Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Basketball
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1,483

Clemson Basketball

Feb 23, 2016, 9:11 PM

Why are folks demanding a change ? I've been watching Clemson basketball for over 40 years and this is just DOING WHAT WE DO ! It does not matter who the coach is or the players. If I had a dollar for every game we have lost after leading the whole game I'd be financially independent.This is just Clemson Basketball ! It is who we are. Some things in life just never change.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson Basketball

Feb 23, 2016, 9:13 PM

If you've been watching for 40 years it can be understood that you lost focus and don't realize the last coach took us to 3 straight tourneys.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This guy is not a winner. I wish that he was.***

Feb 23, 2016, 9:14 PM

Re: This guy is not a winner. I wish that he was.***

Feb 23, 2016, 9:20 PM

He has won every place he has been. You sir are an idiot.

Feb 23, 2016, 9:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Basketball ]

Yes we have had a few good years now and then but overall this is what we do. Even in the good years we have never won the ACC tournament and the newer teams in the league have all won at Chapel Hill and the tournament but not us. Some things in life are just meant to be.

Feb 23, 2016, 9:21 PM

wright state-big deal

Feb 23, 2016, 9:24 PM

Basketball is basketball. It is all relative as to the competition. Do you folks really think some coaches have some magic x and o formula that translates into winning more than others ? If you do then you are really stupid.

Then why even try? Why spend 60 million on a gym?

Feb 23, 2016, 9:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Basketball ]

If this is all we get and all we can ever expect to get, let's just shut it down and focus more on football, soccer, and golf.

Feb 23, 2016, 9:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Basketball ]

I'm with you. It's easy to forget the good years when they're surrounded by decades of bad basketball. Blown leads, poor calls, missed free throws. Whatever it is, we find the most painful ways to suck at this game. My freshman year we won the regular season championship. It was great. Undefeated at home. Awesome. Then. We lose to last place Wake in the first round of the ACC tournament. Things will never change. Bless our hearts.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2016, 9:31 PM

Sad but true. Sending us to the ACC tournament is the equivalent of taking a garden hose to a forest fire.

Re:Well, hang on to him wise guy. You deserve each other.***

Feb 23, 2016, 9:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Basketball ]

Feb 23, 2016, 9:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Basketball ]

Tell Bobby Roberts,Tates Locke,Bill Foster,Cliff Ellis, Rick Barnes, and Oliver Purnell that.
We have and can be much better than we are.

All coaches with a lower ACC winning percentage than Brownell.***

Feb 23, 2016, 11:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

That's easy.

Feb 23, 2016, 9:25 PM

It's almost always been this way. It doesn't follow that it always has to be this way, because it doesn't, and that's why it sucks.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Feb 23, 2016, 9:33 PM

Barnes never won more than 9 league games, yes he was a hero and savior to the program.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2016, 10:28 PM

I love Barnes to this day for expressing the frustration I/we had with ACC sacred cows. He didn't take #### from Dean Smith or anyone else and it gave us a glimmering hope that maybe things could be different.

Feb 23, 2016, 10:14 PM

You nailed it. I've been watching since the late '50's, talk about utter frustration. Put Coach K on the bench and Golden State in Clemson uniforms and you'd get the same results.

Actually, statistically spealking, this season is well above average for Clemson bball.

Feb 23, 2016, 10:41 PM

It's easy to compare to three straight NCAAs under Purnell, but Brownell's body of work is better than we historically perform.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Consistently outperformed the expectations of all but the

Feb 23, 2016, 11:01 PM

Irrational.

2015-16 preseason ACC ranking? 12.
Current? 8.

2014-15 preseason ACC ranking? 11.
Final? 9.

2013-14 preseason ACC ranking? 14.
Final? 6.

2012-13 preseason ACC ranking? 8.
Final? 7.

2011-12 preseason ACC ranking? 7.
Final? 7.

2010-11 preseason ACC ranking? 7.
Final? 4.

Not to mention what he did with McDaniels and is now doing with Blossomgame...

Replies: 18
| visibility 1,483
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic