Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
EPIC miscalculation and FAILURE, of bad decision
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 4,090

EPIC miscalculation and FAILURE, of bad decision

Aug 12, 2020, 1:53 PM

by the BIG, & Pac

IF there is a football season this year - their decision will be one of the most disastrous decisions possible.

I hope there is a season even if it's 5 games. They bailed out too soon in my opinion.....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: EPIC miscalculation and FAILURE, of bad decision

Aug 12, 2020, 1:57 PM

I didn't attend any of those schools so I don't care.

At least I will not have B10 games like Rutgers vs Illinois preempting on my local station rather than local Wake vs NC State whatever.

Aug 12, 2020, 2:31 PM

And if a player from the ACC/SEC contracts COVID and is seriously hospitalized or worse....or if there is a massive outbreak on any team, then they'll look good.

Doesn't matter really, there is clearly not going to be football this year

Can you define "clearly" for those of us that have the

Aug 12, 2020, 3:18 PM

stupid?

As of today, it seems like there will be CFB this year. Minus the big 10 and Pac 12 of course...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can you define "clearly" for those of us that have the

Sep 2, 2020, 2:03 PM

I think he was giving us an example of EPIC miscalculation and FAILURE.

if a player gets covid

Sep 2, 2020, 2:19 PM

we can be sure it happened at a game or practice and he wouldn't have gotten sick otherwise

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: if a player gets covid

Sep 2, 2020, 2:38 PM

Haha! You're giving us another example of EPIC miscalculation and FAILURE!!! What I am SURE of is that the is no easy that no coaching staff in the country will be able to isolate 100 plus young college men from their friends, family, and especially members of the opposite sex for 5 (FIVE) months.

What makes you so SURE that a player will only get Covid 19 at practice or during a game.

I'm guessing I'll hear a lot of crickets before I get a reasonable, logical, well thought out response to this post.

Re: What makes you so SURE

Sep 2, 2020, 7:09 PM

To quote that great 20th century philosopher Charlie Brown, "Don't you know a sarcasm when you hear it?!"

Sep 2, 2020, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Re: EPIC miscalculation and FAILURE, of bad decision ]

There has already been football this year!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2020, 7:00 PM

Exactly! ^^^

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2020, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Re: EPIC miscalculation and FAILURE, of bad decision ]

And if a frog had wings.............

Sep 2, 2020, 5:54 PM [ in reply to Re: EPIC miscalculation and FAILURE, of bad decision ]

You are clearly wrong.

Sep 2, 2020, 5:56 PM

Replying to the no football post.

The kids that are playing want to play. It’s their choice

Sep 2, 2020, 8:13 PM [ in reply to Re: EPIC miscalculation and FAILURE, of bad decision ]

They have an extra year of eligibility and an opportunity to opt
out if they want to.

Nobody is holding a gun to their head. Like many of us they don’t want to live their lives in fear.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The kids that are playing want to play. It’s their choice

Sep 2, 2020, 8:45 PM

This!

This post is all people who are concerned about the virus and whether or not to feel guilty about it being played need to know!

Nobody is forcing anybody or anything close to that! If my son was at some school that didn't care about their student athletes like Clemson does and some others - maybe I would be concerned. But, knowing every precaution is being taken and every preventive measure that can be deployed is being used - it would calm my nerves tremendously!
Why so? Because take the same kid and have them not in such an environment and believe it or not their chances probably go up! Missing games because you left the isolation of the football program/operation/team/etc. is the motivation. Kids don't want to miss. I think it's going to motivate these "most" of these young people to keep their distance. If not; the hope is that they are honest before they get tested. Because have it or not - the test happens! May as well be honest!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2020, 11:37 AM

failure

null

Their player unions got what they wanted

Sep 2, 2020, 11:46 AM

They will be safe.

Hahahahahaha

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Sep 2, 2020, 5:27 PM

Are they really worried about the health of the athlete ? Football is a contact sport where the chance of serious injury is greater everyday of practice than the chance getting of Covid-19. If the concern was health .. would there be boxing, would there MMA, or so many other sports ! The concern is social politics and lawsuits. I understand social distancing of fans, I believe that Covid-19 is real and dangerous until we have a vaccine. BUT, we can beat each other on the head until someone passes out and that's ok ?

Poster was being sarcastic.........it's okay......chill out

Sep 2, 2020, 8:36 PM

LOL! Missed that one did ya?

The football players and people around athletics will probably be the safest people on campus! If all - I say - "IF ALL" schools follow best methods for remaining safe during Covid 19 everything should be fine for the players. To include regular testing of course and social "isolation" if you will! If a player leaves the isolation - they must quarantine and be tested before they come around the group again.

I would think some form of the above would be "just about all" you could do to reasonably keep kids safe! As well as the normal mask wearing and social distancing.

The overabundance of caution and fear of the "what if" and as someone mentioned is what is prompting most of this. I get it. For fans I see it being a must; especially because of the close proximity fans will be to people "they don't know the social habits of"!
But a football team, Staff, operation is a pretty tight knit group that I would think(IDK) could be "socially isolated" pretty easy!
IDK. I wish they were playing! But, outside of Ohio State would was going to challenge for the trophy between both the Pac 12 and Big 10?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2020, 8:59 PM [ in reply to Re: EPIC miscalculation and FAILURE, of bad decision ]

Yes!!! When someone writes down their name and chooses to participate, yes, yes, yes!!! We can’t keep making “choices “ for folks that can make their own. Kind of the problem with this country now!

Replies: 19
| visibility 4,090
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic