Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
COVID data
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

COVID data

Oct 19, 2020, 6:44 PM

So, did Nick Saban's positive data point get subtracted after he got three negatives?

No, of course it didn't. Just another reason to not believe the data.

Sitting here listening to the pathetic ABC news people predicting the end of the world due to COVID. Why do I subject myself to this?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are screaming 2900 people in a day

Oct 19, 2020, 7:05 PM

here. Actually it was Sunday and Monday numbers. The numbers are falling apart in front of us. All sources say different numbers and everyone is sick of this sheet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John's Hopkins. Just keep up with their numbers

Oct 19, 2020, 7:26 PM

And don't freak out. Follow the 7 day John's Hopkins averages. DHEC is several hundred cases lower each day. Sometimes they're close. Some days a thousand off. Late reporting is a problem but DHEC got way behind on their data so 7 day averages went different directions between John's Hopkins and DHEC for several weeks. DHEC is in no hurry to enforce data reporting because if it's a day late it doesn't make the news.

Dhec reported 539 new cases today in their press release. Likewise DHEC received 776 positive cases today. The difference is backdated, kept from the press release, and is supposedly added to last days.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Too many labs have been caught only reporting positive cases

Oct 19, 2020, 7:19 PM

That’s what was happening in the 5 months when the percent positive in SC was above 20%. That’s the stat that schools use to decide whether to do in person or e-learning.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Percent positive is not a measure of the virus. It's a

Oct 19, 2020, 7:29 PM

Measurement of testing. We could do a ton more test and drop our percentage to 2% or less. In fact DHEC tripled testing in the two weeks leading up to reopening. They couldn't get a drop in cases but by tripling testing they dropped the percent positive by 2/3 over a 2 week period. And the governor made a nice chart of that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Percent positive is not a measure of the virus. It's a

Oct 19, 2020, 9:40 PM

Eye roll.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which labs specifically?***

Oct 20, 2020, 7:49 AM [ in reply to Too many labs have been caught only reporting positive cases ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Less true positives could imply a deadlier fate though.

Oct 19, 2020, 8:31 PM

Also could put into question how prevalent it's really been. Have half of us already gotten it as some say? Maybe only 20 million? More / Less?

Can't really hand out the kudos to our testing tracking mechanism to date for consistency or what to make of the data.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The rapid tests are similar to rapid flu tests in accuracy

Oct 20, 2020, 7:44 AM

From what I read. If they're positive it's highly accurate. Like 99% or more. But... If you're negative with a rapid flu test there's about a 15% or so chance it's a false negative and you're actually positive.

Re: COVID data

Oct 19, 2020, 9:10 PM

Plandemic

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2020, 9:15 PM

Plumbdumber

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dipshitic***

Oct 19, 2020, 9:54 PM [ in reply to Re: COVID data ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Evidence?

Oct 20, 2020, 7:48 AM

So, did Nick Saban's positive data point get subtracted after he got three negatives?

No, of course it didn't. Just another reason to not believe the data.

Evidence of this claim? Failure to produce and launching into a personal attack just means you admit you made it up. The only response is a link.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Re: Evidence?

Oct 20, 2020, 7:56 AM

What are you asking evidence for?

Most people do not have the time or money to get multiple follow up tests to confirm a false positive.

I very clearly asked for evidence of the Nick Saban claim.

Oct 20, 2020, 7:58 AM

This isn't a hard game.

Re: I very clearly asked for evidence of the Nick Saban claim.

Oct 20, 2020, 8:05 AM

Ok.....

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30132336/alabama-football-coach-nick-saban-cleared-return-immediately-third-negative-covid-19-test

No.

Oct 20, 2020, 8:12 AM

I asked for evidence that Saban's data point didn't get subtracted as the OP claims. Provide that and don't ham-handedly post the first link you find when you Google "Saban" and "COVID" in a lame attempt to be a smart ###.

Re: I very clearly asked for evidence of the Nick Saban claim.

Oct 20, 2020, 8:13 AM [ in reply to I very clearly asked for evidence of the Nick Saban claim. ]

In the fine print.

https://www.alabamapublichealth.gov/covid19/data.html

B

Cool, thanks.***

Oct 20, 2020, 8:43 AM

Oct 20, 2020, 11:13 AM

The death rate is down to 0.6% according to Faucci, about six times more deadly than the flu.

Libs were claiming it was upwards of 10% when this thing started.

They’ve been wrong from the start but all they want to do is blame Trump.

No one was "claiming" anything...

Oct 20, 2020, 11:15 AM

people were sharing initial results from a brand new virus.

Just about everyone I heard quoting findings or initial results said that the rate is likely much lower and that more data was needed. You heard that too, right?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No one was "claiming" anything...

Oct 20, 2020, 11:20 AM

The problem is they were pushing to make pretty consequential decisions based on flimsy evidence.

Thankfully we had republican leaders like Trump and Govenor McMaster who were unwilling to completely destroy our economy based on this.

We would be in a world of hurt with a Democrat president through this pandemic.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic