Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can you imagine
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,587

Can you imagine

Nov 7, 2018, 10:19 AM

What Zion would have done for our basketball team? Even if it was just for one season. He was awesome last night against Kentucky. I’ll be surprised if the Blue Devils Lose a game. But I sure hope that they do.!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can you imagine

Nov 7, 2018, 10:35 AM

Get us on probation?

I'm sure Duke will get off clean but there is no way he was coming here without some incentives based on his requests to Kansas.

Hate we missed on a great player but glad we didn't play the game to get him.

I would say I'm glad it's Duke's problem, but

Nov 7, 2018, 11:15 AM

this is apparently acceptable at Duke. The garbage going on in CBB is why I have 0% interest in the sport. It's disgusting. Anyone who thinks Coach K's hands are clean is absolutely delusional. How on earth can you be innocent when it is a known fact that people associated with Zion demanded a slew of "perks" in exchange for Zion's "services" at Kansas and yet Kansas didn't win the bid for Zion, but Duke did? College basketball is dead (to me, at least).

Re: I would say I'm glad it's Duke's problem, but

Nov 7, 2018, 11:22 AM

Just curious why it's dead to you now when crap like this has gone on forever, even John Wooden. It sucks but until the big boys get punished severely, it will continue. Get rid of the one and done and that solves some of the problem. Let be like baseball, go pro or 3 years in school

Nov 7, 2018, 11:40 AM

I agree with you to go to the baseball rules. The reason kids are willing to risk the things that have been going on is because they don't care if they lose their one year of playing college basketball. If a player knows they could be ruled ineligible and have to wait 3 more years to get drafted then that would require a much higher risk.

bingo***

Nov 7, 2018, 12:31 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Nov 7, 2018, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Re: I would say I'm glad it's Duke's problem, but ]

I used to watch college basketball as a kid, and I was completely naive to the possibility of such things going on, as any kid would. Ever since the revelation that UNC (a team I rooted for as a kid) was awarding fraudulent degrees, I started paying attention to it. I understand that it's been going on, I was never aware of it until I got older

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,587
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic