Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clements is staying at Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Clements is staying at Clemson

Dec 4, 2020, 6:36 PM

Email sent out late this afternoon:

December 4, 2020
Dear Clemson Family:
I’d like to put to rest any speculation surrounding my name being mentioned as the next commissioner of the Atlantic Coast Conference.

I informed Board of Trustees Chairman Smyth McKissick today of my desire to remain at Clemson University and to continue to build on what we have accomplished over the past seven years. There remains much work to be done in taking the vision of Thomas Green Clemson into the 21st Century by building on the values of this great institution.

I love Clemson. My wife, Beth, and I love this university and the people of this university. These have been incredible years since I arrived in 2013, but this great story is not yet finished. As I begin my eighth year, I look forward to many chapters to come and remain dedicated to pursuing excellence in the classrooms, in the research labs and on the athletic fields.

I have great respect and admiration for the ACC and its administration and staff. I am humbled that my name would appear as a finalist for this opportunity.

I want to thank the Board of Trustees as well as each of you in the Clemson Family. I’m inspired every day by our faculty and staff whose hard work has led to our many successes.

I am excited about the future and greatly appreciate the opportunity to continue serving the Clemson Family.

Chairman Smyth McKissick asked that I share his thoughts:

“Jim’s presidency has been incredibly successful. He and the team he has built have set records in academics, athletics, fundraising, research and many other areas. His fierce loyalty to Clemson and commitment to its success is exceeded only by his passion for helping students achieve at the highest levels.”

Go Tigers!

Jim Clements
President

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great news

Dec 4, 2020, 6:44 PM

He’s been an excellent President.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad ACC let him make announcement he was staying vs story being he was not the pick.

Dec 4, 2020, 6:55 PM

Saves face for everyone.

Re: Glad ACC let him make announcement he was staying vs story being he was not the pick.

Dec 4, 2020, 7:26 PM

What makes you think this was a save face announcement!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad ACC let him make announcement he was staying vs story being he was not the pick.

Dec 4, 2020, 6:55 PM

Saves face for everyone.

Re: Glad ACC let him make announcement he was staying vs story being he was not the pick.

Dec 4, 2020, 7:06 PM

That’s an interesting take on this. Just curious, what makes you think that he would not be selected and that this is not just his decision to stay?

I am glad he’s staying. The one thing that Dabo has mentioned that could lead to his leaving would be if he ever ended up with an unfavorable administration. He and Clements seem to work well together so I like things just the way they are.

Dec 4, 2020, 7:12 PM

He wasn’t a finalist without his consent and wouldn’t have pursued it unless he wanted it. I agree this was a graceful way for him to bow out and probably is an indication the new commish will be named soon.

Dec 4, 2020, 7:20 PM

Maybe the board offered him a big incentive to stay....

Re: Clements is staying at Clemson

Dec 4, 2020, 7:24 PM

This is awesome news, and when his name was first thrown around about the ACC commissioners job, I really didn't think that he would leave Clemson, the man just seems to love Clemson as much as we do, and he seems to just love doing whatever he can for/with the students, and the commissioners job couldn't be as satisfying of a job as the one that he has at Clemson University. Sometimes more money just doesn't make good sense when you're doing what you love doing at a job that maybe don't pay as much as the one being offered!!! And this was a great decision as far as being good for Clemson University!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2020, 9:57 PM

I have to agree, he seems to love being at Clemson and raising his kids in a great family environment. This looks like a win-win situation for the Clemson family and the Clements family.

ACC PRESS RELEASE

Dec 4, 2020, 7:35 PM

the ACC and its members are excited to bring the news to you that Mike Krzyzewski , recently retired Duke Head Basketball Coach, will be named ACC Commissioner.

In totally unrelated news, all future Clemson basketball and football teams will play an all road game conference schedule.

Regards, John (bite me Clemson hillbillies) Swofford

Dec 4, 2020, 7:46 PM

Translation: The search committee informed me I was no longer under consideration.

Nothing wrong with that. Nothing to be ashamed of. Lots of highly qualified candidates, only 1 job.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2020, 9:23 PM

You do have to question if Tobacco Road would ever let someone with Clemson ties be in the ACC commissioners office. He probably wanted the job but the conference politics would not allow it.

Dec 4, 2020, 9:52 PM

So what some are saying, is that our president is a liar, and he was told to move on, no place for him there. Where are the ideas coming from that he was told, not a chance???

Dec 4, 2020, 9:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Clements is staying at Clemson ]

Bret, Me thinks it’s a compliment with all things considered. I don’t get the sense that black & white apply to ethics in those types of positions as it pertains to “difficult decisions...”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope that no one affiliated with a conference school..

Dec 4, 2020, 9:53 PM

is ever named ACC commissioner again. Get someone with “no dog in the fight”. With have been manipulated by Tobacco Road for too long.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, very happy- very, very proud.

Dec 4, 2020, 10:20 PM

????????????????????????????????????????

Dec 4, 2020, 11:12 PM

Good.

Now UNCheat, University of Yankee at Durham & University of Cucumber Sandwiches at Charlottesville can gouge each other’s eyes out, like the debutants that they are.

Dec 5, 2020, 1:09 AM

It's probably Duke's turn.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic