets this time, or go home).

Why would there be a Venn diagram if there is no overlap?

Jul 24, 2019, 1:30 PM

You're either a real and true fan, or you're not.

Jul 24, 2019, 1:33 PM

What about the hypothetical those of us that have a lifetime ban from certain stadiums and need the acc network?

I'm going to need more information, how many stadiums

Jul 24, 2019, 1:38 PM

would this hypothetical person be banned from that happen to hold Clemson games that will only be televised on the ACC Network?

Jul 24, 2019, 1:36 PM

I am a die hard Clemson fan. I am 72 years old and do not have anyone to take me to the games.So you need to stop and think about what you say about Clemson fans. Sounds like something a coot would say.

So which of those two subsets would you say

Jul 24, 2019, 1:41 PM

you belong to?

TU for Agnes!***

Jul 24, 2019, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson fans can basically be divided into a couple subsets ]

Maybe you can be a gem and give Agnes a ride to the games?***

Jul 24, 2019, 2:26 PM

I already mentioned that I cancelled my season tickets...

Jul 24, 2019, 2:31 PM

HTH.

So what? Did you give up your car too?***

Jul 24, 2019, 2:38 PM

Well,

Jul 25, 2019, 10:44 AM

we know it WASN'T an F150.

Jul 24, 2019, 1:50 PM

Top 5 Dump post

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What are the other 4 dump posts that made the top 5?***

Jul 24, 2019, 1:59 PM

I would say this one has to be in the Top 5

Jul 24, 2019, 3:42 PM

I don't TNet a lot, so I can't rank the other 3. But, I imagine one of them has the term, 'goober' in it.

Re: I would say this one has to be in the Top 5

Jul 24, 2019, 6:52 PM

I guess Tnet needs it’s own Manfold like FGF

Totally thought this was going to be: Those who are for DSP

Jul 5, 2017, 1:04 AM

And those who are wrong!

GO TIGERS!

DSP went to Washington and Lee, thus not a real and true

Jul 24, 2019, 1:54 PM

Clemson fan. Hth

We will never beat the coots without ESPN money.

Jul 24, 2019, 1:55 PM

That requires as many of us as possible to watch the ACCN. Clearly there are no Clemson Alumni working at Dish Network.

Exactly, we need the ACC Network in order to keep

Jul 24, 2019, 1:59 PM

pace with the coots. But we don't need to watch it during football season. Just wait until basketball season to watch it.

Re: Exactly, we need the ACC Network in order to keep***

Jul 24, 2019, 2:06 PM

fans vs alumni isn’t the issue here.

Jul 24, 2019, 2:30 PM

It’s fans vs. SUPPORTERS of Clemson University.

Clemson has not become a great university because of its rabid fan base.

Clemson has become great because of the tremendous support that it receives from its alumni and friends and fans,

Everything that we have came with a price! Anyone can be a fan of any school,team or organization that they desire to but their total support is necessary to make it grow.

My two cents ..... for free.

You are correct that fans vs alumni is not the issue here

Jul 24, 2019, 2:36 PM

The issue is real and true alumni fans vs not real and true non-alumni fans. So thank you for making that important distinction.

It's 'bout time this annual downtime subject was broached! Go team Alumni!

Jul 24, 2019, 2:07 PM

Every summer we have the true fan discussion. And yet when all is said and done, there is no definitive conclusion.

I am hoping upon all hopes that this gets settled once and for all over the next several weeks.

Thank you GWP for being more of a man than me and having the guts to surface this all important topic.

Singed,

A true fan alumnus.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you for being a real and true fan

Jul 24, 2019, 2:20 PM

However, I must correct one thing about your response. A definitive conclusion has been reached and it has been settled for many years. The non-alum fans (aka not real and true fans) have not accepted the definitive conclusion, but their opinions don't matter anyway.

Agnes:1 GWP:-0-***

Jul 24, 2019, 2:22 PM

null

You are incorrect***

Jul 24, 2019, 2:33 PM

Dabo cannot be a true fan then

Jul 24, 2019, 2:37 PM [ in reply to It's 'bout time this annual downtime subject was broached! Go team Alumni! ]

In past post it was decided that honorary degrees do not count. Only Clemson degrees

So Dabo is not a true fan by the law and definition

Signed

A non alumnus

* No he cannot be the exception because he is the head coach. It has been said emphatically numerous times that you have to be a Clemson alum to be a true fan

I don't give a rosey red rats rear end if I am considered a "True Fan" or not. I will still support Clemson no matter what.

You are incorrect

Jul 24, 2019, 2:41 PM

His (and his wife's) honorary degree does in fact count when taken into consideration that he is the head coach and sends his kids to Clemson. All of factors together = a real and true fan*

*unless he leaves voluntarily for Bama in which case that status will be revoked

Changing the rules as it goes***

Jul 24, 2019, 2:44 PM

No, this was decided last year at this time***

Jul 24, 2019, 2:46 PM

Original post

Jul 24, 2019, 3:05 PM

States:

Real, True Fans
1) Clemson alumni who graduated in 5 years or stayed for grad school
2) Clemson alumni who graduated in 4 or less years and didn't stay for grad school

ROY Bus
3) non-alumns

I see no official Amendment other than a later thread (unofficially changing it as it went)

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Since-we-have-accurately-concluded-that-Clemson-24463765

It's pretty clear in multiple posts in that thread that

Jul 24, 2019, 3:22 PM

Dabo's honorary degree qualifies him as a real and true fan.

Jul 24, 2019, 2:40 PM

GWPTiger®
Ring of Honor [83856]
TigerPulse: 100%
Clems­on fans can basically be divided into a couple subsets [10]
Posted: Jul 24, 2019 12:21 PM

1. The real and true fans who are alums and will attend the games so they don't have to worry about the ACC Network

2. The not real and true fans who are not alums and complain about not getting the ACC Network

OR ACTUAL FANS AND THE MOT. SIMPLE REALLY.

In your example, you are breaking it down as

Jul 24, 2019, 2:46 PM

Actual Fans = Clemson alumni

MOT = non alumni

Man, that's harsh even for you deroberts

Jul 24, 2019, 3:00 PM

So coaches John Heisman, Frank Howard, Danny Ford, and Dabo Swinney aren't or were not real and true fans as they're all also non Clemson alums?

Dabo has an honorary degree from Clemson

Jul 24, 2019, 3:06 PM

He is a real and true fan.

YAWN... SOSDY

Jul 24, 2019, 3:17 PM

??

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2019, 3:53 PM

I say, what have you to say on this,

Obed

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can appreciate the attempt at humor, but in reality

Jul 24, 2019, 4:04 PM

he could have just stopped both sentences after "alums" and it would have worked just fine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He should have stopped at "Clemson".***

Jul 24, 2019, 4:20 PM

He should have stopped at "enter your user ID & password"

Jul 24, 2019, 8:04 PM

HTH out loud

There was no attempt at humor, merely pointing out another

Jul 24, 2019, 4:23 PM [ in reply to I can appreciate the attempt at humor, but in reality ]

distinction between alums and non-alums and why alums are real and true fans.

Im beginning to wonder

Jul 24, 2019, 7:56 PM

if the majority of T-Netters even know where Clemson is

^^^^underrated poast^^^

Jul 25, 2019, 7:35 AM

Jul 25, 2019, 8:10 AM

That’s were you a dead wrong GWPTiger. If I had the funds and did not have back and knee problems I would be their most every game. I am not an alum but my sister and daughter are!

Just because you went to Clemson does not make you a better fan the non alums!!!

Before you call people out for-not attending games get your facts straight. If you want to by me season tickets I will be glad to go to those game!

At times you can be an Internet Bully!

where; there; than; buy

Jul 25, 2019, 9:10 AM

HTH that helped

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

^^^CRUMP!!! Delete this post now!***

Jul 25, 2019, 9:12 AM

Perhaps it would be best if you could

Jul 25, 2019, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson fans can basically be divided into a couple subsets ]

take some time and re-type that in a way that makes it legible. TIA!

It amazes me that 72% of voters...

Jul 25, 2019, 9:38 AM

agree with you.

The other 28% are non-alums***

Jul 25, 2019, 9:45 AM

Jul 25, 2019, 10:09 AM

Dividing Clemson into only 2 fan groups is like saying there are only 2 political ideals, the far right and the far left. By the OP's definition, I would guess that maybe there are 10-20k "true fans." Heck, our beloved coach can't even be a true fan since he is not an alum. Anybody that does not live within driving distance or cannot afford to fly in is not a true fan. Anybody who has work commitments is not a true fan. I guess that any of our alums in the NFL are not true fans then. Heck, even an alum who goes to all the games, but would like to rewatch some on the ACC Network and get an analyst perspective that is pro-Clemson/ACC is not a true fan. Why is there a need to pigeon hole people into groups? Our fanbase is diverse and our abilities and desires to watch the games falls under a broad spectrum. We should be proud of that and I really don't care if somebody thinks that I am a true fan.

Once again, Dabo has an honorary degree from Clemson

Jul 25, 2019, 10:41 AM

and attends every game in person, he is a real and true fan. Hth

Replies: 97
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic