Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
California is on the verge of complete lockdown
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

California is on the verge of complete lockdown

Dec 5, 2020, 5:38 AM

The richest State in the Nation ranked 41st out of the States for covid cases per million population yet they are running out of ICU bed space. Evidently they have not increased capacity since early this year.

Liberals are incapable of properly managing anything.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/california-brink-virus-rages-closures-073037021.html
https://s.yimg.com/uu/api/res/1.2/_sLjMXIe1ilo2po6KxjOsw--~B/aD0zMjY0O3c9NDkyODthcHBpZD15dGFjaHlvbg--/https://media.zenfs.com/en/ap.org/b26aed9d08b6fe2af37e3bc25a89ed4c">

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

South Dakota did it so well.

Dec 5, 2020, 5:44 AM

That's why they're #1 in cases per million and deaths per million, and have the highest CFR.

Liberals are incapable of properly managing anything.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: California is on the verge of complete lockdown

Dec 5, 2020, 7:51 AM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/12/02/california-covid-restaurant-restrictions-newsom/%3foutputType=amp

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2020, 7:59 AM

I would guess that Californians have been more compliant than many states with mitigation measures and they were already slow to ease up on restrictions. Are they attempting to get out somewhat ahead of COVID by these lockdowns in comparison to other states when in fact their rate of spread is less than many states? I haven't looked? Is it possible and even probable that their large homeless population and large population of illegal residents is fueling their rise in cases?

I personally think we need to keep schools open as much as possible and places of work too. However, everyone needs to be more responsible. I'm afraid we've entered the most dangerous phase of dealing with COVID. The number of hospitalizations and deaths is now at an all time high and is on the rise. Lots of other states will be enacting restrictive measures soon unfortunately.

I am very much a political conservative, but for those of you who were saying no one would be saying anything about COVID once the election was over, what are you saying now? The number of hospitalizations has tripled since Oct 1st, doubled since Nov 1st and we lost over 3K Americans with COVID yesterday.

Trump and Biden both should be begging people to primarily avoid large crowds. There were over 400 new cases in Greenville county yesterday, yet people still are being drawn like moths to a light to bars and restaurants. As Americans, we should do better. If we wear the #### masks, wash our hands, but more importantly not gather in large crowds, we can still work, go to school, recreate, have elective surgery and even see the CFP conclude. If we don't change our habits, we are indeed in for a very dark next several months with vast economic consequences.

Come on Tigers--this isn't a political thing. Let's all reflect on what each of us can do to protect our family, friends and neighbors.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank Gawd Pubs were in charge of managing 2020 elections.

Dec 5, 2020, 8:34 AM

Their legislators did a great job in places like GA, PA, MI and WI ! If not, there would be evidence of fraud!

Trump also deserves credit ... he put the warning out early and got everyone to be vigilant to follow their election requirements.

The Pubs did a fantastic job in providing election security and integrity!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Masks are killing it in California.***

Dec 5, 2020, 9:31 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Masks are killing it in California.***

Dec 5, 2020, 9:33 AM

California and masks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5lP1aCcuoY

Dec 5, 2020, 9:46 AM

That's Trump Central. Proud Boys...etc etc.

What is the proposal? That non compliance is causing covid?

Dec 5, 2020, 10:32 AM

Nah. Takes more than a video to make that case. Compliance is actually pretty high. If masks worked, they would be working.

- All of the many randomized tests have shown masks do not inhibit the spread of respiratory viruses.
- No tests has shown that masks inhibit spread of the virus.
- Anecdotal observation is showing they do not work.
- Lacking evidence, the mask narrative adherents are having to show increasing anger to a shrinking group of people, or to strawmen.

Mask wearing is virtue signaling and indicating one's willingness to do what a govt official or cultural pc says, regardless of evidence. We are witnessing the death of science.

Disclaimer: I wear a mask, and I do so with about 90% compliance. This is not the hill to die on. That one is coming.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What is the proposal? That non compliance is causing covid?

Dec 5, 2020, 10:37 AM

Compliance is not near high enough and it easy to go from 1 state to another. Too many don't comply. Might as well scrap it all.

Its an interesting thing to think about. People tend to

Dec 5, 2020, 11:18 AM

report compliance based on what they want to see; confirmation bias is a real thing. A militant masker claims he goes out and sees nobody wearing masks. When I'm out, I see people wearing them. Just one example, but I walked into a Panera yesterday morning, it was medium busy, seats about half full, 5 or 6 people at the counter. I noticed people were looking at me funny, it hit me: I had left my mask on the passenger seat. Boy, was I ever so embarrassed!! Felt like a little boy getting spanked in front of all his friends! But I get it, so I rushed back to the car and got my mask.

I'm not saying its 100%, but the surveys report decent compliance, and observation seems to show it.

Is the proposal that 20% non compliance equals 0% effect?

Here is my proposal: Many people went all in on masks (why that is so is another issue). Masks became the litmus test. When a California then happens, the militant maskers have to explain it to themselves: no one easily gives up on an ideology. The blame and anger gets directed somewhere, and in this case the two choices are (1) no one is wearing masks and (2) the 20 percent non compliers are infecting everyone else. I don't think either of those can be supported, can they?

Re: Its an interesting thing to think about. People tend to

Dec 5, 2020, 11:29 AM

Plus I go to bars quite often. You just need a mask to get to your table or bar seat. Then everyone is sitting near each other talking away to strangers and friends. That happens in cafes and restaurants too. Then there are doorknobs and buttons to push everywhere, It's just going to keep coming back imo until we get an easy vaccine.

Dec 5, 2020, 9:48 AM [ in reply to Masks are killing it in California.*** ]

FLATTEN THE CURVE!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2020, 9:50 AM

It will never work. They are wasting their time imo.

Man, this is JUST TERRIBLE.

Dec 5, 2020, 10:35 AM

My lush bro in law might not be able to make it to TN from San Fran this year and sit around on my couch for 5 days and stare at his Macbook and drink all my beer and eat all my food without putting a dime the hat. This is awful.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

See? Prayers are answered.***

Dec 5, 2020, 11:20 AM

Dec 5, 2020, 11:48 AM

It’s crazy how so many of you on here talk about things you know nothing about as if you do.

California is about to go on full lockdown (in some places) some may not. California is a HYUGE state and different parts have handled this differently, Therefore there been different levels of cases and restrictions.
Most of SoCal have been by far the worse (outside if LA & SD, that’s trump country) where people laugh at mask wearers. See video above at Huntington Beach. They also tried to open up earlier. They opened gyms, hair salons, malls and even indoor dining about a month ago, but it didn’t last bc of the # spiked. They have continued to climb so last week they closed outdoor dining and the like, and issued a stay at home.

NorCal has handled things differently, with each county and Mayors setting their restrictions... no matter what Governor Gavin Newsom says. Mayor London Breed of SF, has been most cautious with opening. Only outdoor dining/bars, gyms, haircuts ( for a brief moment indoor was open at very limited capacity, then closed)

Late last week certain counties have been issued stay at home orders, if hospital cases get to a certain level. Some cases have opted out of that that too. We shall see what enforcement comes of that.

Cali is a complete state, bigger than several other stares, with mixed local leadership ( pubs and dems) and they all have to make decisions. It’s weird that so many of you want to politicize EVERYTHING.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

Dec 5, 2020, 11:53 AM

The problem is that what happens in Orange County eventually makes it to LA and then SF etc etc. It never ends. Most of my friends in Orange County are Trump supporters and generally mask deniers too. My one buddy's Dad died of covid recently. I just don't see how the rules in LA will work if the rules in Newport Beach are different.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic