Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can someone please explain to me why 9 doesn't
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Can someone please explain to me why 9 doesn't

Sep 10, 2018, 10:17 AM

get a minimum of 20 touches a game? 8 carries Sat. night ! That guy is like CJ, a threat every time his hands are on the ball.
I'm at a loss as to the play calling in first two games.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can someone please explain to me why 9 doesn't

Sep 10, 2018, 10:19 AM

Beyond stupid that he doesnt . That one of the OC's is his position coach makes it even more puzzling and annoying.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2018, 10:25 AM

Our staff, and maybe the HC is reason, seems to feel an obligation to get everyone on offense touches. They all talk the talk about how being in rythem is important, yet they won't leave a guy in the game long enough to get in rythem. In a game like Sat, night, with 59 snaps, you give your #1 guy about 40 snaps and his backup gets the rest!! Rotate the #2 Spot if you want, but don't sit #9 if he can play. That's just stupid!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good ?***

Sep 10, 2018, 10:20 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Sep 10, 2018, 10:24 AM

Yeah definitely frustrating that kelly continuously gets more carries than Travis. Kelly is a good runner but he is not our best runner. He seems to be better on the designed run directly out of the shotgun or when he scrambles. He seems to struggle running with the RPO. But the fact they don't do more conventional screens (especially when the defense is blitzing a lot like A&M) and regular handoffs to ETN is surprising. The guy is a freaking beast to bring down. Play calling this year has been suspect to say the least. But good win never the less.

Sep 10, 2018, 10:29 AM

ET needs more carries true but late KB may be called upon to run to avoid turnovers and it gives you an extra blockers. there is a time and place for both but ET definitely needs more work.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was thinking the same thing about Tee Higgins...

Sep 10, 2018, 10:26 AM

The secondary was A&M's weakness and none of them could jump with Tee.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

He definitely needs more touches.***

Sep 10, 2018, 10:27 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

perhaps.... after watching hours and hours of film

Sep 10, 2018, 10:32 AM

from games and practices, the coaches feel that the best chance to win is calling the plays they call

duuno. .just a guess. . I'm not an expert Internet coach.

I'm a dumb 2 bit baseball coach soon to be an even worse church league basketball coach.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I totally understand .. I don't know squat about coaching

Sep 10, 2018, 10:44 AM

football. I trust those guys completely, that's their job. Just seems to me we are not committed to running the ball.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please

Sep 10, 2018, 10:34 AM

Free ETN!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2018, 10:36 AM

Play calling stinks.I can’t understand why we can’t run the ball.We are a pass first team regardless of what some say.With three able bodied good running backs we should be able to run more.We won’t even give the ball to a running back when we are trying to run the clock out towards the end of the game.I think we need some one to add some plays to our play book.Running the same plays three or four years in a row someone is gonna catch on

We are a pass first team with a running QB

Sep 10, 2018, 11:06 AM

In fact ETN is another blocker fo KB. Coaches will hopefully smell the coffee.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well to start...We only had 59 offensive plays

Sep 10, 2018, 10:37 AM

If we had closer to 90 then he would have seen the ball more.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

3 of his 8 runs were successful***

Sep 10, 2018, 10:40 AM

Sep 10, 2018, 10:43 AM

You don't see this crap from other teams. Take Wisconsin for example, Jonathan Taylor carried the ball 33 times on Saturday for 257 yards! The next guy up only got 9 touches. Quit messing around and let someone eat for a change. 20 carries should be the minimum unless wer'e going backwards on every play. I felt like we called a lot of pass plays on 1st down that didn't go anywhere, leaving us with long yardage on 2nd and 3rd too often.

Sep 10, 2018, 10:50 AM

I dont believe we have Wisky's Oline.

Sep 10, 2018, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Can someone please explain to me why 9 doesn't ]

That's probably why Wisconsin has been winning and playing for national championships over the last few years.

Sep 10, 2018, 10:55 AM

Understand that but just pointing out their running game. We could have a much more dominant run attack imo. I guess we just don't have the oline but it definitely isn't for a lack of size/weight.

Sep 10, 2018, 10:57 AM

The OL doesn't help IMO, but I think a large part of it has been the defense loading up and daring us to throw.

Sep 10, 2018, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Can someone please explain to me why 9 doesn't ]

Success, especially in the running game, starts up front. Draw your own conclusions!

How do you think this would affect our QB/WR recruiting? TIA***

Sep 10, 2018, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Can someone please explain to me why 9 doesn't ]

Sep 10, 2018, 10:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Can someone please explain to me why 9 doesn't ]

For instance. Wisconsin vs. Ohio State in the Big 12 title game last season. Their leading rusher had 15 carries for 41 yards, and as a team they rushed 32 times for 60 yards. Outside of Alabama, it's easier said than done to just say you're going to run the ball 20-30 times per game with your power running back, and win against elite teams.

Wisconsin also doesn't have a QB who can run. Nor does

Sep 10, 2018, 10:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Can someone please explain to me why 9 doesn't ]

it use RPO's where the QB can hand it off or take it himself. Etienne should have likely had a few more carries instead of KB, but our offense is nothing like Wisconsin's so it's a poor comparison.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic