Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Unbelievable that Nation’s best ypc RB & CU’s best ever wasn’t used for last 1 1/2 quarters!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 2,973

Unbelievable that Nation’s best ypc RB & CU’s best ever wasn’t used for last 1 1/2 quarters!

Jan 15, 2020, 4:40 PM

Saying..Trevor overthrew 15+ passes & was off his game and ETN was causing LSU D some fatigue problems in 3rd and had scored earlier.

Geez!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

got way to pass happy

Jan 15, 2020, 4:45 PM

on a night when lawrence was off we really needed to stick with et..let him do his thing and run clock..the less time they had the ball the better

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

man oh man this exactly

Jan 15, 2020, 4:48 PM

with SO many weapons we could afford to use them in complementary fashion.

yep we got away from what makes us

Jan 15, 2020, 4:51 PM

if the run game isnt there we can pass..if the pass isnt there we can run...but instead we stuck with the pass when it was clear lawrence just wasnt going to settle in

Re: Can’t believe the Nation’s best ypc RB wasn’t used for last 1 1/2 quarters!

Jan 15, 2020, 4:50 PM

Yeah. I totally don't get it. Was he hurt? Was he totally winded? Did he bow out, not wanting to get hurt and ruin his NFL chances? I'm guessing no, no, no. What the heck were TE and JS thinking? And couldn't Dabo overrule any of their play calls?

Jan 15, 2020, 10:43 PM

I don't think for a split second Etienne bowed out. Our coaches choked, plain and simple. I don't blame them. Saban did worse last year. As long as they learn from their mistakes I'm cool with it. They're in a highly competitive, tough business and have shown they're among the best. Hopefully they live up to their slogan, "best is standard". If they do, oh boy!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2020, 4:50 PM

Since it was his last game and TL was having an off night, and we were not going to win w/o TL playing at his best , maybe good for ETN to not risk getting him injured.???

That reasoning is as good as any, I have yet heard.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2020, 4:56 PM

Reminded me of the Alabama game last year where they had a great deal of success when they ran but they insisted on passing so we wiped them out. Once TL didn't settle down we should have adjusted so we were the ones wiped out.

Jan 15, 2020, 4:51 PM

It’s mind boggling. He was a ghost most of the second half. We had SOOOO many 3 and outs with screen plays that went nowhere and missed throws. I totally agree ETN should have been ran 25-30 times that game no doubt.

Jan 15, 2020, 4:52 PM

I felt uneasy after the first play of the game. Gadget play are a bad omen. The Tee reverse was really nice though.

Jan 15, 2020, 5:05 PM

I agree I would like someone to ask Coach for the reason. Makes no sense at all. I can only fault the offense coordinators, but hey don't make millions so what do i know. TL was not having his best day, in fact he admitted it was his worst, so kudos for him to step up and take responsibility.

You know not playing one of the 3 best running backs in the nation and going with what was not working is like selling a product at a loss and justifying if we sell enough, somehow we will make a profit.

I hear Coach saying that it is hard to get to the CFP, to the national championship, so doesn't make sense that we would not try to use all of the arrows in our quiver to win.

I wonder if the expectation is that we will get back to the CFP every year so no worries, if we don't win this year there is always next. Given that Clemson gets no benefit of the doubt, just one misstep a season will keep us from going. Unfortunately i think our success has spoiled us. Hope i am wrong.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the chad morris deluxe.***

Jan 15, 2020, 11:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Can’t believe the Nation’s best ypc RB wasn’t used for last 1 1/2 quarters! ]

Jan 15, 2020, 4:54 PM

I've been saying the same thing for the last 3 days!! Where was Dixon too?

^ Dixon did run once, at least.

Jan 15, 2020, 5:13 PM

Didn’t get much though.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2020, 5:17 PM

Hey Bill. Always appreciate you stirring things up a bit with a little bit of a different twist.

I posted two weeks ago about how I thought our offensive line was going to be the star of the game. I thought that they would not only be able to slow down the game but also grind out yardage Against an aggressive, athletic, but not very strong defensive front.. I thought that Burrow and Company would get theirs, And we would just have to be patient and pound them to dust While we Got ours Using our running backs and Trevor.

Oh well. We will be back next year. Go tigers.

Re: Can’t believe the Nation’s best ypc RB & CU’s best ever wasn’t used for last 1 1/2 quarters!

Jan 15, 2020, 5:46 PM

Agree. Such a disappointing missed opportunity. The way Trevor was throwing I would’ve been fine with giving ETN the ball in the I. At least the clock would’ve been running.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sad to see Etienne go out that way

Jan 15, 2020, 5:53 PM

One the best RBs to ever wear the paw deserved better. When we cut it to 28-25, you could feel momentum changing, and could sense Etienne was about to take the game over. So frustrating to watch.

Re: Can’t believe the Nation’s best ypc RB & CU’s best ever wasn’t used for last 1 1/2 quarters!

Jan 15, 2020, 11:00 PM

Guess everyone would say it is very easy to second guess the coaches after the game......but this is an excellent point LBB.......they could not stop ETN or even Trevor all night from running it but Trevor’s passing game was off the mark most of this game......but we keep trying to throw the ball on 2nd and short instead of just letting Travis have 2 downs to get a 1st down to keep drives going......how many times did we end of punting on the night because we would not let ETN carry the ball.....even Trevor was moving the ball running it successfully and we could have just let him keep it and run it.....you go with what is working for us and it was very apparent the passing game was not working for us Monday night......Go Tigers!!!!!

I'm Glad You Posted This Bill

Jan 16, 2020, 5:30 AM

Just about anyone else would've been thumbs downed and bashed for questioning our coaches. Maybe they have a good reason- I would love to hear it.

Replies: 18
| visibility 2,973
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic