Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can a doctor explain this abut the death rate?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Can a doctor explain this abut the death rate?

Mar 22, 2020, 4:18 PM

I read that in US in the 2017-2018 Flu season 61,000 people died from the Flu. In the 2018-2019 Flu season, that number was 34,200. So far, the coronavirus has killed 414 in US.

These numbers are not close. We were not concerned about 61,0000 2 years ago, and yet we are in FEAR over 414 deaths. I know the number will likely grow, but will it grow so much higher than 61,000 that we should all self-quarantine?

This is a serious question being asked for a friend.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can a doctor explain this abut the death rate?

Mar 22, 2020, 4:24 PM

Listen to this interview, you will feel better and feel smarter (before the peanut gallery chimes in about healthcare system falling apart, not enough beds, equipment, etc.):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpuBbuiSNKU

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2020, 4:27 PM

Oh yeah, when I want solid medical advice, I look to Colin Cowherd and the guy from loveline.

Mar 22, 2020, 4:36 PM

My preference for being lectured about anything important is to have it done by the smartest super geniuses in our society: liberal celebrities.

https://youtu.be/1VUNFI_rZ2g

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Mar 22, 2020, 4:40 PM

I appreciate the factious satirical video, but really, the information and message in the video I posted is what every American should focus on, regardless if Colin called Clemson a "fraud" 3 years ago or not...anyone who doesn't take the time to watch it just has their own agenda. This is a serious situation but no need for hysteria. Facts back that up. Be smart, be safe, but do not panic.

Mar 22, 2020, 4:49 PM

My post was for MarcusA. Because when leftist liberals do it, it’s A-Ok. They love them some liberal celebrity lecturing. It’s the best.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Mar 22, 2020, 5:02 PM

:)

Mar 22, 2020, 5:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Can a doctor explain this abut the death rate? ]

It was for me? That garbage is just as bad, it’s the same thing.

Mar 22, 2020, 5:52 PM

Yeah, see how it was posted right after yours?

Mar 22, 2020, 6:25 PM

So you’re shaming me by not wanting to listen to celebrities by posting a video with more celebrities? You’ve been holding your breath underwater longer than is recommended.

Mar 22, 2020, 8:20 PM

Um, it’s not about you. Ok?

https://youtu.be/WtGrp5MbzAI

Mar 22, 2020, 4:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Can a doctor explain this abut the death rate? ]

....And there it is. It's the interview, not the host, blows my mind how some people just love to bash no matter what (replies were in less time than even being able to watch the video posted--so case and point, just love to push their own agendas without even listening. LOL!)

Mar 22, 2020, 7:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Can a doctor explain this abut the death rate? ]

Listen to this interview, you will feel better and feel smarter (before the peanut gallery chimes in about healthcare system falling apart, not enough beds, equipment, etc.):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpuBbuiSNKU

Thank you for that video. It has indeed calmed me down. But there's one thing that still worries me-- just how far up the Savannah river can we get a Naval hospital ship??

Mar 23, 2020, 5:41 AM

The turning basin about a mile above the Talmadge bridge .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

That was a nice video. I am not sure it fully addresses

Mar 23, 2020, 12:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Can a doctor explain this abut the death rate? ]

my questions, but it seemed logical. And it did seem to indicate that we might be over reacting. I look at states like Idaho, Wyoming, SD and ND, and wonder why they would need to "Shelter in place". I don't think those 4 states have much more than 100 cases combined. I am hoping someone has their finger on the pulse of this and determines in a week or two that we are free to move about our cities again. I'm okay shutting down large, high density arenas. I want restaurants to re-open. I want department stores to re-open.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not watching. I dont even have basic masks to keep me safe.

Mar 23, 2020, 5:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Can a doctor explain this abut the death rate? ]

Anybody who isnt in it and suggests that its overblown is removed from it and should be on their knees saying thank you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Mar 22, 2020, 4:26 PM

Because we are not even remotely close to having diagnosed everyone who is infected.

If you use the Diamond Princess cruise ship as a case study

Mar 22, 2020, 5:03 PM

It would suggest the death rate is lower than the flu. All of the fear is being driven by an irresponsible and unaccountable media. If the limits on travel and commerce continue much longer it will take years for our economy to recover from our self inflicted depression.

Is Trump in on it?

Mar 22, 2020, 5:46 PM

He is NEVER held hostage by or manipulated by the media. He always calls them out and spits in their face. He's the one that declared a national emergency. He's the one who shut down the borders. He's the one who proposed trillions of dollars of emergency spending. He's the one whose task force is suggesting drastic societel behaviors that dramatically impact the economy. He's the one who spends hours every day in front of the cameras feeding the media frenzy. The most powerful, most scrutinized man in the world is driving this. If the media is behind this, he's either totally ignorant or he's in on it. Which is it?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Mar 22, 2020, 5:14 PM

Good interview that 44 posted... And I do really hope that we learn from this and can reduce the flu rate in years to come. Don't know for sure if CDC tracks this info or not, but I wonder how many of those flu deaths were people that 1. Didn't get a flu shot, and 2. How many were in nursing homes where irresponsible relatives who had the flu or their petry dish children had the flu and went to grandma and pa's house, bed etc.

In addition, I'd suggest reading some CDC materials where your question is posed. A lot is the spread rate and the timeline.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2020, 6:28 PM

Because you're comparing 12 months of numbers versus 3 weeks. Let's come back next March and compare numbers

Mar 22, 2020, 8:24 PM

I'm guessing you don't want a real answer so this may be pointless. But the Fatality rate of COVID-19 is significantly higher than that of the Flu.

That 61,000 number was with like 65 million people having the Flu. If 65 million people get COVID-19, more than a million people will die.

I'm really not sure why people are struggling to understand that. That's why everyone is taking it so seriously.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Mar 22, 2020, 9:03 PM

The number diagnosed with COVID-19 isn't accurate right now either so there is that

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2020, 9:56 PM

Sure but it isn’t as high as people want to believe.

Everyone didn’t have it in December like they keep claiming.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Mar 23, 2020, 5:38 AM

Influenza is a known , it's something we can combat with vaccines .
This virus is new , or novel as they say ... and it's spread and ultimate toll are far from known .
I guess what I am trying to say is stay inside and don't touch your face .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Mar 23, 2020, 8:07 AM

Search Youtube for "Peak Prosperity". Guy is a PhD from Duke and explains everything very well.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic