Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clay Travis, OutKick, and Jason Whitlock
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 101

Clay Travis, OutKick, and Jason Whitlock

Nov 25, 2020, 1:43 PM

Up until a year ago I thought Clay Travis was a loudmouth blowhard. But after he started his own company, OutKick, he started talking like a totally different person. About sports, about politics, about society in general, and he has hired sports writers and giving them complete freedom and now has even brought in Jason Whitlock who actually relocated from California to Nashville because Travis gave him part ownership in OutKick.

Well, to put things lightly, they have been killing it this year! And Travis has been spot on with his observations over the past year regardless of the topic. His longtime friend and producer of most of the shows, and I’m sure probably a financial partner in the business, has said in an interview that Clay Travis wants to be the Howard stern of sports. Well, I would say mission accomplished!

How many of you have been listening to Clay Travis and Whitlock, either on the radio or watching them on YouTube, or reading articles on their website?

I read stuff on their website sometimes, but I mostly watch clay and Whitlock on YouTube.

They have paid memberships at different levels and from what I understand they have been killing it this year.

Clay has admitted that he is a lifelong democrat and until this year has always voted Democrat. He worked on Al Gore’s campaign, voted for Clinton, voted twice for Obama, and voted for Hillary. This year he said he voted for Trump. And he has then calling out the Democrats, the far left, and especially the liberals in journalism.

What I’m personally curious about is his motives. I have no doubt his motivated by money. Buthas he really changed or has he seen the success of Fox News and Howard Stern that being a contrarian, especially in such polarized times, is his ticket to success? And more precisely, being more conservative in a field dominated by liberals And becoming more politically correct and woke every day!

Jason Whitlock has especially been interesting to watch. Now that he no longer has someone to be accountable to, which actually pretty much all journalist should be that way, he is truly speaking truth to power and calling out The hypocrisy and the double standards and the BS of not just the liberals and the Democrats but these idiotic stupid woke athletes!

Jason Whitlock recently went to Dallas and was interviewed by Glenn Beck and the two of them hit it off so we’ll that Beck invited Whitlock to come back to Dallas and for the past two days Whitlock has sat in for Glenn beck and hosted the three our daily broadcast. Wouldn’t be surprised if in the very near future Whitlock also joins the blaze network.

Clay Travis has been very outspoken when it comes to the nonsense surrounding coronavirus, the irrational fear mongering, the unnecessary shut downs by Democrats and the fact that the cure does more damage than the disease, and has been supportive of Dabo the past few days also!

Travis says he is a First Amendment absolutist and unfettered capitalist. He has been very supportive of college athletes in terms of name image and likeness. He thinks they should get anything and everything they can, but I have not heard him say they should be paid. I think he draws the line at that. Which all rational people should for many many many reasons!

So how many of you guys have been listening and have become fans of Clay Travis and more recently Jason Whitlock? How many of you spend any time on the outkicked website? What are their other writers like?

Message was edited by: Lowcntry_Tiger®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wrong bored, moran!***

Nov 25, 2020, 1:47 PM

Re: Wrong bored, moran!***

Nov 25, 2020, 2:22 PM

Talking about a sports show on a sports board is incorrect? It involves Clemson. It involves sports.

Fail!!!

Everything you talk about in your OP is politics/religion,

Nov 25, 2020, 2:39 PM

MORON!

Re: Everything you talk about in your OP is politics/religion,

Nov 25, 2020, 2:42 PM

Ah yes we found another one. The type of person that finds racism and sexism everywhere they look because that’s what they are obsessed with.

Clearly you don’t have very good reading comprehension skills. I’m asking people about Clay Travis and Whitlock and if people have been reading on their website and watching the show and asking what their opinion is. You’re the person with the problem.

Me describing some of what is on their show and some of what they are talking about is not me talking about sports or politics or religion. It’s me describing their show and their takes and they are in fact a sports network.

And Clay Travis has been talking about Clemson and the ACC and Dabo. So it is also relevant to Clemson and Clemson football. Ergo this is the correct board.

You are the one trying to make this about politics or religion rather than sticking to the topic sticking to my question. Which clearly had nothing to do with religion or politics.

I would be willing to bet that your answer to my question is no. Because people like you are not going to listen to out kick the coverage because you don’t like their viewpoint when it does come to politics. And you don’t like anyone on here mentioning Clay Travis which is why are you trying to censor me and have this moved to another board or taken down.

Typical liberal. Typical leftist. Typical anti-free speech! I bet you just love cancel culture!

Read your OP again, moron

Nov 25, 2020, 3:10 PM

The subject matter is politics, not sports....

Re: Read your OP again, moron

Nov 25, 2020, 3:15 PM

Wow! You really don’t have very good reading comprehension skills. The topic of my OP is not politics. The topic is Clay Travis and out kick and Jason Whitlock. And the last paragraph of my OP is the question I’m asking people on the board to answer and there is absolutely nothing in that last paragraph, that question, regarding politics or religion. And for you to come away from my OP with the only thing on your mind being politics and religion shows that you are the one with the problem and shows that you are clearly a far left lunatic.

No one forced you to read it, and you read it twice??***

Nov 25, 2020, 8:05 PM [ in reply to Read your OP again, moron ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clay Travis and OutKickJason Whitlock has a specially been interesting to watch. Now it

Nov 25, 2020, 1:49 PM

He said voted for Gary Johnson, not Hillary.

Re: Clay Travis and OutKickJason Whitlock has a specially been interesting to watch. Now it

Nov 25, 2020, 2:23 PM

You are correct. I forgot about that. But he did in fact work for Al Gore and he has in fact been a Democrat until 2016. But thank you for reminding me because he did say he voted libertarian in 2016.

Nov 25, 2020, 1:52 PM

I don’t mix politics with athletics so I don’t (and won’t) listen to any of them. Period.

Nov 25, 2020, 2:27 PM

Good luck living in your little bunker. I’m not saying I like it or agree with it, but it is the current reality we live in.

90% of your post was about politics. Not sports

Nov 25, 2020, 5:13 PM

And that’s what Travis is now. He got popular playing the “stick to sports” “espn is too political” card but now he has become even worse than ESPN with how often he throws politics into sports.

Re: 90% of your post was about politics. Not sports

Nov 25, 2020, 6:07 PM

You clearly missed the point. Clay only talks politics because athletes and ESPN and other journalist are bringing politics into sports. And he pointed out with a quote that has already been around for a while, “go woke, go broke”.

And this year is unique because Covid is playing such a major point in sports and politics because the left and the liberal media and the Democrats have made Covid political to get Trump out of office.

It’s almost impossible to talk sports this year without talking politics as well. But politics in general is not gonna make you go broke it’s talking liberal politics, because America is a center right country and Conservatives in general are far more sports oriented than liberals. Sports are by nature conservative and most sport fans are conservative.

This definitely belongs on the Political board.***

Nov 25, 2020, 1:54 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This definitely belongs on the Political board.***

Nov 25, 2020, 2:26 PM

Lol

Really?

Outkicked your coverage is a sports network. Clay Travis and Jason Whitlock or sports commentators. So please explain. How does this belong on a political board?

I’m asking people on here if they have been watching and reading a very popular sports outlet and two very popular sports journalist that have also been talking about the ACC and Clemson. So again how is that not sports? How was that political?

Disagree. His novelty wore off quickly. He was best when he

Nov 25, 2020, 1:54 PM

was among the first to call out ESPN for their PC/Wokeism. And then pointed to what eventually happened - a massive switch to streaming, cord cutting, and ESPN layoffs.

Since then he's been wrong more than he's been right. On COVID especially.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Disagree. His novelty wore off quickly. He was best when he

Nov 25, 2020, 2:40 PM

Fail!

He is 100% right on Covid and does the math and datss as analysis on his show with the data from the CDC.

You just don’t like the message because it doesn’t fit the liberal Democrat and liberal media establishment narrative. You are a corona bro or either a far left liberal or both.

Clearly you are drinking the Kool-Aid that the main stream media is selling you. I can tell you for a fact Travis is correct because of my personal health and people in my family I have done ours an hours an hours worth of research online and on YouTube watching and reading medical reports and listening to and watching dozens of doctors. Cohen is ######## and this is fear mongering. This has been the liberal media and the Democrats bringing down Trump because it’s the only way they could.

Here are the facts regardless of politics.

1. Positive test does not mean you have Covid. It simply means you have been exposed to Covid and your body now has antigens and other markers to show that exposure.

2. The majority of people that become exposed to Covid and that test positive never show symptoms. If you don’t have symptoms you’re not sick. You may be a carrier but you are not sick.

3. Doctors actually know who the at risk people are and they basically have a checklist and they know which people have a high probability of dying in which people will be fine. They have learned a tremendous amount in the past nine months and when someone gets checked into the hospital they immediately do bloodwork and examine the patient and they have a checklist I can tell them pretty much what to expect. And they’re using that checklist and those probabilities to guide their treatment.

4. Covid is not a pandemic. Covid is a syndemic. The lancet, one of the oldest and best known medical journals in the world, with offices in New York and London, published an article in October explaining why Cove it is not a pandemic. In a nutshell, Covid has a very very very low mortality rate. Covid itself is killing very few people.

In a true pandemic the virus or the disease by itself kills people indiscriminately. It doesn’t care if you’re black or white, old or young, sick or healthy, fat or skinny, it is totally an equal opportunity killer and doesn’t need any other help from anything else!

We have a clearly defined picture now of who does and does not, with a pretty healthy statistical probability, die or not die from Covid. As well as people that will have a short or long hospital stay. We know who the people with a high risk are versus a low risk. Why? Because Covid itself is not killing people. That’s why it is a syndemic.

A syndemic exists when a contagious virus or disease spreads globally but that disease itself Has a low mortality rate. The higher death rate is caused because of the synergy created by the virus with other serious pre-existing health issues to create a larger health concern. It’s the combination of those two things that cause people to die.

Average healthy Americans under the age of 70 have a 99.9% chance of dying from something other than Covid! Unless you have a pre-existing serious health issues Covid is not a concern and the only people that we need to be protecting our people that are old or that have certain pre-existing health conditions. Otherwise everyone else is fine and should be going about their life.

Nov 25, 2020, 2:17 PM

I listened to him for about the first year when he went national with Fox Sports. I think it was the year of the Alabama rematch with DW4.

As Clay owes his success to being an SEC sycophant, I recall his being all up Saban's rear leading up to the game.

Over time I've grown weary of him. I'll listen to a segment here and there but I find his board operators have better takes than him. I assume he still mentions he is/was a lawyer every few segments and his affinity for b00bs.

All that being said, he has found his niche and is crushing it by all appearances

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2020, 2:45 PM

You should check him out now. It’s very entertaining. And what’s wrong with #####? Every sports fan I know likes #####! People on this website, this board, love to post pictures of #####!

Nov 25, 2020, 2:17 PM

Never heard of him and don’t intend to check him out. I am on TigerNet for sports.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2020, 2:52 PM

Lol

Do people like you think you can be taken seriously when you’re obviously lying about something that’s literally impossible to lie about? Do you really think people believe you’ve never heard of Clay Travis or outkicked your coverage or Jason Whitlock?

How old are you?

Do you live in a bubble and only read this board? You don’t watch sports on TV or listen to it on the radio or read anything anywhere other than this one website? Because that’s the only way you could be this clueless.

Nov 25, 2020, 3:12 PM

Sorry - I am too busy to spend time on these places - never visit YouTube at all and have not heard of either guy just like the poster you just criticized. Try a little less holier than thou style.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2020, 3:21 PM

Sorry I just find that hard to believe because anyone that pays even remote attention to sports now so Clay Travis and Jason Whitlock are. You’re telling me you don’t watch ESPN? You haven’t watched ESPN in years? Clay Travis and especially Jason Whitlock or high profile in the sports world. If you even remotely follow sports it’s hard to believe you have never heard of them. Sorry I’m just not buying it.

Haven'twatched ESPN except for live sports

Nov 25, 2020, 3:27 PM

since Spring. Don't really care what their "experts' think about any topic. You don't have to buy it - it is just true.

Nov 25, 2020, 2:27 PM

Clay travis is a know nothing racist a s. s. whole

sorry - rassist

Message was edited by: 1portroyalty®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2020, 2:59 PM

Wow!

Let me guess I bet you support BLM, Antifa, you probably believe in white fragility, you probably think America is racist, you believe in systemic racism, you probably believe in safe spaces and trigger warnings, you probably think a college should be a safe space, you probably love diversity, of everything but of course thought, I bet you do not think children are being brainwashed in public schools and colleges. You probably hate Trump and have probably never voted for a Republican in your life and you probably think Trump colluded with the Russians and you probably think Hillary is wonderful and you probably think Joe Biden is going to be a great president down and that he’s not corrupt than that he’s not senile and how dare those Republicans attack his poor son and you probably think Hillary is an angel and would’ve made a great president. You’re probably all-in on critical race theory.

Did I miss anything?

I’m pretty sure I’m right about all that because only someone that fits that description would think Clay Travis is a racist.

Azzhat?

Absolutely

Racist?

Not even remotely!

Would a racist with a successful business turn around and bring in a black man and give him ownership stake in said business?

If that’s racism then we should all be racist!

Nov 25, 2020, 3:14 PM

Whoops - that TU was a slip of the finger. Meant to use the middle one.

Nov 25, 2020, 3:24 PM

Typical liberal response but sadly 100% predictable.

Nov 25, 2020, 3:29 PM

Liberal response??? Where do you get that from? I despise almost everything liberal. And a lot of other stuff too.

Nov 17, 2020, 2:56 PM

If you’re conservative why would you give me the middle finger for calling out a liberal For labeling someone a racist that is not?

I think we found Clay Travis’s wife here

Nov 25, 2020, 5:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Clay Travis and OutKickJason Whitlock has a specially been interesting to watch. Now it ]

I mean good grief

Nov 25, 2020, 6:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Clay Travis and OutKickJason Whitlock has a specially been interesting to watch. Now it ]

Does Jason Whitlock know this? If not you should tell him...

HEY HEY HEY....don't you know...FSU canceled a game on us!!!

Nov 25, 2020, 2:44 PM

Re: HEY HEY HEY....don't you know...FSU canceled a game on us!!!

Nov 25, 2020, 2:53 PM

I do know and Clay Travis had a very good take on it and supports Dabo and that’s one of the reasons I asked this question because I was curious to see if other people are listening to him and his new network as opposed to ESPN.

I actually started listening to him about two months ago on

Nov 25, 2020, 3:05 PM

1400AM here in Columbia. He's much more relatable than the homer chickens on 107.5 here in town.

Re: I actually started listening to him about two months ago on

Nov 25, 2020, 3:30 PM

What do they have his 6 AM to 9 AM show? Or is it his show but played at a different time slot? Anything else or just his daily show? Is Whitlock‘s daily show on there as well?

Thanks!

FYI he’s clearly an SEC home, but I still think he’s better than most of the alternatives out there. Personally I love Dan Patrick, but he’s all over the place and I prefer to talk about football during football season, especially college football, which tends to be Clay Travis‘s focus right now. But that will change as basketball and baseball roll around but that’s OK that’s the way it should be.

Re: Clay Travis, OutKick, and Jason Whitlock

Nov 25, 2020, 6:01 PM

They are a breath pf fresh air...

Whitlock filled in for Beck this week

Nov 25, 2020, 7:40 PM

on Beck's radio show and was really good.

Replies: 38
| visibility 101
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic