Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can anyone explain to me why Gundy is having to apologize about wearing a news network shirt?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 56
| visibility 1

Can anyone explain to me why Gundy is having to apologize about wearing a news network shirt?

Jun 18, 2020, 9:21 AM

I seem to have missed something. If Dabo wore a The Blaze or MSNBC shirt, I wouldn't be offended and expect any apology.

Can anyone help?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it Is ridiculous. When the pendulum swings it is always

Jun 18, 2020, 9:37 AM

going to swing a bit too far. This is one of those cases. I do think the majority of people see this as a non issue. It’s always the fringe 20% on both sides that create these types of issues.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you been asleep the last 3 days?***

Jun 18, 2020, 9:39 AM

Apparently...

Jun 18, 2020, 9:42 AM

some OSU RB doesn't like it and "won't stand for it".

Just one more example of people who advocate for acceptance and tolerance often being some of the least accepting and tolerant people you'll encounter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Apparently...interesting the kid who is upset

Jun 18, 2020, 11:03 AM

is Canadian I believe. The OAN is the One America Network. Maybe he fears doing away w Canada. Putting Trudeau (who once dressed in black face) out of a job.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can anyone explain to me why Gundy is having to apologize about wearing a news network shirt?

Jun 18, 2020, 9:46 AM

Welcome to the new America. Before long a coach won’t be able to drive a White Car .

People are going to learn to walk on egg shells for the

Jun 18, 2020, 10:05 AM

sensitive folks in this world.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This might help.

Jun 18, 2020, 10:29 AM

https://www.investmentwatchblog.com/five-ridiculous-examples-of-twitter-mob-rule-and-cancel-culture-killing-any-remaining-freedom-of-thought-and-discussion-in-society/

Re: Can anyone explain to me why Gundy is having to apologize about wearing a news network shirt?

Jun 18, 2020, 10:29 AM

Who really gives a rats ax ?
Moving on .

Football .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 18, 2020, 11:24 AM

I like to think of a John McKay or Bob Knight in their hey day responding to these type dilemmas. I'm sure it would have been handled with great sensitivity. And someone would have run till they dropped.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 18, 2020, 10:35 AM

Liz Wheeler, OAN Anchor, said that BLM is a farce and
that set Chuba Hubbards adrenalin in high gear.

Jun 18, 2020, 10:38 AM

Why was Chuba watching OAN in the first place?.....ohhhhhhhh. I wonder if outrage is greater if you have to be told that you need to be outraged.

Jun 18, 2020, 12:54 PM

Probably seen it on a cnn or msnbc replay.

Thank you for an actual explanation***

Jun 18, 2020, 10:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Can anyone explain to me why Gundy is having to apologize about wearing a news network shirt? ]

Read if you dare

Jun 18, 2020, 10:36 AM

You can make this about the t-shirt if you want, but it's really about Gundy's beliefs that lead him to think that OANN is a network that "just reports the news." Also, that network is in the tank for Trump in a way that makes Fox looks like the opposition party...and don't forget that Trump called protesting NFL players (WHO WERE SIMPLY TAKING A KNEE!!!) SOB's. That shirt and his support of OANN tell you a lot about Gundy and what he truly believes, and none of it is gonna help him gain and keep the support of young black players who finally are having their voices heard for reasons unrelated to how many tackles they had or yards they gained. Look at the comments of players--both former and present. Gundy is not getting the same support as Dabo because even though their political views may be similar, Dabo isn't calling his black players "hood rats."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexreimer/2020/06/16/if-mike-gundy-loves-oan-then-chuba-hubbard-is-right-to-think-about-boycotting-oklahoma-state/#6b4f04c5601f

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/oklahoma-state-players-allege-racism-from-mike-gundy/b9vaqvqss2mj17do5jc66pzpz

I love that we've gotten to the point...

Jun 18, 2020, 10:52 AM

that watching a tv show thats considered far right is basically a social hate crime. But wearing a far left organizations shirt would be championed. It does appear Gundy has some issues with his team and he's always seemed to be a bit off. But its not a crime he wore that shirt and maybe his players that took to social media aren't any better than him with how they handled the situation.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Jun 18, 2020, 11:20 AM

Typical left wing agenda where tolerance and acceptance is definitely a one way street and if you don't agree with their liberal ideology, you're automatically labeled a racist, bigot or hatemonger.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: ^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Jun 18, 2020, 11:30 AM

and they get away with it. Zero questions or repercussions. I've said many time here- I'm fine with a standard but not a double standard

Grundy may as well begin negotiating this severance

Jun 18, 2020, 10:56 AM [ in reply to Read if you dare ]

package.

He has lost his grip on the team. They will no longer respect him because he let a player dictate terms to him.

Never mind that he bowed to the will of his star player. The team recognizes weakness when they see it.

He’s a goner.

Re: Read if you dare

Jun 18, 2020, 10:58 AM [ in reply to Read if you dare ]

Yet if he'd worn an MSNBC shirt which, whether you agree or not, is the left wing equivalent, then all would be OK in OSU land. Its the typical left wing play where if you offend them you are supposed to apologize but if they offend you then you should shut your mouth and do what your told. How tolerant and accepting.

Jun 18, 2020, 12:10 PM

Unfortunately, we, the moderate conservative silent majority may be too silent.

Jun 18, 2020, 1:51 PM

There is no silent majority anymore man. Stop believing that. We are clearly the minority now.

Jun 18, 2020, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Read if you dare ]

I'd fire him for that stupid haircut. Must think he is Billy Ray Cyrus

Jun 18, 2020, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Read if you dare ]

really about clemson32's beliefs that lead him to think that MSNBC or CNN is a network that "just reports the news."

Jun 18, 2020, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Read if you dare ]

If this is about how gundy has treated his players, then they should have "protested" his behavior (and rightfully so).

Their RB should not have protested about what he wore.

By the way, while Trump might not be politically correct, he has done more for the black community and minorities than obama.

he doesn't have to and hopefully won't, they know they can

Jun 18, 2020, 11:03 AM

strong arm him and categorize him if he doesn't. There's really nothing to be sorry for... its a news network that doesn't peddle liberal/progressive ideology. Its pretty scary that people don't critically think about the "down the road" scenario.

Re: he doesn't have to and hopefully won't, they know they can

Jun 18, 2020, 12:06 PM

But once you apologize you are accepting their premise of being guilty, which then justifies their initial misplaced outrage.

100%. I meant "does it" not "doesn't". ...phonics trap.***

Jun 18, 2020, 1:36 PM

Re: 100%. I meant "does it" not "doesn't". ...phonics trap.***

Jun 20, 2020, 5:07 PM

Down the road scenario?

$3.25 million / yr. _ $30.0 + million over 8 years

Jun 18, 2020, 11:28 AM

One can buy a lot of tee shirts with that money. Gundy has on his own free will decided to change his position _ could be money, cold be player / recruit relationships, could be he woke up to social injustices? Could be a combination?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 18, 2020, 11:35 AM

no one can argue OAN is a mainstream news outlet-
OAN would NOT support the protest or what Coach Swinney said-
in fact they would be critical of it-
maybe it is just who posts messages, but there seem to be a lot of angry people out there-angry
about all the movement to change society- it is going to happen with or without you
OAN clearly thinks any societal change is wrong

Grow up, literally

Jun 18, 2020, 12:48 PM

Nothing is going to change, except possibly the plight of the black American to worsen. If you had enough sense to look into and understand history, just back 50-60 years, you would see the evidence as to why nothing will change.

These basic same events have happened in the past. Look where the black community is now compared to then. It is easy to argue they actually had a peak in the late 80s with respect to race relations and upward mobility.

What the black community needs is to act more like an asian community, where education and family values are important. Where kids respect authority at home and at school.

What is the democrats solution? Tell them their situation is 100% due to whites and whites can 100% fix the situation. Ain't gonna (and can't) happen.

Per Dabo, change starts from the inside. If you think he was referring to white people only, you're dumber than we all thought.

Jun 18, 2020, 12:07 PM

Sure, I can.

It is very simple------

1st Amendment exists if you agree with progressive policies only.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 18, 2020, 12:14 PM

The Rules
"Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have."
"Never go outside the expertise of your people."
"Whenever possible go outside the expertise of the enemy."
"Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules."
"Ridicule is man's most potent weapon."
"A good tactic is one your people enjoy."
"A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag."
"Keep the pressure on."
"The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself."
"The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition."
"If you push a negative hard and deep enough it will break through into its counterside."
"The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative."
"Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it."

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 18, 2020, 2:22 PM

1. Abolition of private property in land and application of all rents of land to public purpose.

2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.

3. Abolition of all rights of inheritance.

4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.

5. Centralization of credit in the hands of the state, by means of a national bank with state capital and an exclusive monopoly.

6. Centralization of the means of communication and transportation in the hands of the state.

7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the state; the bringing into cultivation of waste lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.

8. Equal obligation of all to work. Establishment of Industrial armies, especially for agriculture.

9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country by a more equable distribution of the population over the country.

10. Free education for all children in government schools. Abolition of children's factory labor in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production, etc.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chuba Hubbard actually got attacked more

Jun 18, 2020, 12:26 PM

For his response to it than Gundy got attacked. Several right wing media people picked up the story and attacked Hubbard. Many of whom don’t even follow college football at all.

Gundy was not the victim here ultimately. Hubbard was too reactionary and emotionally on social media and he got destroyed for it by the right wing media.

but since right wing media loves to play victim, the story will be that Gundy got abused for it. When really all he had to do was give a half ### apology and get less reaction than Hubbard got.

Jun 18, 2020, 12:28 PM

Gundy didn’t have to apologize for wearing the OAN shirt but it was in his best interest to do so. OAN is a far right wing news network that pushes an alt right agenda and promotes wild conspiracy theories.

John Oliver dedicated an entire Last Week Tonight to the network.

https://youtu.be/UnSILVWDKL8

If you want to be a successful football coach on the D1 level, then you need to be able to recruit young African American kids. Polling suggests that demographic does not agree with the the views of the OAN network. Wearing a shirt of that network would be a mistake in my humble opinion and I hope that our football coaches do not subscribe to the rhetoric spewed from its platforms (or if they do they don’t let the football players know about it).

Jun 18, 2020, 12:59 PM

If you watch that idiot you are burning your brain with
commie thoughts. I saw him one-time flipping channels and
after hearing him for 2 mins. I shot the screen with my
handgun.

so if youre taking the worst of a news organization then why

Jun 18, 2020, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Can anyone explain to me why Gundy is having to apologize about wearing a news network shirt? ]

not do that for all news organizations. Heck why not do that to just ONE ultra liberal news network? Is it not puzzling to you that there has yet to be a ultra left news source threatened to be shut down or labeled as hate speech? They preach to structural distrust, inciting racism, generalizing tragedies as systematic plots why certain races towards others. How many liberal outlets have been censored by Twitter or Facebook? The fact that only one political leaning is the ONLY one that has to make changes has to start troubling people or at least provokes us ask the question as to "whats going on here?"

Keeping both (right/left) out of the gutter, is the goal. Not one over the other.

Re: so if youre taking the worst of a news organization then why

Jun 18, 2020, 2:10 PM

Good points. Where all all the honest people on the left to come out and end this craziness as vigorously as they defended an artist to put a cross in urine or graphic sexual displays? Where is the ACLU? Show is that you are driven by principles and not by agenda.

Jun 18, 2020, 1:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Can anyone explain to me why Gundy is having to apologize about wearing a news network shirt? ]

How do their conspiracies compare to all of us being told for years that our POTUS was a Russian spy by people who told us they had incontrovertible evidence they would release at some point (still waiting BTW). Because that's a pretty big one yet literally every left wing news outlet pushed this "theory" as fact for years. Cant wait for your big expose on their kookiness and bias. Oh wait....

Jun 18, 2020, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Can anyone explain to me why Gundy is having to apologize about wearing a news network shirt? ]

MSNBC is a far left wing news network that pushes a progressive agenda and promotes wild conspiracy theories.

About as true. Same for CNN, mostly, too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 18, 2020, 1:49 PM

Yes I can explain. Because our culture has slowly rotted out for 30 years and now it’s come to roost, we are in the midst of a Marxist revolution and all I get to read is about “both sides”, there is one side controlling the entire power complex of this country (higher education, media, entertainment, and most corporate boards).

Devil Dog - load up and find a safe state and county to settle your family.

Jun 18, 2020, 2:38 PM

I am old. I was raised in a very Democratic leaning family. After years in the US Navy I came to realize two very real things. One,we have not had a true Democrat in the White House since John F. Kennedy died for his beliefs,and I came to totally hate the press. The news was reported. Now fabricated to meet personal agendas. Yes I remember JFK really well.Damn LBJ and communism . God bless the USA and Go Tigers!

Jun 18, 2020, 2:57 PM

so does that mean you think OAN is a legitimate news source?
OAN has said black lives matter is a fake movement-
Do you think Coach Swinney would agree with that?
What about Trevor? Or Mike Jones?
You either support the kids or you don't.
If you think supporting the team and their protest is a liberal position then I guess you don't support Coach Swinney and the team.

all of you angry old white people- I am one myself- need to read Coach Swinney's statement-
if you don't support the kids then why don't you post on an OAN chat room?

Jun 20, 2020, 5:17 PM

It's a Marxist movement.

In this thread...

Jun 18, 2020, 4:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 18, 2020, 4:26 PM

Gundy is a football coach. His job requires him to recruit and play the best players if he hopes to win football games. Most of the best football players are black. Gundy's error in wearing the shirt was that it called attention to the fact he is insisitive to the thoughts, feelings, and politics of a majority of his players. When one of his players pointed that out in a public forum it became imperative to Gundy's success on the field that he take big steps back toward his players. Nothing mattered but what his players thought and what they told him was important to them. What you or I os msnbc thinks of Gundy's opinion or shirt is immaterial.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2020, 11:47 AM

You do realize that saying "most of the best football players are black" is VERY rascist, don't you? Would be like saying most of the best football coaches are white.

Jun 20, 2020, 11:56 AM

Interesting how differently people read and interpret things. When I read “most of the best football players are black” I read it as complimentary. Others immediately go to the race card. Honest to goodness please tell me what is racist about saying a particular group is good at something?

Jun 20, 2020, 2:39 PM

I'm done ignoring rascism as I've done my whole life. IF certain groups label everything as rascist, then fair is fair and I'm calling it out too, no more getting off the hook. If it's ok to say the best athletes are black, then it's ok to say the smartest people are chinese/asians. Can't have it both ways. Both are factually true, but facts don't seem to matter much these days, only "feelings".

Jun 20, 2020, 2:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Can anyone explain to me why Gundy is having to apologize about wearing a news network shirt? ]

Serious question

If someone stated the best college football coaches are white, would you feel that is a complement to white coaches?

Jun 20, 2020, 9:40 AM

Gundy as a college football player used the "N Word" on the field when referring to black players. As a college QB he was very insensitive to black players.

Now he wants to recruit black players so he could win football games.

Then years later he thinks that the BS spread by AON is okay.

AON spreads the same insensitive things of Gundy college days.

Gundy states he didn't know the BS AON was pushing.

Jun 20, 2020, 1:51 PM

It’s because he is white and has a mullet.
You didn’t know the white man has no freedom of speech and when we do speak we are racist.
If Trump is not elected in Nov it’s only going to get worse .

Jun 20, 2020, 2:25 PM

I don't like trump, but have to vote for him now as he's the only one not to bow down to the PC/twitter mob/SJW. You think Biden will stand up? Please, he's falling all over himself to cater to the PC/twitter mob/SJW, he||, he's letting the twitter mob pick his running mate. Trump it is and I'm voting, no ifs, ands, or buts.

I don't like Gundy or OAN, but on principle, he should've stood his ground. Now he really discusts me...but I'm not calling for him to be cancelled.

I'm a one issue voter now - will you or won't you stand on principle and not be swayed by the twitter mob and cave to their every whim. Biden is a mushy piece of crap in this regard.

Jun 20, 2020, 2:33 PM

Exactly, I agree with everything you just said.
I think Trump is a Bit of a loudmouth but will give him credit he has done a good job . If America puts Biden in office it’s going to be a Sad Sad time for this country. People today are entitled and want everything for free. The hard working good living people ,the backbone of this country better start standing up.

Jun 20, 2020, 2:42 PM

It’s encouraging to hear some people say I don’t like the personality of Trump but I’ll vote for him. We are not voting for the high school student body president. This is about policy. I will never play golf or have lunch with Trump so I don’t care if he’s a nice guy or not. It drives me nuts when conservatives say they can’t vote for Trump because he’s a jerk. So, they will vote for socialism over “meanie pants”. Unbelievable.

Replies: 56
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic