Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CT scan after my last three Keytruda infusions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

CT scan after my last three Keytruda infusions

Jun 30, 2018, 3:02 AM

Hi guys, and welcome to Saddy Morning's Episode of "What's that Stuff on your X-Ray?"

Fortunately, my CT on June 22 was 99+% identical to the one made on April 20. The total volume of the left lung has diminished due to its incapability to expand like the right side. There is no measurable change in the tumor or the pockets of jellied fluid(loculated) in the affected left lung.

The right lung is clear. The CT of the abdomen shows I have some kidney stones, some gall stones, and the area on top of my left kidney that was ablated(burned off) in October 2011.

Now, here his the situation that now faces us and all the oncology/hematology patients at our clinic.

We found out that Levine Cancer Institute is buying out our office and the change goes into effect August 1, 2018. All of the Doctors there--mine, too--will relocate out of the areas Levine has offices in. MY Dr. is going to "Middle California", the senior Oncologist is starting up in Las Vegas, the third is going on a Leave of Absence. Initially, they told the support staff they would keep their jobs, but later were told to re-apply. There are some Levine staff in Charlotte who live in Gastonia, and they may get first choice. Levine is a big conglomerate who stretches from Chucktown to Asheville. Big conglomerates have big moola--$$$$$$$$.

Several of us(patients) plan to write letters to the Levine Board to discuss and describe the wonderful treatment we have received. One lung cancer patient receiving the same protocol has been doing it for TWELVE(12) years. I see my Dr. about 10-15 minutes per session, but I am in close contact with the Front Desk, the ladies in the lab who do my bloodwork and tell me if something has changed. Then on to the Infusion Room where Sherry, Kim, Hope, Beverly, and two others prep me and get my meds started. Having complete, total confidence in them, plus knowing that someone who cares for you as they do reduces any stress that may be present.

The fact of the matter is that my Keytruda protocol will continue into the future. With no further enlargement of the tumor or any viable change, my CT's would then follow a scan after every four infusions. Only with a progression of the tumor would we revert back to the original phase of Keytruda, Alimta, Carboplatim, pre-nausea, and steroids.

Breaking in a new oncologist/hematologist may be a issue for me. The fact that my old landlord told him about me kinda helped ease the acceptability.

The real question on everyone's mind comes down to this: "Does/Will Levine have Hospital privileges at Caromont Regional Medical Hospital?" If privileges are not given to the new Doctors Levine has on staff, just about everyone would have to be transferred to Charlotte in order to receive additional, up-graded medical care. It is apparent that the standard of care in Charlotte should be the same as Gastonia.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Continued prayers and best wishes.***

Jun 30, 2018, 5:04 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Continued prayers for you and your family.***

Jun 30, 2018, 6:29 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CT scan after my last three Keytruda infusions

Jun 30, 2018, 7:04 AM

You have my sympathy and prayer. My Sister is battling ovarian cancer (stage 4) right now and has conplete confidence in the clinic and staff involved! She would be quite upset if your situation occurred in her case!

Good luck and God bless. Also Go Tigers ??!!

Oh, My goodness and

Jun 30, 2018, 7:14 AM

Continued best wishes! You are certainly handling your treatment and this shake-up very well!

I'm sure the Hippocratic Oath is buried within the corporate documents, somewhere, but it definitely isn't on 'page 1', given the scenario you've described.

Fight the good fight!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope all those employees can keep their jobs

Jun 30, 2018, 7:29 AM

and continue to help you in your fight as you
continue to be an inspiration to us all. I
pray you will be blessed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 30, 2018, 7:30 AM

Hoping and praying you will continue to receive the same professional and bedside care that you are accustomed to.
You obviously have the right attitude and fight in you to win your battle.
May God bless you, your doctor's and the staff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CT scan after my last three Keytruda infusions***

Jun 30, 2018, 9:43 AM

Re: CT scan after my last three Keytruda infusions***

Jun 30, 2018, 9:43 AM

Jun 30, 2018, 11:06 AM

Hope and and pray you will receive great care and God's blessing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 30, 2018, 11:45 AM

thoughts and prayers on this. I hope it ultimately works to your benefit even though it is trying now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 30, 2018, 2:17 PM

Still praying for successful treatment and healing. God bless.

Jun 30, 2018, 7:03 PM

sending prayers for continued healing. Keep up the positive outlook, it's so important.

Jun 30, 2018, 7:51 PM

Prayers up that everything will go smoothly and you will be healed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 30, 2018, 10:11 PM

Prayers!

Jul 1, 2018, 12:00 AM

Let me give you some inspiration. I am the longest user of Keytruda in the world. Diagnosed with Metastatic Melanoma Oct 13th, 2010. I have gone through 5 different types of chemo and 3 courses of high dose radiation as well as 2 major surgeries. March 2012, I was given 6-9mos by Dr. at Bluementhol Cancer Institute in Charlotte which is now Levine Cancer Institute. I'm actually a full time patient at Hollings Cancer Center at MUSC but Bluementhol offered a specialty chemo which thankfully temporarily retarded cancer growth. I had 4 tumors in my lungs and one on my adrenal gland.

In 2014, I was put in a Keytruda Trial program, 10mos later Ketruda was fastracked through the FDA to be an approved melanoma treatment due to it's high success of extending lives. Normal Ketruda dosing is every 3wks for a period of 2 yrs so approximately 26-30 doses would be a full course. At end of May, I had my 67th dose of Keytruda. As of my last CT scans this past Monday, all of my tumors have disappeared with only concerns are inflamed lymph nodes center chest in my main bronchial tube.

With that said, June 2018 is the first month I have not endured worries about my next treatment in almost 8yrs. I will have my scans again in Sept and if lymph nodes are still inflamed then we will consider a maintenance cycle of Keytruda of 3mos on, 3mos off into first of next year. If lymphs remain stable then Dr. feels a diagnosis of cancer free may be in the charts.

I can sympathize with all of your challenges, I have worked the entire time until I was released last Sept for corporate restructuring. Have not found an acceptable opportunity since so that creates another challenge trying to maintain healthcare and your normal bills such as motgage ect.

That said, stay positive as I feel that has been one of my strongest assets while fighting this battle.

I will put you in my prayers my friend! "Stay Tuff!" as I have told others I have tried to inspire!

Jul 1, 2018, 12:36 AM

Keep your spirit up! You have people thinking about and praying for you in this community.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2018, 11:10 PM

PR, we are glad to hear the keytruda is continuing to work as it should. I hate that you are faced with changing doctors and med techs in the middle of your treatment. Hopefully the distance will not be too much of an issue for you. I'm sure you will have kind, caring & competent staff wherever you go, but it helps a lot to have the same nurses throughout the process. You really do bond with the medical staff when you're going through something that intense. Prayers and good luck to you!

Jul 2, 2018, 8:29 AM

P^

Jul 2, 2018, 9:55 AM

Prayers go with you my friend. Cancer sucks but it can be beat so don't ever give up.

Essiac Tea! I have a close friend who by all means would be 6 feet under right now if he hadn't discovered this tea. While his battle is still going on it's not a lost one which we all thought it was, even hospice had put a bed on his ground floor because they said he would be unable to climb the stairs in days coming. This was over three years ago and he is living a normal life though he has had to take radiation treatments recently.

Oxygen kills cancer cells and while not recognized by the FDA Essiac tea puts oxygen in your blood which in turn fights the cancer cells. He also goes to Fast Fit because they have a machine that puts oxygen in your system much like an oxygen chamber.

There is also CBD oil. While this does not fight cancer cells to my knowledge it does improve your quality of life. This has been proven time and again and is finally getting the recognition for it.

Best of luck my friend and go with God.

Prayers sent.***

Jul 2, 2018, 11:24 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic