Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can we stop marveling at basic ugly shovel pass/sidearm throws?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,607

Can we stop marveling at basic ugly shovel pass/sidearm throws?

Nov 27, 2020, 7:05 PM

It’s like Patrick Mahomes syndrome. Announcers lose their minds when a QB backhands an ugly 6 yd pass to an open receiver - it’s really not hard, or creative! A simple 10 yard out, well-located routine spiral is actually much more impressive when you think about it - which one can you do? The novelty has worn off

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

360 between the leg 60 yard perfect spiral TD

Nov 27, 2020, 7:10 PM

to the back corner of the endzone was my nickname in high school. Mahomes ain’t nuthin

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can we stop marveling at basic ugly shovel pass/sidearm throws?

Nov 27, 2020, 7:41 PM

Shovel passes are nothing. Easy to execute and usually fools defenses.

Sidearm are often difficult and some QBs just can't do them. I know some people here are loathe to give Mahomes credit for anything, but he's the best I've ever seen at them. He didn't invent amazing sidearm throws but he's taken them to another level.

Maybe I should’ve been more specific

Nov 27, 2020, 7:58 PM

Was referring to “impromptu” shovel-type throw due to running toward the sideline, across body awkwardness like Book did in the ND game, and sporadically happens in NFL games. Point being, it is marveled at as one of those “holy cow, I can’t believe he attempted that and completed a forward pass by under handing a wobbling duck football toward a receiver” when in reality it was simply a high percentage chuck of a couple yards. It shouldn’t be mind blowing, like announcers make it out to be and show on replay over and over again like “look at this crazy backyard football play”

Maybe I should’ve been more specific

Nov 27, 2020, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Can we stop marveling at basic ugly shovel pass/sidearm throws? ]

Was referring to “impromptu” shovel-type throw due to running toward the sideline, across body awkwardness like Book did in the ND game, and sporadically happens in NFL games. Point being, it is marveled at as one of those “holy cow, I can’t believe he attempted that and completed a forward pass by under handing a wobbling duck football toward a receiver” when in reality it was simply a high percentage chuck of a couple yards. It shouldn’t be mind blowing, like announcers make it out to be and show on replay over and over again like “look at this crazy backyard football play”

Nov 27, 2020, 8:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Can we stop marveling at basic ugly shovel pass/sidearm throws? ]

Agree. Got to give credit where credit is due. Just wait til Trevor gets a couple years in the NFL and he'll make mahomes look average.

As for what book did on that lucky one which could easily been a pic six. The other one was actually a great catch by the receiver. Neither was worth a mention. Kirk was about to make me throw up how he was gushing all over book.

ND most likely gets beat if uncheat didn't have to play with a high school corner. A healthy Clemson or Bama will curbstomp ND. Should make book put an asterisk next to beating a number 1 team... Should be noted that number 1 team was playing with the 2nd and 3rd string.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2020, 8:04 PM

That was nothing but luck.When thing go right you can make them.I will say Book has improved from past years he is twitchy and reminds me of LSU qb last year

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,607
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic