Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chad Smith...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Chad Smith...

Jan 18, 2020, 8:35 PM

Why no news on the real reason he saw ZERO snaps in the game? Not even ST? Wadr, I’m hoping at least one ‘reporter’ gets to the bottom of it. The silence is deafening...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chad Smith...

Jan 18, 2020, 8:41 PM

The public reason is "scheme". Also, apparently he was even slower fresh than his slap wore out teammates in the 2nd half. Oh, and the scheme didn't even work.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2020, 8:45 PM

Yea, that makes a lot of sense.... Not!

And I know your post was dripping with sarcasm.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2020, 8:47 PM

It's another chicken vs egg. What came first, the need for a scheme without Chad, or the need to sit Chad with a scheme.

Jan 18, 2020, 8:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Chad Smith... ]

I thought he played 3 snaps?

Jan 18, 2020, 9:02 PM

Why do you want to know?
IF something did happen, why would you want our player or team publicly embarrassed?

Jan 18, 2020, 9:05 PM

because neither is a fan

Jan 18, 2020, 9:08 PM

If a single reporter would ask, we could all move on.

Jan 18, 2020, 9:11 PM

he played 3 snaps...move on

Jan 18, 2020, 9:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Chad Smith... ]

Why do you want to know?
IF something did happen, why would you want our player or team publicly embarrassed?

He’s a team leader and was MVP of the Fiesta Bowl. If ETN or TL just “didn’t play AT ALL”, wouldn’t you be interested why? I could go on and on why I think it’s more than just game day ‘scheme’, but won’t.

I’m just curious why?

Jan 18, 2020, 9:23 PM

Re: answers from coaches, the offseason doesn’t give us a lot of media opportunities with the staff. There hasn’t been one since Monday’s postgame and likely won’t be until signing day next month.

I understand that’s it’s kinda odd but it’s also not unusual for Venables to cook up an odd scheme. He wanted to put out a personnel look that was geared to stop the team that passed for more yards and TDs than any other team in the nation.

Adding up to the 11 you can field, he played his entire safety two-deep (4), his starting corners (2), a trio on the d-line (3), his best blitzing LB to help the pass rush (Skalski; 1) and Isaiah Simmons (1). That’s 11. Smith played 3 snaps but against a empty set-heavy LSU team, he went with more coverage guys.

Jan 18, 2020, 9:35 PM

Wadr, that’s what’s out there, but I find it hard to believe that Jake and Mike Jones played before he did. But hey, I’m not going to belabor the point.

Again, not trying to be a jack ####, just trying to have a conversation.

Jan 18, 2020, 9:41 PM

iron4044® said:

Wadr, that’s what’s out there, but I find it hard to believe that Jake and Mike Jones played before he did. But hey, I’m not going to belabor the point.

Again, not trying to be a jack ####, just trying to have a conversation.

Venables was Skalski’s backup so he went in after the targeting call. Jones only played on special teams per Clemson’s participation report.

Jan 18, 2020, 9:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Chad Smith... ]

And for the record, I’m not looking or hoping for some salacious tale. I’m genuinely interested because he’s been talked about and acts like a model citizen and team player.

Then... poof! He’s gone, not even a thank you, or explanation, interview or anything. It’s a bit disrespectful to him and the time he’s put in, tbh.

Jan 18, 2020, 9:30 PM

Not to mention we needed better TACKLERS on the field, not just simply more speed. Our speed guys, minus Simmons, were the ones missing tackles with jersey grabs. The scheme DID NOT WORK.

Jan 18, 2020, 7:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Chad Smith... ]

Well since Clemson coaches haven’t informed you then the answer is. .... NONE of your business now move along

Jan 18, 2020, 9:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Chad Smith... ]

Well since Clemson coaches haven’t informed you then the answer is. .... NONE of your business now move along

Jan 18, 2020, 9:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Chad Smith... ]

It's a perfectly legitimate question.

Jan 18, 2020, 9:51 PM

I think the likely answer has been given, just not "officially".

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

This is what somebody on the team told me

Jan 18, 2020, 10:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is what somebody on the team told me

Jan 19, 2020, 7:36 AM

This post almost broke the record, the record, the record,...

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic