Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson can't beat LSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Clemson can't beat LSU

Jan 2, 2020, 11:25 AM

Already heard it in the office - dumb razorback fan.

SO tired of people who say we can't play with or beat the best teams.

CLEMSON IS THE BEST TEAM !!!!!

Already beat the best team in history last year.

beat the best team this year Ohio st - who was supposed to be the #1 team until the CFP moved them around ....

BEAT LSU

NATTY NATTY NATTY

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I've already set aside $5 of my August paycheck

Jan 2, 2020, 11:28 AM

for more natty coke bottles

Don't stretch yourself......................lol. ***

Jan 2, 2020, 12:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've already set aside $5 of my August paycheck

Jan 2, 2020, 12:34 PM [ in reply to I've already set aside $5 of my August paycheck ]

This is the way .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

WOuldn't you just love to be the Tug selected to push a

Jan 2, 2020, 6:07 PM

barge full of National Championship Cokes up the Congaree right past Willie Brice.....It gets pretty shallow there, but we all wouldn't mind driving down to pick them up...

Re: Clemson can't beat LSU

Jan 2, 2020, 12:04 PM

Who cares what sooey says?

How is Ohio St the best team? LSU is the 1 seed. What

Jan 2, 2020, 12:09 PM

are you using to fairly evaluate them as the “best team.”

Or do you just want to think that they are the best team because we beat them.

Re: How is Ohio St the best team? LSU is the 1 seed. What

Jan 2, 2020, 12:18 PM

Advanced metrics all pointed to Ohio State as the "best team" due to LSU's issues on defense. I told many people I thought OSU/Clemson was the match up of the best two teams. ESPN liked to call it "most complete" to avoid SEC criticism. I will admit the LSU/OK game gave me more to think about, but teams with a weakness on one side of the ball usually are exposed in the playoff.

null

So some nebulous “advanced metrics” (would love to see those)

Jan 2, 2020, 5:59 PM

and then some ESPN opinion, which according to this board can’t be trusted. Also, most complete does not equal best. They mean most well rounded. Which may be true. But I can be an incomplete team, put up 65 points on offense, and I just have to have a defense that allows less than 65 points and I’m the better team.

LSU is the number 1 seed because they were the best team based on a season of performance.

well the week before they WERE the #1 team - and the CFP

Jan 2, 2020, 12:22 PM [ in reply to How is Ohio St the best team? LSU is the 1 seed. What ]

shuffled them.

and as the poster says - analysts often referred to them as the most complete etc ......

null

They were, until they weren’t, when it was clear there was a better team.

Jan 2, 2020, 6:06 PM

Second, according to this board the analysts are morons who don’t know what they’re talking about. Finally, as i posted above, most complete does not equal best. You can incomplete team that scores 65 points, and if their defense sucks and let’s up 60 points, they are still the better team.

Everything to date points to LSU being the best, which is why they received the number 1 seed. The first round reinforced that.

Re: They were, until they weren’t, when it was clear there was a better team.

Jan 7, 2020, 12:05 AM

Clemson is currently ranked #3 (538.4 ypg) in total offense, #2 (264.1 ypg) in total defense. LSU is currently ranked #1 (564.2 ypg) in total offense, #29 (339.9 ypg) in total defense. Links to current NCAA stats are below. OSU is 5th and 1st respectively.

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/21

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: How is Ohio St the best team? LSU is the 1 seed. What

Jan 2, 2020, 12:33 PM [ in reply to How is Ohio St the best team? LSU is the 1 seed. What ]

How about the SP+:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28251219/sp+-rankings-conference-championship-games

Just do what jesus would do

Jan 2, 2020, 12:11 PM

And turn him into fish.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jan 2, 2020, 12:23 PM

THE sacred cow at Arkansas is Jerry Jones. The guy that took AMERICA’S TEAM and turned it into a steaming pile of hot garbage. You can ignore a Razorback’s opinion on football, just like you can ignore a politician’s advice on honesty.

Jan 2, 2020, 12:34 PM

This is growing resentment toward Clemson. That is a natural reaction over time toward any team that wins consistently. And, the outside fan community are tiring of Dabo’s approach, as masterful as it is.

I don’t think anyone can tell, because at this point in the season, there are very few head to head play comparison points to read from. But I think so much of it will be about adjustments made by either coaching staff as the game unfolds. And, I like our chances in that regard.

Jan 2, 2020, 12:38 PM

Another aspect of consistency in winning championships as Clemson is doing is that bandwagon fans show up by the bucketful .
Not hating on the newbs , but get the position of the paw right and we only wear purples when the veterans are being honored .

DB23

Jan 2, 2020, 12:41 PM

Ah. Great tip, thanks.. I was aware of your first tip, but not the second. Was it something I wore to the last game?

Jan 2, 2020, 6:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson can't beat LSU ]

Getting ads from RoseWE on wife’s phone. How do I give them a TU?

all you kids that have under 300 points on Tigernet donate

Jan 7, 2020, 12:19 AM

And skip Starbucks a few times a months and donate to the cause.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2020, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson can't beat LSU ]

I don’t believe this one bit. Saw a post by an Alabama sportscaster on Facebook earlier this week talking about Dabo and Kevin Turner. Had been shared at the time almost 5000 times. Every single comment was positive and fans of every other team (mostly SEC) were falling all over themselves talking about how they would want their son to play for Dabo. This recent narrative about fans growing tired of Dabo is coming from teams who he’s dominated.

Jan 6, 2020, 8:22 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XH_6DwqYMs

null

Jan 6, 2020, 10:42 PM

in fairness, it took Miles having his head up his butt for us to have chance to display our grit. he didnt win the game for us. but I'm not sure we could have won it without him.

Jan 6, 2020, 8:31 PM

Clemson can accomplish what they want to. The only way we lose is by stupid mistakes and I don’t see that happening

I'm wondering how a Razorback fan knows what a good

Jan 6, 2020, 11:38 PM

team is?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jan 7, 2020, 12:09 AM

Clemson takes a back seat to no one. We are the standard but it doesn't mean we can't lose a game.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic