Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gamecock Here
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Gamecock Here

Nov 29, 2014, 10:02 PM

I went to my first Carolina/Clemson game @Clemson today and I just want to say thank you to all the Clemson fans I met today! Yall were nothing but class and to be honest I was expecting it to be bad. I had a great experience and cant wait to come back in two years. Nobody was rude/ignorant and I was pleasantly surprised. Good game and thanks again!!!! Go #####!!!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gamecock Here

Nov 29, 2014, 10:05 PM

If only it were that way when we visited Columbia... Sigh...

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DITTO***

Nov 29, 2014, 10:06 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2014, 10:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Gamecock Here ]

Sorry to hear about that. I assure you that you didn't encounter fans like myself lol. Every fan base has that "crowd"

In Columbia that's most of the "crowd"***

Nov 29, 2014, 10:10 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's the fair weather fringe fans in the area who are so

Nov 29, 2014, 10:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Gamecock Here ]

rude. If SC/Clemson is doing well, they are SC/Clemson fans. The same goes for UGA, GTech, Bama, FSU, Auburn, VTech, and basically any and all schools in the ACC and SEC. Whoever they can make fun of the most people with is the team they chose to pull for at that particular time. You know, they have shirts from every SEC and ACC team and change their alliance not only from year to year, but from sports season to sports season. Expect them to pull out blue now that basketball season is upon us, whether its UK, Carolina, or Duke.

Maybe, but USuC has more than their share of obnoxious fans.***

Nov 29, 2014, 10:47 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is one thing I have never understood

Nov 30, 2014, 9:56 AM [ in reply to It's the fair weather fringe fans in the area who are so ]

Is how someone can pull for so many different teams from sports season to season. So many people say I pull for clemson/scar in football and UNC or 'tuckey for bball.

No, you are wrong. It's pretty much all coots that are rude

Nov 30, 2014, 10:10 AM [ in reply to It's the fair weather fringe fans in the area who are so ]

you must have never been to a game in cootlumbia

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Been to at least 10 games in Columbia. Never encountered

Nov 29, 2014, 10:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Gamecock Here ]

any problems except coot fan grabbing rubber chicken off side mirror while I was in traffic so have had good experiences. Glad you had a good experience in Tigertown.

^^^ What he said^^^^^

Nov 29, 2014, 10:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Gamecock Here ]

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep!! Sorry but...

Nov 29, 2014, 10:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Gamecock Here ]

...we can't say the same when we visit Billy Brice. It's actually notorious for that.

What's up with that anyway?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yep!! Sorry but...

Nov 29, 2014, 10:14 PM

I honestly don't know what to tell yall about that. I guarantee you I am not apart of that crowd. I really don't know what to say. Wish yall had the experience visiting the Brice as I did visiting Death Valley. I will definitely be coming back in two years.

You seem to be...

Nov 29, 2014, 10:24 PM

... a gracious, good attitude fan. Maybe there's still time to see the light and switch allegiance.?.?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You seem to be...

Nov 29, 2014, 10:35 PM

I have been a Gamecock fan since I was about 8 (I am 20 now) but I have to tell you. I thoroughly enjoyed my trip up there. The atmosphere was great, the fans were great, yalls campus is beautiful. Yalls traditions are very cool. I admittedly got goosebumps when the crowd erupted when yall ran down the hill. (first time I TRULY experienced that in person) I like all the songs yall play during the game as well. I wish Carolina would do that. That song we too deep yall play is freacking cool. Overall I give my experience an A++. I count tell you the countless number of Clemson fans coming up to me after the game to say good game and hope I enjoyed myself and have a safe trip home. I loved it. I cant flip though lol. Gamecock through and through. But all of this made the loss hurt a little less. I wasnt even that upset. I thought I was going to be really ticked off. Thanks again!!!

Walk toward the light ... join us!

Nov 30, 2014, 8:29 AM

As the choir sings softly ... There is still time! The buses will wait.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's usually a night game in cootlumbia. Coots don't handle

Nov 29, 2014, 10:16 PM [ in reply to Yep!! Sorry but... ]

Their alcohol very well

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why would you be surprised?...

Nov 29, 2014, 10:09 PM

Clemson has had that reputation forever...even to chickens

Re: why would you be surprised?...

Nov 29, 2014, 10:11 PM

I was surprised because I have never been to Death Valley for this rivalry. So I didn't know what to expect. That is all.

It is God's Country after all***

Nov 29, 2014, 10:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have to have a talk with our folks being nice to a coot

Nov 29, 2014, 10:14 PM

;)

I always tell people I meet that visitors always get treated great, except for gamecocks.

We're getting soft.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have to have a talk with our folks being nice to a coot

Nov 29, 2014, 10:15 PM

lol

Classless chicken fans in Lot 2 postgame

Nov 29, 2014, 10:15 PM

Classlees dirtpeckers in lot 2 after the game.
Grown men in chicken gear pissing in public, cussing at old women, and drunk to the point they didn't know where they were. Not surprised- seems like the chickens that I have always encountered in Death Valley were toothless rednecks.

Re: Classless chicken fans in Lot 2 postgame

Nov 29, 2014, 10:16 PM

Let me apologize on their behalf. We are not all like that. Just saying.

Re: Classless chicken fans in Lot 2 postgame

Nov 29, 2014, 10:30 PM

Thanks for your post. Glad to hear your first visit was a good one. I have long time Gamecocks that are friends of mine and we are all respectful towards each other (most of the time!), so I can attest that "good" fans do exist!

I agree with some other comments about the experience in Columbia, but no need for you to apologize. It is what it is.

Did he have on a garnet suit and wearing a scar football

Nov 29, 2014, 10:17 PM [ in reply to Classless chicken fans in Lot 2 postgame ]

Helmet way to small for his head?

Re: Did he have on a garnet suit and wearing a scar football

Nov 29, 2014, 10:19 PM

lol I know who you are talking about. He was in my section. I dont know how he was behaving but I did see him a couple of times. All the gamecock and tiger fans I sat with got along extremely well.

I am very glad to hear you had a great experience today in Clemson! I think most of the fans who love their schools really want to be good fans and show their pride in their schools. Thanks for sharing!!

Nov 29, 2014, 10:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Did he have on a garnet suit and wearing a scar football ]

Thank you Mr. Cocky, football games are to be fun events, not life and death. I am one glad tiger that you had an enjoyable time....jaybird4

My daughter and I sat next to a couple of South Carolina

Nov 30, 2014, 8:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Did he have on a garnet suit and wearing a scar football ]

Fans and enjoyed our conversation. She told them to pull for their team and we'll pull for ours.

Clemson games tend to be more family oriented

Most people have to drive a while to get to the game, so they take their kids.

USC is more of a party type crowd and a lot of locals with no real connection to the university. Just my opinion.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson games tend to be more family oriented

Nov 29, 2014, 10:39 PM

Now that you mention that I am going to have to agree with you. Didn't even think about that. But yeah your right. Especially when you have 5 points and the vista all within close proximity to the stadium/tailgating areas. The only thing I didn't like about going to the game was the ride in to Clemson. We were in traffic for 2 hours and were only like 10 miles outside of the stadium.

Noon sellouts tend to be that way, traffic bottles up. 3:30

Nov 29, 2014, 10:46 PM

Games usually avoid that mess.

Yes the traffic was horrid

Nov 30, 2014, 8:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson games tend to be more family oriented ]

12:00 kick offs should not be allowed against major opponents. Everyone is getting to the stadium at the same time.

Agree. Clemson stadium is on campus. Lots of grass and

Nov 29, 2014, 10:43 PM [ in reply to Clemson games tend to be more family oriented ]

trees. And yes, it is family oriented. That means less vulgarity and taunting among the fans.

Don't believe any crap you've been told about Clemson. It is MECCA - God's country!!!

Why would you expect a bad experience? Talking to ignorant

Nov 29, 2014, 10:39 PM

people. Cut that out.

Nov 30, 2014, 8:33 AM

Dood you went to a football game- dont thank grown peoples for acting like that have sense

Nov 30, 2014, 9:31 AM

Great post. While this is an intense rivalry, I always appreciate the fans who show class.

Glad you enjoyed

Nov 30, 2014, 10:27 AM

Of the away games for Clemson I have traveled to, only Georgia has been worse than South Carolina. Not sure what the problem is. We always welcome visiting fans in Clemson. Auburn, VT, GT, and FSU fans were awesome. NCST fans are borderline.

I've been to them all and my experience is that..........

Nov 30, 2014, 11:38 AM

NC State fans suck! Though not all of them.

There's bad at every place. But I hate those arsehats in Raleigh.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2014, 11:56 AM

Thank you for the kind words.

Not all fans down in Cola are like what the other posters say. I've had a great time in Columbia.

Glad you had a great time.

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic