Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can we upgrade from Spector at linebacker
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Can we upgrade from Spector at linebacker

Jan 8, 2021, 12:25 PM

I know we use that other backer as a hybrid type but does any of our young guys have the ability to learn his position or beat him out?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can we upgrade from Spector at linebacker

Jan 8, 2021, 12:28 PM

Spector played very well this year. And unlike some of our younger LB’s, he does NOT BUST nearly as often.

Jan 8, 2021, 1:14 PM

What are you talking about? Spector was our best and most consistent LB this season...Jones and Skalski missed substantial time...He is athletic as h3ll and has great LB speed for College Football...

Dude long gone are the days of teams having LBs that are 6'2-6'3 250lbs-260lbs ...Everyone is going with more athletic and quick LBs...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Jan 8, 2021, 1:21 PM

Do you think Bentley will be a starter in 2021?

Jan 8, 2021, 1:39 PM

I hope Bentley gets more snaps dude can hit

Jan 8, 2021, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Can we upgrade from Spector at linebacker ]

Bentley is slower than all of our starting LBs and misses more assignments.

His best bet for next season is to win the #2 spot at one of the positions.

He is a great change of pace for blitzes because of his strength but before long opposing OCs will figure out that substitution pattern so he has to become more well-rounded.

Where is this info coming from? Particularly the missed

Jan 8, 2021, 1:53 PM

assignments? He's hardly played, but he has been incredibly productive when he HAS been in

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Where is this info coming from? Particularly the missed

Jan 8, 2021, 2:12 PM

He came in late in the season in a limited capacity and did make some nice plays.

Bentley himself is the one that said he is struggling with assignments and knows he has to improve in that area to see more time on the field.

I am also not saying that he is lost on the field, but he does not know the defense or opposing offenses in the same way that the returning starters know it.

Jan 8, 2021, 1:50 PM

Are you asking if we can upgrade from our leading tackler on defense from this season?

Man I sure hope so because I'm not sure many teams in the country have that luxury to send their previous season's leading tackler to the bench if he is healthy and hasn't left school.

Jan 8, 2021, 2:12 PM

Man. Folks on this board really know football and how to evaluate talent. I'm sure that Auburn and USC could use your help. Clemson's coaches do ok without your help. Good day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2021, 2:22 PM

I'm not sure if your response was actually meant for me or not, but you seem upset.

My question was based on factual information that Spector was the leading tackler for our defense in the 2020 season.

My speculation that we would be in an amazing situation if somebody improves enough and beats out our most productive returning LB is hardly being a football "know-it-all".

Clemson coaches certainly don't need my help but sometimes people enjoy solid information being shared on Tigernet.

Good day to you too.

Spector was actually a strength at OLB

Jan 8, 2021, 3:23 PM

This coming season, Simpson should be much-improved and Barrett Carter is coming on board.

Bentley hits like a boulder but he's probably a career backup.

Re: Spector was actually a strength at OLB

Jan 8, 2021, 3:49 PM

If you want to get kind of an idea as to jist how talented Barrett Carter is, think Myles Murphy. I'm not saying that Carter will come in and take Spector's spot, but he is extremely physically gifted.

Bentley, Patterson, McGuire, Jones Jr, Swint and Allen are all still very young. They are all 1st or 2nd year players. There will a huge improvement in the LBer core next year.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic