Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will it ever end?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Will it ever end?

Dec 3, 2020, 6:32 PM

Haven't posted about this in a few days. Robo call today from White Oak Hdq. 91 positive residents and 45 staff......how do they continue to operate? 130 residents and 91+ comes up to 70%, shocking numbers! My Mother is doing fine, she is the toughest 98yo I know.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: Will it ever end?

Dec 3, 2020, 6:41 PM

Plus 1 for Mother at 98, but I'm assuming that you don't know many 98 year olds beside Joe at 99!!!!!! :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2020, 6:42 PM

It’s staggering to say the least. Will continue to keep her in my prayers sir.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayers sent

Dec 3, 2020, 6:45 PM

Gods peace!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But people don’t believe in it.

Dec 3, 2020, 6:49 PM

My uncle quit his job driving body loads for BMW to the inland port because one of the buildings required him to wear a mask for the 10 seconds it took him to walk in a sign for a bill of lading. He made $50/leg and moved 15-18 legs per day putting no more than 100 miles per day on his truck. Quit it, just like that. Now he’s moving loads for Amazon going from GSP to Charlotte for $175 per load and making no money on the return trip.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: But people don’t believe in it.

Dec 3, 2020, 6:58 PM

I have an aunt who refuses to wear a mask.

True story, she ended up in ICU on the brink of going on a vent with respiratory failure. 69
And as hard-headed and stubborn as they come... I am not suggesting the mask would have “prevented” her illness, but the mindset is mind bottling. Oh, this is the same aunt that proclaimed at Thanksgiving when discussing our thoughts on the incumbent POTUS exiting that “Trump IS going to remain the president because ALL of the profits said so... ??????? I just looked away. Disclaimer, I am an independent-conservative.

Dec 3, 2020, 9:28 PM

I have an aunt who refuses to wear a mask.

True story, she ended up in ICU on the brink of going on a vent with respiratory failure. 69
And as hard-headed and stubborn as they come... I am not suggesting the mask would have “prevented” her illness, but the mindset is mind bottling. Oh, this is the same aunt that proclaimed at Thanksgiving when discussing our thoughts on the incumbent POTUS exiting that “Trump IS going to remain the president because ALL of the profits said so... ??????? I just looked away. Disclaimer, I am an independent-conservative.

So does Pres. Trump!

Dec 3, 2020, 11:05 PM

Agreed. Was that just an observation?

Dec 4, 2020, 10:11 PM [ in reply to Re: But people don’t believe in it. ]

Do you mean Phrophets?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2020, 4:25 AM

1965tiger said:

Do you mean Phrophets?

Lol. I think it could go either way.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2020, 6:29 AM

Two spellings equal 2 different words

Profit - making money from some type of transaction.

Prophet - someone who can foresee the future or a person that has the inspired word of God.

Dec 5, 2020, 8:11 AM

LOL you must be a rocket scientist

Dec 5, 2020, 8:11 AM [ in reply to Re: But people don’t believe in it. ]

LOL you must be a rocket scientist

Dec 4, 2020, 5:32 AM [ in reply to Re: But people don’t believe in it. ]

Lord have mercy, the good old hyphenated party identifier. You either voted for Biden or Trump .

And you mask folks. Tell you what, go out this morning and strap a plastic grocery bag around the exhaust on your car and log back on tomorrow morning and tell me how you prevented the polar ice caps from melting.

What will the mask crowd do this time next year? I'm guessing talk about the anti covid vaccinators

Dec 4, 2020, 6:22 AM

I'd talk about anti-vaccinators a year from now because I enjoy talking about stupid people and making fun of them. And as we all know, anti-vaxers are some of the dumbest people in the world.

#LincolnVoter

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You voted for Abraham Lincoln?

Dec 5, 2020, 6:25 AM

Interesting move.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2020, 7:41 AM [ in reply to Re: But people don’t believe in it. ]

The idiocy of people still today, almost a year later, is astounding

Dec 5, 2020, 7:54 AM

moodytiger said:

Yeah the idiocy is absolutely astounding!!! Had someone the other day tell me that the vaccines were Bill Gate’s, and there is a microchip in the vaccine that allows he and the government to track us therefore they would not be participating...they even provided an article by a “conservative group” on this chip thing!!! Lololol... growing up, I often wondered how Jim Jones got all those folks to drink the Kool-aid ... after watching Trump and his followers, I now know!!! Funny but truly sad!!!

Dec 5, 2020, 7:41 AM [ in reply to Re: But people don’t believe in it. ]

Dec 3, 2020, 11:01 PM [ in reply to But people don’t believe in it. ]

null

Message was edited by: dabrian®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2020, 7:09 PM

Prayers for your Mother to remain safe.

Dec 3, 2020, 8:45 PM

Prayers for mothers continued good health.

Dec 3, 2020, 10:57 PM

I think you HAVE to be tough to get to be 98 :)

Best wishes to your Mother and your family, as well.

Dec 4, 2020, 5:01 AM

I lost a close, young cousin in Texas a couple of weeks ago to covid with the rapidity of his death stunning all of our family.

What startled me was the fact that I had communicated with him only three days prior to his death, and he indicated that he was much improved and would be returning home in a week or two.

At my age in my 70's I have taken precautions, wearing a mask inside stores while maintaining the suggested social distance. Yet, I continue to work parttime assisting a friend with his business. I don't like restraints...never have...never will...but personally I just won't adopt an obstinate approach when the measures are not really over-bearing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Best wishes to your Mother and your family, as well.

Dec 5, 2020, 7:29 AM

Will keep you in my prayers hartins. I hope you remain healthy. I am sincerely sorry for the lose of your friend in Texas. I will pray for this family as well.

And thank you to the many prayers I have received over the years from so many of you.

Dec 4, 2020, 11:58 PM

Well, I tell ya what. President Trump campaigning, he was correct, we're rounding the curve. We rounded alright, now we're headed up mt Everest full steam ahead. So much for it ending on Nov 4th.

Good luck in the near future getting into a hospital if you're having a stroke. Med personnel are getting stretched to the max... And if they're any medical personnel that isn't, they should do the honorable thing and go help their bretheren out.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2020, 6:31 AM

I have a new nickname for your mom. “Duracell”. My mother in law is 93 wants me to take her out Christmas shopping. I have called her Duracell since her late 80’s.

I hope your mom continues to enjoy good health. Thanks for sharing. ??

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic