Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Callout to Ohio State and Bucknut Nation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Callout to Ohio State and Bucknut Nation

Dec 27, 2020, 1:00 PM

My concern is the 2019 Ohio State personnel were the best in the history of Ohio State (as stated by Buckeye alum/media/fans), most of the game Ohio St won in the trenches, and yet Justin Field threw three INT's (one called back) and Ohio State still lost the game. Now in 2020, Clemson is improved and Ohio State is diminished with ten 2019 players leaving to the NFL.

What will be the Ohio State excuse this year? Refs? Weather? Injuries? Short season? COVID-hangover? We both know there will be an excuse from Buckeye nation.

As for Ohio State's history, your record is weak in bowl games and versus teams from the southeast (even perennial little sister South Carolina). No one cares how Ohio State played in the 1940's, 1950's and 1960's versus Minnesota and Michigan. Hello? It's 2020. As for Swinney, he owns Bucknut nation on the field and in the airspace between your ears. Swinney owned Meyer - does inexperienced welterweight Ryan Day really have a shot? Day lost it for Ohio State last year. Win a game versus Clemson and let's talk. Until then, keep whining.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All of the excuses will apply except weather which will

Dec 27, 2020, 1:50 PM

Be replaced with uncomfortable temperature setting. It’s a new one they are working on

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thought this was gonna be about an Andy Katzenmoyer jersey for sale...

Dec 27, 2020, 1:58 PM

That fella was good. And smart. Like a computer!

~JKB

Re: Callout to Ohio State and Bucknut Nation

Dec 27, 2020, 2:01 PM

SocMan2® said:

My concern is the 2019 Ohio State personnel were the best in the history of Ohio State (as stated by Buckeye alum/media/fans), most of the game Ohio St won in the trenches, and yet Justin Field threw three INT's (one called back) and Ohio State still lost the game. Now in 2020, Clemson is improved and Ohio State is diminished with ten 2019 players leaving to the NFL.

What will be the Ohio State excuse this year? Refs? Weather? Injuries? Short season? COVID-hangover? We both know there will be an excuse from Buckeye nation.

As for Ohio State's history, your record is weak in bowl games and versus teams from the southeast (even perennial little sister South Carolina). No one cares how Ohio State played in the 1940's, 1950's and 1960's versus Minnesota and Michigan. Hello? It's 2020. As for Swinney, he owns Bucknut nation on the field and in the airspace between your ears. Swinney owned Meyer - does inexperienced welterweight Ryan Day really have a shot? Day lost it for Ohio State last year. Win a game versus Clemson and let's talk. Until then, keep whining.

So Ohio State didn’t beat “one of the greatest teams of all-time” in the 2002 Miami Hurricanes to win a natty? They also didn’t beat Alabama and Oregon to win another natty in 2014? Guess they only won games in the 50’s and 60’s tho. I must have imagined all the BCS and New Year’s 6 bowl wins against teams like Oregon, USC, Notre Dame, etc in the past 15-20 years. I know football only started at Clemson around 2010, but a lot of other schools started playing a long time ago.

As far as 2019 being the greatest Ohio State team....that’s laughable. It was a very good team, but not the greatest by any stretch.

Dec 27, 2020, 2:29 PM

Can’t upvote yourself anymore, huh...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oregon?

Dec 27, 2020, 3:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Callout to Ohio State and Bucknut Nation ]

Lol.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Dec 27, 2020, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Callout to Ohio State and Bucknut Nation ]

What would be your best Ohio State team?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2020, 2:01 PM

SocMan2® said:

So Ohio State didn’t beat “one of the greatest teams of all-time” in the 2002 Miami Hurricanes to win a natty? They also didn’t beat Alabama and Oregon to win another natty in 2014? Guess they only won games in the 50’s and 60’s tho. I must have imagined all the BCS and New Year’s 6 bowl wins against teams like Oregon, USC, Notre Dame, etc in the past 15-20 years. I know football only started at Clemson around 2010, but a lot of other schools started playing a long time ago.

As far as 2019 being the greatest Ohio State team....that’s laughable. It was a very good team, but not the greatest by any stretch.

Dec 27, 2020, 2:53 PM

Actually, Clemson has won more bowl games than Ohio St. so there is that. We have been around a little longer than 2010. We just don’t have as many middle age male fans that wear jerseys to football games.

Dec 27, 2020, 3:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Callout to Ohio State and Bucknut Nation ]

Thanks for your reply. Two counterpoints:

1) Points for 2014, but 2002 was a long time ago. Very few high school players of today were alive in 2002. It may matter to you and Buckeye Nation, but Craig Krenzel does not measure up to Deshaun Watson and Trevor Lawrence. And as for the innumerable Bucknut whiners who present themselves as so damaged by being unable to beat Dabo Swinney, please recall Maurice Clarett and Jim Tressel are long forgotten punchlines.
2) 2019 sure was the "most dominant Ohio State team" prior to the Clemson loss. Listen to the attached Fiesta Bowl preview video where Ohio State's Lettermen's Row (8:15) waxes poetic about the 2019 Buckeye squad "being the most dominant in the last 50 years" and about Okudah and JK Dobbins playing with a big chip on their shoulder for this greatness not being respected. "Most dominant team in the last 50 years" sounds somewhat like "greatest" to me.

https://lettermenrow.com/ohio-state-football/ohio-state-clemson-fiesta-bowl-semifinal-how-to-watch-tv-channel-time/

If we lose (unlikely but possible), Clemson will overcome only winning 4 of 5 all-time versus the Buckeyes. But if underdog Ohio State loses, can Bucknut Nation walk away with any pride or manhood? Just how many souls will be crushed? Will it be "good game Clemson, you outplayed us"? Or will it be another year of whimpering and whining?

Just win the game if you can Ohio State. And stop whining.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic