Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CGD just made their case for keeping Bama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

CGD just made their case for keeping Bama

Nov 9, 2019, 10:12 AM

in the CFP if they lose today.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CGD just made their case for keeping Bama

Nov 9, 2019, 10:16 AM

They said depending what happens in the game and what happens when they play Auburn etc. They were just saying it isn't an elimination game for Bama. They are correct.

Nov 9, 2019, 10:19 AM

If Bama loses to LSU, with their record or previous games being no better than the games we have played, and the gall they have with calling Bama to the playoffs, now that makes no sense at all!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2019, 10:22 AM

Well they were saying it depends what happens in the game and what happens as the year winds down. They are saying Alabama isnt necessarily eliminated. They are correct. Got to see what happens.

Nov 9, 2019, 10:24 AM

They also know Tua is hurt etc etc. Thats what they stated.

our resume is better than theirs

Nov 9, 2019, 10:26 AM [ in reply to Re: CGD just made their case for keeping Bama ]

to say they can afford a loss but we cant is asinine..if they lose today they will still be yet to beat any ranked team..same as us..again they are holding us to a different criteria

Re: our resume is better than theirs

Nov 9, 2019, 10:30 AM

We are getting in so I am not worried about that. As far as Bama goes, they play LSU and Auburn still. Our schedule in the end wont compare.

if they lose to lsu and only beat bama

Nov 9, 2019, 10:32 AM

they will compare we would have beaten a ranked wake and they would have beaten one ranked team in auburn but will have a loss

Re: if they lose to lsu and only beat bama

Nov 9, 2019, 10:35 AM

Wake is average. Wake would maybe be the 6th best team in the SEC. Auburn would beat Wake 10 out of 10 times.

I'd say 8 or 9 times out of 10, but yeah

Nov 9, 2019, 10:37 AM

Auburn is quite a bit better than Wake.

Nov 9, 2019, 10:41 AM [ in reply to Re: if they lose to lsu and only beat bama ]

Carlsbad® said:

Wake is average. Wake would maybe be the 6th best team in the SEC. Auburn would beat Wake 10 out of 10 times.

You know there are 6 teams in the SEC including 3 in the SEC west with losing records right? Having losses to the likes of San Jose St and Memphis. And close calls to Portland St. I wouldn't say Wake is at best 6th at all.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2019, 10:44 AM

There are some bad teams in the SEC no doubt. That said, there are probably 6 teams in the SEC or so that would win the ACC if we werent in the ACC. The ACC is weak. It just happens to be that way right now.

Nov 9, 2019, 11:01 AM

Carlsbad® said:

There are some bad teams in the SEC no doubt. That said, there are probably 6 teams in the SEC or so that would win the ACC if we werent in the ACC. The ACC is weak. It just happens to be that way right now.

Name your six teams?

Nov 9, 2019, 12:07 PM

LSU
Bama
Auburn
Florida
Georgia
Texas A&M

The ACC sucks right now. I think there are probably close to 20 teams in the nation that would win the ACC if they played in it and we weren't in it.

Nov 9, 2019, 12:17 PM

As you said on another post: " we don't know that "! You are strictly going by "WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD"!
Texas A&M wouldn't and Florida wouldn't win the ACC even w/o Clemson come on Carlsbad!

That's buying into the propaganda. You know which conference is a close second to providing the NFL with talent?
The ACC is behind the SEC. So the idea there isn't talent enough to beat a couple of middling teams with major issues is just wrong. Add Auburn to the list as well. Georgia, Alabama and LSU(this year) I would give you for certain!

I think those teams would join the confusion in the Coastal wheel of destiny and be upset by a Pittsburgh, Miami, N. Carolina. Louisville in my opinion will have a win over an SEC team on the last week of the regular season. And would contend with 3 of the 6 you listed with ease. I think Wake would beat Florida and Texas A&M. They wouldn't beat Auburn because of their Defensive line. The other two don't have a good enough secondary d-line combination to deal with Suratt and Washington.

See - football reasons - no propaganda!

Nov 9, 2019, 4:13 PM [ in reply to Re: if they lose to lsu and only beat bama ]

The ACC is weak 90% of the time, and especially since FSU has entered the weak of the ACC. There is only 1 strong ACC team that can compete with any team in the country, and that is Clemson!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2019, 10:38 AM [ in reply to if they lose to lsu and only beat bama ]

I wouldn't say our schedule won't compare at the end.

Hoping today Louisville wins b/c they will be favored in the rest of their games. Which would make them 9-3.
Texas A&M has a good chance in the rest of their games to make a statement. They have Georgia and LSU left. Beating either would get them ranked.

Wake Forrest needs to handle business today against VT. IF so, they will be another ranked opponent we played.
After us, they should be able to handle the rest of their schedule.

IF HISTORY has no part in who gets in and "they only go by this years team" then Bama should not be in. History and Nick Saban would be the only reason!

Nov 9, 2019, 10:41 AM

It wont compare no matter what anyone in the ACC does moving forward. It doesnt matter though. If we win out and play well, we are in.

Nov 9, 2019, 10:44 AM

Why? Because they would have a loss to LSU? We had a close call win "ON THE ROAD"! They would have had a loss "AT HOME". Losing at home is > winning close on the road! Yes, even to an overrated SEC team.

Nov 9, 2019, 10:46 AM

Its because there are better teams in the SEC.. Its more challenging. We are getting in, but our schedule wont be considered comparable no matter what the ACC teams do.

Nov 9, 2019, 4:18 PM [ in reply to Re: if they lose to lsu and only beat bama ]

And Saban don't play in the games, so he shouldn't get any pryority when his team loses bc he coached them!!!

Re: our resume is better than theirs

Nov 9, 2019, 4:08 PM [ in reply to Re: our resume is better than theirs ]

I'll just pull for LSU and Aubarn to beat Bama, and if that happens, no way can they put their Prince Bama in the playoffs. They will have to do what Dabo said we would have to do if we didn't make it, reload, recruit and try again next season!!!

Nov 9, 2019, 10:28 AM [ in reply to Re: CGD just made their case for keeping Bama ]

Most of what they said was correct. One debatable area is what Bear said. No way he’d put Oregon in over Bama if both with 1 loss. No one in their right mind would say the ducks are better than the tide. Kirk did make a great point And say that using his logic Bama would get in even if they lose all their games since they have the number one recruiting class each year. He nailed it here. But that’s a total flip flop from last year and his push to get Ga in.

Nov 9, 2019, 10:31 AM

Exactly...we all know the Ducks are nothing special.

Oregon 12-1 Pac12 champs > Bama 11-1 no division, no SEC***

Nov 9, 2019, 11:29 AM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oregon 12-1 Pac12 champs > Bama 11-1 no division, no SEC***

Nov 9, 2019, 12:00 PM

Yep!

which kills all of their other arguments

Nov 9, 2019, 10:25 AM [ in reply to Re: CGD just made their case for keeping Bama ]

their argument against an 8 team playoff is "every game counts now' if a team can lose today and be in..then no todays game doesnt count

Re: which kills all of their other arguments

Nov 9, 2019, 10:37 AM

Why would 1 loss eliminate them? It might and it might not. It depends how the game goes down. It depends how the rest of the year unfolds.

i see someone has their bama googly eye goggles on***

Nov 9, 2019, 10:40 AM

Re: i see someone has their bama googly eye goggles on***

Nov 9, 2019, 10:49 AM

I dont like Bama at all. I like Clemson only. I dislike the coots. Other than that, I dont care about any other teams. I definitely think Bama is a top 4 team. That said, there is a lot more football to be played this year.

Nov 9, 2019, 10:59 AM

The question CGD and anybody else has to ask is "if they think the teams ahead of Clemson currently can beat them on the field"? That's the frustrating part because - the beating Bama got has made the question of "who deserves" come up? Since when has college football cared about "who deserves"! During the by gone era where it was just bowl affiliation games and #1 could be playing #4 and then the champion was voted on. It didn't matter that some team got a loss late in the season who was dominant all year! You had to win them all most years or you were not in the running. Now all of a sudden a team from a conference deemed a power 5 - not by them - but by others - schedule and schedule strength is being condemned. 3 below .500 just in the SEC west alone, yet that isn't being questioned?

Heck no Bama shouldn't get a pass; if that's the criteria! In fact, LSU either b/c they are also feasting on some weak "A" teams in the SEC west.

Nov 9, 2019, 11:01 AM

They are building hype. They know we are in if we win out.

Nov 9, 2019, 4:20 PM

LSU has taken a page from our game with Bama and applying it well, with the exception of the last play:(!!!

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic