Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can we stop with this “oh no not the Jets!!” Nonsense?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Can we stop with this “oh no not the Jets!!” Nonsense?

Dec 6, 2020, 7:53 PM

Listen. The #1 pick is going to go a franchise in a terrible situation. That’s just part of it. People said the same thing about the Bengals last year.

If Trevor goes to the Jets he will not back down from that challenge. Plus look at it as an opportunity to create a new legacy in a place that hasn’t seen a lot of winning. The Patriots were historically a terrible franchise before Brady.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can we stop with this “oh no not the Jets!!” Nonsense?

Dec 6, 2020, 7:55 PM

That’s a great attitude!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2020, 7:59 PM

T_I_P said:

Listen. The #1 pick is going to go a franchise in a terrible situation. That’s just part of it. People said the same thing about the Bengals last year.

If Trevor goes to the Jets he will not back down from that challenge. Plus look at it as an opportunity to create a new legacy in a place that hasn’t seen a lot of winning. The Patriots were historically a terrible franchise before Brady.

Plus, it's the biggest sports media market there is, so he will make a gazillion $$$$ in endorsements.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jets get 2 first round picks. TL and ETN will both be Jets

Dec 6, 2020, 8:00 PM

and they have 19 picks over the next 2 years. It's quite possible half of the entire NY Jets roster in 2022 are players that are currently in college.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jets get 2 first round picks. TL and ETN will both be Jets

Dec 6, 2020, 8:13 PM

I agree; in the long run it may be best for TL to go the Jets; they do have 19 picks in the next two years.

Re: Jets get 2 first round picks. TL and ETN will both be Jets

Dec 6, 2020, 9:55 PM

I completely understand that the worst teams get the first chance to get better. What I do have a problem with is a lot of those teams are bad for a reason. I hope they use some of those 19 picks on OL.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. Look at the Browns, for example....

Dec 6, 2020, 8:04 PM

They have been bad for many years...then got really bad....drafted Mayfield...took a couple of years to figure it out...now they are 9-3 and look like a playoff team.
It wasn’t that many lifetimes ago (ok, maybe 10 years is a long time) that the Jets were in the playoffs.
They do need some better management/leadership though.

Re: Yes. Look at the Browns, for example....

Dec 6, 2020, 11:10 PM

The Browns are a good example. I remember people saying they hoped Watson didn’t go there, and then people were happy he went to Houston because they were a playoff team at the time. Things can change in a hurry in the NFL.

Dec 6, 2020, 8:07 PM

Agreed - where ever TL goes, he will make them better.

If I'm the Jets, I realize that one player won't make the team great. Follow the same route the Cowboys followed with the Herschel Walker trade - get a pile of picks and use them to create a dynasty.

Darnold isn't bad. He isn't TL, but surround him with a top notch OL, RBs and WRs, and the team is now a serious contender.

The Chargers are a team that could win big with TL.

Dec 6, 2020, 11:17 PM

People keep saying that about Darnold, but I don’t see it. They could do worse at quarterback, but dude has 5 touchdowns on the year with 9 interceptions.

He also can’t stay healthy. He’s been in the league for 3 years, has missed at least 3 games in each of those seasons, and has missed a total of 11 games overall.

If Lawrence is truly a generational talent like everyone has been saying then you don’t pass that up. They already have 19 draft picks over the next 2 years so they can actually draft Lawrence and still have a ton of picks to build around him with.

Dec 6, 2020, 11:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Can we stop with this “oh no not the Jets!!” Nonsense? ]

Also, the Chargers have Herbert who has been lighting it up at quarterback this season excluding today.

I can't imagine a better city in which to be a sports hero.

Dec 6, 2020, 8:15 PM

Honestly, TL is going to be very rich very soon, and with just a little success in NYC, he'll be on top of the world. I just hope they can put together a few more pieces of the puzzle.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Dec 6, 2020, 10:56 PM

I just hate to see TL go to any New York team. The media in that area can be brutal and ruthless. They’re straight-up ######## up there.

The Pats had been in a Super Bowl less than 5 years before

Dec 6, 2020, 11:24 PM

there and went to another about a decade before that...The Jets haven't been to a Super Bowl in my lifetime and I'm old as ####

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2020, 11:30 PM

As a lifelong Jets fan, we really have never drafted a QB high. We took Pennington as the first QB off the board in 2000, but that was a wretched QB class and he was a decent player, but not a superstar. The amount of futility we have had at the position, not just from rookies but high priced veterans too, is amazing.

TL is a whole different level and is the type of prospect I have been waiting on them to tank to get for decades.

This is the least talented roster in the NFL though and needs to be gutted. There’s maybe 6 starters of 22 that I’d keep. They’ll need to bring in a top WR free-agent and let him pick the new coach for all I care.

Even though I can’t in good conscious raise my boys as jets fans, they definitely be sporting green #16’s next year.

Like CS73 says:

Dec 7, 2020, 1:15 AM

"As a lifelong Jets fan, we really have never drafted a QB high. We took Pennington as the first QB off the board in 2000, but that was a wretched QB class and he was a decent player, but not a superstar. The amount of futility we have had at the position, not just from rookies but high priced veterans too, is amazing.

TL is a whole different level and is the type of prospect I have been waiting on them to tank to get for decades.

This is the least talented roster in the NFL though and needs to be gutted. There’s maybe 6 starters of 22 that I’d keep. They’ll need to bring in a top WR free-agent and let him pick the new coach for all I care.

Even though I can’t in good conscious raise my boys as jets fans, they definitely be sporting green #16’s next year."
TLaw16 loves me. and so does Renfrow13. Stop with your broken promises

Have to disagree with you.

Dec 7, 2020, 12:06 AM

The main reason why people don’t want to see Trevor go to the Jets is not because they suck at football.
It is because as a franchise they don’t care about investing enough for being successful.

From coaching to management that are the worst run franchise is the NFL.

Trevor going to a terrible team is not a bad thing. Seeing Trevor forced into an organization that will set him up for failure is the problem.

If the Jets fire everyone on staff and pay up for a great coach to go with Trevor, it will be a different story.

Dec 7, 2020, 1:24 AM

The Pats were okay with Beldsoe, but I agree with you. TL and the Jets will do great things. The past doesn't matter.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic