Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CU softball expectations
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

CU softball expectations

Jan 29, 2020, 4:45 PM

Is it reasonable to expect an inaugural season ACC championship plus a run at the national championship?
I think it is and those ARE my expectations this season. I think we have a good coach there good facilities and I know there’s tremendous softball talent in SC so here’s hoping for a great 1st year for CU Softball!!! Go Tigers

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds reasonable***

Jan 29, 2020, 4:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: CU softball expectations

Jan 29, 2020, 5:00 PM

I was very optimistic like you. However, we have already lost out shortstop, our best picture and a starting OF with a very good bat for the season. Its going to be a rough year!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2020, 5:03 PM

Next person up!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heard nothing of these injuries...

Jan 29, 2020, 9:22 PM [ in reply to Re: CU softball expectations ]

...are you talking about the baseball team?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Oh - man ... losing that best picture gonna ...

Jan 30, 2020, 3:52 AM [ in reply to Re: CU softball expectations ]

... hurt !! ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jan 30, 2020, 7:48 AM [ in reply to Re: CU softball expectations ]

we lost a picture. the horror.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2020, 9:06 PM

Dude you unlocked the caps lock button I'm so proud of you!!!!!

Jan 30, 2020, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Re: CU softball expectations ]

Those are baseball injuries, not softball

Absolutely...

Jan 29, 2020, 5:05 PM

as long as you don't get too disappointed when the team does not live-up to those expectations.

For now, FSU is still the queen bee in the ACC.

Interestingly, FSU is the only ACC team to be ranked in the preseason top 25 at No. 9, although Virginia, North Carolina, Notre Dame, and Louisville also received votes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Absolutely...

Jan 29, 2020, 6:29 PM

If they don’t win I think they should fire the entire staff burn the equipment and demolish the facilities.

Would that be too upset?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2020, 6:31 PM [ in reply to Absolutely... ]

Must be a down year for the acc. Thought they'd have at least 3 or 4 top 20. I'd really be happy if they're just competitive. Top 5 acc is what I'd say is a realistic goal.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 30, 2020, 11:50 AM

I agree Kerigantoo. Top half of the league, represent well, and gel as a team. I saw where 3 teams fell below us in the preseason voting. Think that speaks well to the talent we’ve already brought in.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why not!?

Jan 29, 2020, 6:59 PM

It's only unimaginable if you don't imagine it...

Jan 29, 2020, 8:34 PM

I wouldn't bet the farm on anything remotely close to an ACC championship for a few years. There's a lot of talented teams. We'll get there eventually, but be patient and enjoy the journey.
These young ladies are laying the foundation.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Jan 29, 2020, 9:16 PM

The first goal would be to have a winning record in this the very first year of the program,that would be really nice and definity would be a good tone setter for the future seasons afterwards

Jan 30, 2020, 7:42 AM

The injury issue is correct. The likely starting SS (who also was the lead off hitter) is out for the year. Very good player who transferred from Upstate. I also believe the #1 pitcher is out for season too. Gonna be tough for a year or two but I think we’ll see things pick up as recruiting is looking better.

Jan 30, 2020, 10:05 AM

You should adjust your expectations.

On the bright side, the ACC is not a strong or deep conference in college softball so we have the ability to climb quickly AFTER this season.

However we are not a strong team this year as indicated by the showings in the fall.

I'm not disappointed in that because I think this first season is about setting a program culture and preparing for the future.

I hope Clemson softball will be challenging for the top 3 in the ACC by year 4 when our current freshmen are rounding out their careers.

Up to that point, anything in the top half of the conference is a bonus.

Is it reasonable to expect 0-fer too?

Jan 30, 2020, 10:32 AM

I have no clue about softball

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 30, 2020, 10:58 AM

The answer would be no. No those aren't realistic expectations for a team that's never played a game together. I will still enjoy the season though. Looking forward to seeing our ladies play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 30, 2020, 11:19 AM

PEOPLE ACTUALLY HAVE EXPECTATIONS FOR A TEAM THAT HAS NEVER STEPPED ON THE FIELD TOGETHER. SMFH. ONLY ON TIGERNET.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 30, 2020, 11:22 AM

Well they did play some games in the fall, but if anything those games should help people realize that expectations should be tempered because the competition was pretty terrible and we didn't exactly destroy them.

Feb 5, 2020, 9:09 PM [ in reply to Re: CU softball expectations ]

Oh no caps lock again shame shame shame

Jan 30, 2020, 11:55 AM

Let's see if they could beat some of the dominate high school teams first, cause when you are starting from scratch you don't know whether you have chicken salad or chicken poop! I would love for them to have a winning season, recruit well and get better each year! The best is yet to come!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2020, 9:12 PM

My expectations are we will finish in the bottom two of the ACC anything above that wil be a successful season. IMO if the girls who are on the team had great talent they would have gone to a school with a actual softball resume not a program that is starting from the ground up. I have no idea who is on the team just going from what I've seen when other schools started a new sport. It's brand new we are going to struggle until atleast one full recruiting cycle has come and gone. Hopefully year 4 & 5 we will start to see what this program is going to turn into.

Feb 5, 2020, 10:11 PM

With softball, you sign one stud pitcher and you are competitive. These kids can pitch 2 of 3 games in a weekend series unlike baseball. I think we will be fine in a couple of years but we have a ton of injuries right now. They are already thin given it’s a start up. The Paw resonates with kids so give them a few years.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic