Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can anyone, without using Kent St, make me feel
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Can anyone, without using Kent St, make me feel

Oct 1, 2017, 10:51 AM

better about the passing game?
Cain looked like he shortarmed a couple potential catches, incl 1 in the endzone.

RR3 and Renfrow seem to be the only 2 consistent WRs.

Yes, Overton has come up with some plats, but seems like the rest of the WR squad is absent.

Thoughts?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Can anyone, without using Kent St, make me feel

Oct 1, 2017, 10:55 AM

Will admit being a little disappointed in the young receivers so far. Will need them to step up later...plus KB is gonna have to stop overthrowing them when open as well....still some work to do.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2017, 10:59 AM

What alot of people forget is we played some pretty good teams and most of them at their place at night, with this defense Dabo just isn't going to take alot of chances on offense and for the most part it works.

KB missed a few last night but Watson over threw a bunch early last year too. I think they roll the next couple of weeks.

Message was edited by: keith75®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2017, 11:00 AM

I'll have a go. And I won't even try refuting that the passing game isn't what we've been used to. Heck, I won't even try to pump sunshine about KB "dialing it in" as the season progresses.

Instead, I say don't worry because that's not our offense this year. We've been WRU for several years now. And while I believe we will continue to improve, it doesn't matter.

Our offensive strategy this year is focused around KB's ability with his feet and a really strong RB group. Just another testament to our coaching staff in my opinion. They're not stubbornly trying to make our players fit their system, but instead they're making the system fit our players.

So, there you have it. My .02 cents.

I've thought this too, but seems like we'll need to find

Oct 1, 2017, 11:15 AM

better balance to win against top competition (CFP).
I think Aub has a legit D. While Lvul and VT are top 20 teams, I never thought either would be a threat bc of their D.
I guess I'd like to know we can win with the passing game if we are getting stuffed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Oct 1, 2017, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Can anyone, without using Kent St, make me feel ]

you hit it on the head. you always coach to the talent you have not what you wish you had!

We're 5-0

Oct 1, 2017, 11:03 AM

We won't play another ranked team unless NCst or FSU somehow sneak in at the bottom.
We have plenty of games to get the passing worked out. We have done exceptionally well with a B- passing game. KB does great on deep balls and sure he missed some but there's also been brick hands on WRs and good defense. We have an excellent run game so I think we're going to be just fine.

Did you ever hear the joke about the little boy who won...

Oct 1, 2017, 11:07 AM

the a watermelon at the county fair? Evidently, he just pulled out enough to win. We've shown just enough to win 5 games with three of them against team which will win a lot of games this season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure. KB2 is throwing for about 8 YPA which is more than Watson averaged last year.

Oct 1, 2017, 11:11 AM

We've just gone from 52% pass to 38% pass this year. Playcalling has been really conservative, especially when ahead. Not saying Bryant can carry the team like Watson, but he's done very well when we've opened up the offense. Coaches have just had a habit of going into a shell offensively as soon as we get a decent lead. That's not necessarily a bad plan with this defense.

KB2 was actually great last night. He averaged like 9 yards a pass and (adjusted to remove sacks) he had 16 carries for 109 yards (nearly 7ypc). The rest of the run game stunk. 24 carries for 52 yards. That's partly VT and partly our OL just not really being dominant yet. We still can't run on teams like auburn and VT and we likely won't be able to run a lick against Bama if we do meet them again, which probably doesn't bode well for us. I don't KB is at a point where he can carry the team to a win against Bama, but very, very few QBs can.

Bryant has been very good, just not an elite game changer.

Oct 1, 2017, 11:18 AM

I agree about Cain. He just does not look like himself. This is not a knock on him, but I am not surprised, considering the loss of WRs from last year.

What we've seen so far is what I would expect, considering the loss at QB and WR. We just need more time for further development.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Oct 1, 2017, 11:32 AM

KB is prwtty accurate but sometimes the ball sails high. Cain ran 2 nice routes last night amd the ball wemt over his head. Last night was Cains best effort of the year. Should have had 2 tds..

Oct 1, 2017, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Can anyone, without using Kent St, make me feel ]

I like Cain a lot, but I think he serves better as a #2 option, but we just don't have a true #1 guy like a Mike Williams right now.

Oct 1, 2017, 11:22 AM

we are genrealy good. Had a few drops last night we normally wouldnt. When does hunter take one to the ground and not hold it. -

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2017, 12:58 PM

Looked like that ball was kicked out Hunter's hands, go back and take a look.

Relax. October just started today. Young players

Oct 1, 2017, 11:32 AM

will step up if Cain can't get it done. Some of it is also on KB.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2017, 11:41 AM

Difference between a two touchdown Win and a 4 touchdown win .

Oct 1, 2017, 11:47 AM

I can't make you feel better. Definitely a different scheme so far this year.

I do wish KB improves on those high throws. It's just too frequent and has killed the timing on almost every WR screen.

I do like his down field ball. Even though he overthrew Cain, it's been his most consistent throw. Some of the receiving core has to step up and help him. Especially on those back shoulder and one on one balls. Less aggressive than I've seen in the past. I think that showed in two or three cases last night.

Overall, can't complain with the results. Always something to work on.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2017, 11:56 AM

Cain is finding out what Mike Williams had to go through, the attention of being the main deep target and drawing the other team's best cover CB. It seems like the staff is only wanting KB to throw when he has to. 5-0, no one is going to question their methods.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2017, 12:02 PM

Maybe this helps...

Jalen Hurts averaged 185 yards per game and a completion percentage of 62% last year and they handily made it the championship game. Bryant so far has averaged 212 yards at 66%.

Our coaching staff is wisely playing to our strength. It has worked out fine and I believe will continue to do so. Bryant is continually praised by commentators for his long ball ability. Plus, our Oline for whatever reason is not playing to the level of last years line giving Kelly less time. Kelly is not Deshaun (who is?) but he's a very good QB and should lead us easily into the playoffs.

Eyeroll and sigh***

Oct 1, 2017, 12:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2017, 12:37 PM

> better about the passing game?
> Cain looked like he shortarmed a couple potential
> catches, incl 1 in the endzone.
>
> RR3 and Renfrow seem to be the only 2 consistent WRs.
>
>
> Yes, Overton has come up with some plats, but seems
> like the rest of the WR squad is absent.
>
> Thoughts?

My thought is you should enjoy the run game and stop worrying about the passing game. Our passing game is good enough that we have won every game so what more do you need?

Oct 1, 2017, 12:45 PM

I do think we'll get a chance over the next few games to get the young receivers more involved. That experience along with KB getting more and more reps could make this offense look much different by the time the ACC Championship and CFP rolls around.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic