Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can someone explain how the ACC new schedule plan is
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Can someone explain how the ACC new schedule plan is

Jul 16, 2020, 1:02 AM

Any safer to play than the old schedule? It appears to me they’re doing something just so they won’t be criticized for doing nothing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure... here's the explanation

Jul 16, 2020, 6:07 AM

1. A conference only (+ Notre Dame) schedule allows the ACC to implement and enforce uniform COVID testing and quarantining protocols. The G5 and particularly the FCS teams simply cannot afford to do regular testing. Neither does the ACC have the ability to enforce protocols on other leagues.

2. A reduced number of games leaves open dates for make-up games in case protocols result in a team(s) being unable to complete on the regular scheduled date due to a mid season COVID outbreak.

-> Note: I suspect that the ACC and SEC might attempt to do something to enable the traditional rivalry games between the conferences to occur (but maybe not).

Hope that helps. This information was obtained from national college football reporters who have been talking behind the scenes with the Athletic Directors, Commissioners, and coaches about their contingency plans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: Sure... here's the explanation

Jul 16, 2020, 9:29 AM

2. A reduced number of games leaves open dates for make-up games in case protocols result in a team(s) being unable to complete on the regular scheduled date due to a mid season COVID outbreak.

Pretty easy to come up with a list of teams that THIS could benefit...as well as the teams that would never be allowed to benefit from it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can someone explain how the ACC new schedule plan is

Jul 16, 2020, 9:24 AM

Diversion to make it look like they are doing something till they inevitably cancel the season. Expect nothing of any substance from Swoff. He's checked out

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can someone explain how the ACC new schedule plan is

Jul 16, 2020, 9:38 AM

Yep...just doing what they can do it looks like they are doing everything in their power to play the season before the reality sits in that the season will be cancelled! All fall sports will be cancelled...there’s no logistical way to have competition without passing the virus around and players having to sit out which will mean a competitive imbalance or simple chaos ... it’s just not logical that this can happen...with the one exception that everyone says hey, we don’t care and we are playing everyone who is physically able whether they have the virus or not and whatever happens...happens...that’s the only way this works!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic