Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can anyone explain to me if you are Muschamp
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Can anyone explain to me if you are Muschamp

Sep 27, 2020, 5:04 PM

why you kick a FG with 3:16 left in the game . They were losing by 7 at the time , so even if you get the ball back , you have to have a TD to keep from losing .

It doesn’t make sense to me .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can anyone explain to me if you are Muschamp

Sep 27, 2020, 5:07 PM

His history proves he is not so smart. Then again, how can a .500 football coach be as rich as he is? I guess you have to give him credit for that.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Sep 27, 2020, 5:29 PM

You kick the field goal on forth down and hope for a successful onside kick that will get you FOUR more downs to score a td. Exactly the way to handle that situation.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So why didn't they

Sep 27, 2020, 6:25 PM

kick an onside kick?

I get the distance to get a 1st down is a big factor, but you're on your side of the field.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So why didn't they

Sep 27, 2020, 8:36 PM

And time was getting to be a factor .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2020, 6:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Can anyone explain to me if you are Muschamp ]

Hope you get the on side kick! I "hope" you Never get a coaching jobE

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2020, 6:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Can anyone explain to me if you are Muschamp ]

What? You are better off to either go for it or punt to pin deep and hope for 3-out if you have the timeouts. You definitely dont kick a FG, that was turrible!

Sep 27, 2020, 7:40 PM

Because the field goal makes it a 4 point game and so a touchdown would win the game instead of just tying it.

Sep 27, 2020, 7:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Can anyone explain to me if you are Muschamp ]

That only works against the Falcons.

Sep 30, 2020, 11:27 AM

That's funny stuff .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I'll get back to you. But first I have to have

Sep 27, 2020, 6:29 PM

a lobotomy.

points is points

Sep 27, 2020, 7:16 PM

this is all laid out on that sheet they carry around. Actually a sound decision.

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Sep 27, 2020, 7:38 PM

The short, polite answer is he is not a very good coach.

Sep 27, 2020, 7:42 PM

Why? I am perfectly happy with the Gamecocks' coach. I don't think he could be doing better than he currently is to fulfill my hopes and dreams for the Scar football team. :)

I could quibble...

Sep 27, 2020, 7:46 PM

They did make if close.. but that might be better, build up the hope of the faithful only to have said hopes not only squashed put pureed at home against a ranked foe. I guess if they're going to get blown out, I would prefer that be against Vandy or some other cellar co- dweller.

Sep 27, 2020, 7:55 PM

It's not as bad a decision as everyone is making it out to be.
Questionable? Yes but not an outright bad decision.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every1 is a master of hindsight

Sep 27, 2020, 9:00 PM

If they win that game on a last second td...

Those same moo moos would call him a genius for kicking a fg 1st.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Sep 27, 2020, 9:07 PM

I actually agree with the decision, in that you are preparing for each team to have one more possession. If Tennessee drives down and kicks a FG, now you are down by seven and have a chance to tie. Two out of the three outcomes (stop or FG) both gives them a chance on their drive to win or extend the game.

I’m any event, I’m glad anytime those dirtpeckers lose.

Because you coach the "Fighting Gamecocks"......

Sep 27, 2020, 9:24 PM

where dumb-asss coaching decisions are allowed and even expected.

With over 3 minutes left and 2 TO's with 4th and 12

Sep 27, 2020, 9:44 PM

I can definitely see kicking the FG so that a TD wins it.

And lest we forget, without a strange bounce and a mistake by a punt return blocker they would've still gotten the ball back down 4 with a minute and half left.

I'm about as anti USC as there is, but that wasn't a horrible decision on Muschamp's part. In fact it's a pretty conventional football coaching decision.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who cares from my point of view

Sep 27, 2020, 9:50 PM

UsuC is who they are and will never change so who cares. Muskrat could not win @ Florida with all those 5 stars how on earth could in win in Columbia?

I’m no football coach but the FG made sense to me.

Sep 27, 2020, 9:53 PM

You either go for it on 4th and 12...a terrible statistical position that if you don’t convert, you are still a touch down away from tying the game and if you do convert, you still have to continue the drive.

Or you punt...from the 28...and almost certainly gain 8 yards of field position (this would seem crazy to me but someone on this thread suggested it...at that point I’d think you’d just go for it).

Or you make the score such that a TD wins it for you.

3:16 seems like plenty of time if you have timeouts. Two of the previous three Tennessee drives took less than a minute and we’re three-and-outs.

null

Sep 27, 2020, 10:22 PM

Simple. To cover the spread.

Honestly, I didn't think it was a bad call...

Sep 28, 2020, 8:08 AM

Tennessee's had trouble moving the ball consistently all night because their QB couldn't hit water if he fell out of a friggin' boat, so there was a good change uof6c was going to get the ball back. UT had the ball 2nd and 2 near mid field and couldn't pick-up a first down.

Not sure which defense was worse, UT's or the Capons. They were both slow, took bad angles to the ball, and couldn't tackle.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Sep 29, 2020, 12:19 PM

And don't forget that their best WR had to be taken off the field on the previous play for throwing a hissy-fit and acting like a Shamecock, so there was no one to throw to on 4th down anyway.

Sep 29, 2020, 12:48 PM

I hate gamecocks as much as anyone, but I agree with the call. Barring a freak special teams play, Usuck would’ve been poised for a game winning drive. Kicking the field goal here is essentially the small ball of football, I’ll take any points with that much time left on the clock.

Re: Can just not all revel in their misery and realize that

Sep 30, 2020, 9:51 AM

the chicken curse is alive and well? TIA

Screw Calford.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic