Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Calling someone a midget
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

Calling someone a midget

Feb 25, 2020, 11:57 PM

I just pulled back into Johnson City after watching ETSU defeat Clemson tonight 5-3. I have attended numerous games at Doug Kinsmore, usually wearing orange and purple, but tonight I was wearing blue and gold.

There was a jack ### sitting right beside the Clemson dugout who called #44 for ETSU a midget. Nobody thought it was funny. Even the people sitting with you were embarrassed. It is real easy to be a jerk to someone when you are sitting behind a 40 foot tall fence. By the way, that “midget” went 2 for 5 with an RBI and also made the last out of the game by running down a deep fly ball to centerfield. The “midget” also catches and has a 1.8 pop time. He will be an All SoCon player and will get an opportunity to play pro ball in the near future.

I looked for you after the game but , big surprise, you left early! That is what cowards do. Run their mouth from the safety of the bleachers, then run like a little wussy before the game is over.

There was a midget at the game tonight but it wasn’t #44.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Calling someone a midget

Feb 26, 2020, 12:04 AM

Ok

Simmerdownnow. He had earbuds in both ears listening and

Feb 26, 2020, 12:17 AM

reacting to the Democrats debate in Charleston, rather than the action on the diamond.

As opposed to the real cowards

Feb 26, 2020, 1:02 AM

That don't stand up for their players at the time the issue is occurring, but instead wait until the end of the game hoping the person left so you wouldn't have to do anything and then go to a message board of the opposing team hours later to run his mouth.

Yeah, those guys are the worst.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He’s probably #44’s dad and likely smaller than Bloomberg.

Feb 26, 2020, 1:15 AM

he wasn’t gonna start nuthin.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: He’s probably #44’s dad and likely smaller than Bloomberg.

Feb 26, 2020, 8:32 AM

I'm 6'3 220. I'm not Ben's Dad but I am a big fan of the young mam. Plays the game the right way. But I am 53 years old so you are right, I wasn't going to start anything. But I did have a few things I wanted to say to him. But no luck. He left quickly.

My guess is he left the SuperDome early in the 4th quarter too.

Feb 26, 2020, 12:01 PM

Sure Jan.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Feb 26, 2020, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Re: He’s probably #44’s dad and likely smaller than Bloomberg. ]

Good comeback on losing in the National Championship. Guess Clemson can’t win the national title every year but they can sure be in the running. Good job on your team winning one game. Hope to see you in the playoffs.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you sound stronger than the average American male...

Feb 26, 2020, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Re: He’s probably #44’s dad and likely smaller than Bloomberg. ]

Are people from high school surprised when they see how much bigger you are now?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are we giving internet measures?...i'm 6' 10" 395 with 1%

Feb 26, 2020, 1:25 PM [ in reply to Re: He’s probably #44’s dad and likely smaller than Bloomberg. ]

body fat....size 18 shoes

exactly. he says he waited until after the game to

Feb 26, 2020, 5:42 AM [ in reply to As opposed to the real cowards ]

confront the guy. Right. I'm sure you did, midget.

Re: As opposed to the real cowards

Feb 26, 2020, 8:26 AM [ in reply to As opposed to the real cowards ]

They don't need anyone to stand up for them. They don't pay any attention to a bunch of wannabes who paid for a ticket to come watch them play. Pretty sure Ben didn't even hear the coward call him a midget. He singled to left on the next pitch.

The best revenge is beating your ### 5-3. And it wasnt even that close. ETSU left 17 runners on base.

then why are you here crying like a little girl on a

Feb 26, 2020, 11:27 AM

Message board ?

Wow

I’m embarrassed for you right now***

Feb 26, 2020, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Re: As opposed to the real cowards ]

Re: As opposed to the real cowards

Feb 26, 2020, 2:27 PM [ in reply to Re: As opposed to the real cowards ]

Correct. The most embarrassing thing was a great school like Clemson losing to a joke like ETSU.
Hopefully it will wake our guys up.

It wasn’t Bob who said it.

Feb 26, 2020, 5:38 AM

You can eliminate him.

He actually looks up to #44.

~JKB

has anyone on the board actually met Bob?***

Feb 26, 2020, 5:43 AM

Insert hand raising emoji thingy right here***

Feb 26, 2020, 7:07 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: has anyone on the board actually met Bob?***

Feb 26, 2020, 7:46 AM [ in reply to has anyone on the board actually met Bob?*** ]

cutigerbob® is an imposing young man. He's 6'3" and his built like a steam engine. Stays in shape rock climbing, hiking, always canoeing upstream vs. the swiftest currents among other things. He is confident and well groomed. Young lady's turn their heads and he intimidates well above average men just by walking into a place. Don't play Jeopardy with this man. He is a man among men!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the compliments m0f0...I am definitely stronger

Feb 26, 2020, 8:15 AM

than the average American male

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Bob's always trying to impress the ladies...

Feb 26, 2020, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Re: has anyone on the board actually met Bob?*** ]

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

This sounds like something bob's Mom may say...

Feb 26, 2020, 5:33 PM [ in reply to Re: has anyone on the board actually met Bob?*** ]

Wait ... are you?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Feb 26, 2020, 6:55 AM

Sorry to hear this. Personally attacking the opposing team’s players is off limits and low class. I sit down front and almost never hear any player heckling like this. Unfortunately sometimes a bad apple shows their stupidity. Please accept an apology from this Tiger.

Feb 26, 2020, 8:36 AM

I love the atmosphere at Doug Kinsmore. Very few places like it in college baseball. And very few fanbases as passionate about baseball. But you are right, personal attacks should be off limits.

Feb 26, 2020, 7:05 AM

The guy is supposed to be a midget at 5'8"? Short definitely but hardly a little person.

http://www.etsubucs.com/baseball/roster/2019-20/10834/ben-jackson/

Re: Calling someone a midget- Was it Tony Grossi?

Feb 26, 2020, 7:52 AM

Sounds like he and Baker Mayfield had another spat yesterday.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The guy next to me called him a "midget" too.

Feb 26, 2020, 8:36 AM

I looked at the roster and saw him listed as 5'-8".

I laughed.

Should have called him: Grumpy or Dopey, Sleepy, or Doc

Feb 26, 2020, 8:55 AM

but not midget. Who ever heard of Snow White and the Seven Midgets? Get with the program. The politically correct term for midget is dwarf and this is what most small people or midgets prefer to be called when referring to themselves.

Snow White and the Seven Midgets . . . really!

Re: Should have called him: Grumpy or Dopey, Sleepy, or Doc

Feb 26, 2020, 9:08 AM

I thought the politically correct term was little people. I also thought that a midget was small in stature but their body was proportional to normal sized folks. A dwarf was a little person but their trunk was too long and their legs too short, hence, not proportional.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Feb 26, 2020, 9:00 AM

I hope you had a good time at Beautiful Tiger Field. I hope that didn't ruin the game for you. It happens... sorry for the name calling. I'm sure it happens at your field too.
And as a 5'-8" 165 lb guy myself, I know that this young man had to work harder than anyone to get to where he is. For all the "midgets" in the world, don't let name-calling get to you. Just keep doing your job.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Feb 27, 2020, 9:47 AM

User Logo
Pig
All-Pro [657]
TigerPulse: 98%
Posted: Feb 26, 2020 9:00 AM

I hope you had a good time at Beautiful Tiger Field. I hope that didn't ruin the game for you. It happens... sorry for the name calling. I'm sure it happens at your field too.
And as a 5'-8" 165 lb guy myself, I know that this young man had to work harder than anyone to get to where he is. For all the "midgets" in the world, don't let name-calling get to you. Just keep doing your job.

JUST A GUESS BUT PRETTY SURE THE KID COULD CARE LESS ABOUT WHAT SOME IDIOT IN THE STANDS YELLS AT HIM. THE CAJUN CAFE AND CHEAP SEATS ARE BRUTAL TO RIGHT FIELDERS THAT COME TO CLEMSON.

My first thought hearing midget

Feb 26, 2020, 9:05 AM

https://youtu.be/Ipigwqyml_g

Feb 26, 2020, 9:26 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2020, 9:44 AM

Hey Buc, it's the age we live in. Personal attacks are common especially if you follow any social media. Everyone has a voice! But people getting butthurt over simple name-calling is even a bigger issue nowadays. The thin-skinned society is larger problem. Heckling players used to be a big part of the game and used to be in unison amongst the opposing team if they could find a weakness.

What if he was tall and skinny and someone called him StringBean from the spectator section? Is that off-limits? What's the difference? What if they hollered Too-Short, Simple Sally, Ben Been Missing, Tiny, Big Boy, etc, etc, etc. It's called heckling!! Are you really upset that someone yelled, "C'mon hit it Midget!"?

Personally I don't heckle players but I don't have a problem with it. If they are calling his momma names, not criticizing his religious beliefs, and not targeting his family like kids, siblings and parents then so be it. Our thin-skinned society causes more issues than simple name calling and heckling of a baseball player of the opposing team.

That said, Ben appears to be a heck of a ball player. Looks like his stats were pretty good last year. I wish him huge success and ETSU gave my Tigers all they could handle. A day after CML was bragging about how good our pitching was, and a good hitting team made us look pedestrian as I expected!

Good luck for rest of season!

Feb 26, 2020, 9:55 AM

Well said...
As radio announcer Robert D. Raiford put it, "We have become the United States of the Offended."
Everyone seems to take everything personally.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

^^this!! Let me tell a story about pro heckling.

Feb 26, 2020, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Calling someone a midget ]

It was probably around 10 years ago. Before society got super offended.

UGA baseball game to town. The worst people, my most hated school and it’s not even close.

I grab a seat behind the UGA dugout. As a reliever goes over to warm up in the bullpen, I say “hey bulldog you look pretty ripped, free weights?” So I chat with the UGA player for a minute, then I said hey, what’s that pitcher’s mom’s name? HE TOLD ME IT!!

So the guy gets up on the mound. He’s pitching pretty well, it was important to me to establish a baseline. We got a couple runners on then I started calling his mom’s name. It got to him, pretty bad. He hurled one up in the backstop and UGA sent another pitcher to the bullpen. The kind hearted UGA players told me his mom’s name too! At this point it was pretty hilarious. I tried to go one more round but the players would not divulge any more mom’s names.

Feb 26, 2020, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Calling someone a midget ]

If I could like your post more I would. Wha th happened to the good old sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me. Come on and have some thicker skin. If the kid does go pro guess what he’ll get heckled. I have never been to a baseball game where someone doesn’t say something about a player or ref/ump. The world is to sensitive now.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you sat and waited to see how the game would unfold

Feb 26, 2020, 9:53 AM

before "attempting" to approach said fan?

Things that make you say hmmmm....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Feb 26, 2020, 11:21 AM

You sound like a snowflake that needs a safe space . Are you a snowflake that’s needs his safe space ?

you guys really should take it easy on Bob

Feb 26, 2020, 11:25 AM

I believe “little person “ is the preferred nomenclature

Feb 26, 2020, 11:26 AM

I hate that happened. Most of our fans are pretty good but we do have our share of ######### too. Your team played very well and deserved to win the game. ETSU is the best team we have played so far.

Hey Buccaneer. Your handle reminded me of a story...

Feb 26, 2020, 8:46 PM

There once was a little kid with a speech impediment who dressed up like a pirate for Halloween. At the first house he went to he knocked on the door and when it opened he said “bicker beat!!” The homeowner said “don’t you mean trick or treat?” The little kid said “yebba. “The man asked “well what are you?” The young boy said “I am a birate!” The man said “don’t you mean pirate?” Little boy said “yebba.” So the boy got his candy and went to the next house. Mind you he was a little upset at being picked on by the first homeowner. He knocked on the second door. The homeowner answered the door and the little boy said “Bicker beat!” The homeowner said “don’t you mean trick-or-treat?” frustrated, the boy said “yebbba!” The man asked the boy “so what are you?” he said “I’m a Birate. “ The man asked “don’t you mean pirate?” angrily, the boy “said yebbba” so the boy got his candy and he was mad. He went to the next door and he knocked. “ Bam Bam Bam”. A man came to the door and the boy angrily said “Bicker beat!!” The homeowner said “don’t you mean trick-or-treat?” The boy said “yebbbba!” The man asked “well what are you?” The boy said “I am a Birate!” The man said “don’t you mean a pirate?” The boy said “yebbbba!” The man asked “well Mr. Pirate where are your Buccaneers?” The boy yelled “on my bucking head”

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

unless you're a 12 year old girl.

Feb 26, 2020, 11:48 AM

Feb 26, 2020, 12:05 PM

So others have stated that the kid is 5'8" tall.

It is not offensive to call him a midget. If he was 3'6" it would be a different story and much more insensitive.

What I will give you is that the fan was clearly not very creative and was not good at heckling, but it's not out of line to try to crack jokes about the other team's players.

I sat in the outfield one game several years back and made fun of and cracked jokes on NC State's right fielder for the entire 9 innings that he came out there. We asked him how his girlfriend was doing and used her name we found from his social media. We asked about his mom also. We made fun of pictures he had posted and made fun of him for making an error at one point in the game. We did and said some other things that I won't post, but they got a good rise out of him.

He kept turning around and telling us to keep it coming.

He also had 3 hits in the game and drove in a run. He killed our pitching that day.

At the end of the game he thanked us for making the game entertaining for him while he was bored in the outfield. Then he ran off the field with a smile on his face.

#44 probably didn't hear whoever called him a midget, but I bet he would laugh it off and not care if he did.

You sir chose to take offense to something that would like not even get a rise out of the "victim".

OK let me get this straight

Feb 26, 2020, 12:18 PM

Feb 26, 2020, 3:29 PM

So you say nothing, but come here offended. Midgets have bigger bawls.

Feb 27, 2020, 7:59 AM

Don't come out to the Cheap Seats during a game, the RF guy catches mores #### than "midget". Out there though, it is all in fun and most players who come to Clemson and play RF don't forget it and typically laugh quite a bit. Let #44's play on the field speak for himself and enjoy his success. Some would/have called my son a midget, he is in pro ball these days. F em in the A.

LOL ***

Feb 27, 2020, 8:34 AM

Best Is The Standard

Looks like it was the Tigers that came up a little short***

Feb 27, 2020, 8:35 AM

Best Is The Standard

Feb 27, 2020, 9:20 AM

You mad bro ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic