Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Football.....Always There.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,689

Clemson Football.....Always There.....

Jan 5, 2021, 4:12 PM

I was born in February and went to my first Clemson game in September of the same year. My Mother could never remember who we played - looking at the schedule from way back when, we think it was Virginia. Of course, the games started at noon and they probably lasted less than 2 hours. And for reference this was over six decades ago.

My point is that the one thing that has been consistent throughout my entire life is Clemson football. I suspect I am not alone. I think that's why when Covid threatened to cancel this season, there was so much emotion around it. Outside of family, it's the one thing you could look forward to and know it would always be there.

When I read some of the extreme criticism on this board, I wonder who the posters are actually talking to? They're certainly not going to change my view of Clemson football. I love reading different views and hearing what others think but the over-the-top stuff - I really don't care about. Again, I suspect I'm not alone.

No matter what, I'll be there next season and the next season and the next....as long as I can and I hope that's many more years. And when that ends, at my funeral they're going to show the last 5 minutes of the Tampa Natty followed up by Tiger Rag. Sounds better than singing some boring hymn, doesn't it?

GO TIGERS! Now and Forever!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson Football.....Always There.....

Jan 5, 2021, 4:15 PM

Amen

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson Football.....Always There.....

Jan 5, 2021, 4:20 PM

And awomen haha

I attended a funeral a few months ago...

Jan 5, 2021, 4:33 PM

The deceased was a Clemson alum graduating sometime in the mid to late 60's. He was also a member of the Clemson letterwinners association (now the Block C Club).

During the service, the Clemson alma mater and Tiger Rag were both played because...well...he was a true Clemson man and that's what he wanted.

Just about everyone in attendance sang along and did the C L E M S O N chant at the end of Tiger Rag. It was awesome !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re:Clemson Football...Always There...I came in with the Paw

Jan 5, 2021, 5:19 PM

That was my first in person game when we opened with the Citadel.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:Clemson Football...Always There...I came in with the Paw

Jan 5, 2021, 7:10 PM

I was there too. My second game ever. Had been to see Howard’s 100th win as a kid in 1958 or so. My, how things have chat.

I feel lucky to be a Clemson fan.....

Jan 5, 2021, 7:13 PM

I am proud of our school.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,689
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic