Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Charlotte for baseball tourney? (paging baseball fan!)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Charlotte for baseball tourney? (paging baseball fan!)

Nov 6, 2013, 10:43 AM

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/11/05/4441805/bb-t-ballpark-site-of-gildan-national.html

Wikipedia says this is a 10,000 seat stadium.

I am not an advocate of having more ACC championship tournaments in the state of North Carolina. There is already waaaaay too much. However, this facility will be beautiful, Charlotte is an ACC town, attendance would be great, it's reasonably close to the Clemson fan base. And since Swofford thinks the state of South Carolina shouldn't be allowed to have any non-campus championships, this might be the best alternative.

Thoughts? I'm a Charlotte resident so I love the idea for selfish reasons.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Charlotte for baseball tourney? (paging baseball fan!)

Nov 6, 2013, 10:48 AM

The baseball tourney has been in NC for the last several years, so it wouldn't be more. Of course I think the majority of them should be in NC since that is where the league is based and is central.

That's my point (that it's been in NC for several years).

Nov 6, 2013, 10:52 AM

We can move the baseball tournament anywhere and NC already has too many. Most of those championships should be moved away from NC. Certainly basketball.

null

I think charlotte should host all ACC post season stuff

Nov 6, 2013, 10:52 AM

Baseball and basketball tourneys, Football championship. It just makes too much sense. There are 5 ACC schools within 2 hours of Charlotte. 7 with in 4 hours. It has a major airport. Great venues, and is nice city. there are also tons of Clemson, NC State, Wake, UNC, Duke, VT, and UVA fans in charlotte which will provide good attendence.

But becuase of all these reason, everything will probably be in greensboro. They would move football there I think if they had a decent stadium.

Nov 6, 2013, 10:55 AM

the no SC stuff is just a veiled way of belittleing Clemson. Swofford should go and this idiotic policy. YOu've got 4 schools in NC not 14. the homerism needs to stop

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2013, 10:56 AM

It was there a number of years ago. Geographically, the stadium is in South Carolina; that's the reason the tournament hasn't returned. It was an excellent venue!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is a new stadium that is actually in Charlotte.***

Nov 6, 2013, 11:03 AM

Knights Stadium isn't all that great a venue...

Nov 6, 2013, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Charlotte for baseball tourney? (paging baseball fan!) ]

which is why it's being replaced by BB&T Ballpark.

I think that would be a great place for the ACC tournament..

Nov 6, 2013, 11:20 AM

and have thought that for a while. While Charlotte is an "ACC town", it isn't in any team's back yard and is easily accessible for fans. There's lots of places to stay and eat and plenty to do. I'd love to see the tournament in Myrtle Beach, but I guess that won't happen. Fluor Field isn't big enough for the ACC tournament, it's about the same capacity as Doug Kingsmore Stadium. The ACC could set attendance records playing in Charlotte. Since my brother lives in York County, I'd also love to see it played there.

Count me in! Looks awesome.***

Nov 6, 2013, 11:25 AM

It would be an excellent venue but sadly....

Nov 6, 2013, 12:03 PM

John Swofford and his minions seem to be hell-bent and determined to have Greensobor host the tournament for every sport in the ACC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic