Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chapel Hill Parking
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Chapel Hill Parking

Sep 24, 2019, 5:51 PM

I am curious if anyone has experience parking for football games in Chapel Hill. It will be the first time I take my family to a game there and I am trying to figure out what my options are. I don’t mind paying for a spot in advance or day-of.

I had a few coworkers say that parking is a pain for football games so I wanted to see what the board thought.

TIA

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chapel Hill Parking

Sep 24, 2019, 6:38 PM

General Public Lots-https://move.unc.edu/events/football/
or Shuttle Lots by Bus https://www.townofchapelhill.org/town-hall/departments-services/transit/tar-heel-express
...I am taking the Friday Center Bus Shuttle off of I-40 Exit 273A Hwy 54(Go 5 Stop Lights and it will be on the left)...Just me but I just find the shuttle lots have been much more easier to get into to and out of every time I have been to a Clemson Football game in Chapel Hill and the lot parking is free and the also the ticket to get on the bus is cheap at $5 Round Trip to and from Kenan Stadium

The General Administration lot says it has a shuttle

Sep 24, 2019, 7:48 PM

and would cost less for a family of four. Would that be a good option to get a prepaid online parking?

https://move.unc.edu/events/football/

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: The General Administration lot says it has a shuttle

Sep 24, 2019, 8:16 PM

Yea you would save $8 getting a Pre-Paid lot pass($12.20) vs $20 for 4 for the shuttle bus but do you want to sit in the traffic after the game trying to get out of one of those Pre-Paid lots on campus.It's only 15 min. from those 4 shuttle lots to South Road drop off and pick up area,maybe less.

Sep 24, 2019, 8:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Chapel Hill Parking ]

Thanks! TU

Sep 24, 2019, 6:47 PM

If you are interested in taking the shuttle then here is a aerial view of how to get to the Friday Center Park and Ride Lot...there are for 3 other lots but this one is the biggest one of the 4 shuttle lots...https://www.google.com/maps/@35.8993437,-79.0145261,1375m/data=!3m1!1e3

I parked in a parking garage not too far from the stadium

Sep 24, 2019, 7:33 PM

in 2010. I believe it was 10 bucks?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I have a parking pass that I purchased if you want it

Sep 24, 2019, 8:39 PM

near Raleigh Rd and 501, supposed to be 1 mile from the stadium

we had something come up and cannot go

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go to Franklin St, on the side of the street...

Sep 25, 2019, 12:46 AM

...Of the planetarium. Just past the planetarium, heading toward Carborro, on the left, just past the open lawn address where Silent Sam use to be, there is a church that has good parking around the back on the University side. It is an easy walk to the stadium from there. Very reasonably priced.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Re: Go to Franklin St, on the side of the street...

Sep 27, 2019, 7:13 AM

Do you know the name of the church?

Sep 27, 2019, 7:49 AM

https://www.google.com/maps/place/University+United+Methodist/@35.9131146,-79.0532999,18z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x89acc2dd5f44de8b:0x1039943066404a8a!8m2!3d35.9133014!4d-79.0534008?hl=en

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2019, 7:53 AM

That said, there is a sign up at the entrance of the parking lot that says permit required 24/7. But they may have someone standing out there that you can pay to park there

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just called them....sold out. Thanks anyway.***

Sep 27, 2019, 9:12 AM [ in reply to Go to Franklin St, on the side of the street... ]

Re: I just called them....sold out. Thanks anyway.***

Sep 27, 2019, 9:14 AM

Your best bet is one of the park and ride lots off campus, I think a lot of Tigers are parking at the Friday Center, that's where I will be

Sep 25, 2019, 6:21 AM

My group of 9 will be at Friday Center. From what I hear it is the lot most visiting fans use for tailgating and as others have said it is reasonably priced and easy to get in and out of before/after game. I tried using that parkmobile website a few weeks ago to try and get closer to the stadium to walk but the website gave me an error every time I tried to pay so the lots all filled up.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic